Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Young - Touts 49Ers As Peyton Manning's 'best Opportunity'

bayone

I'm rooting for the Broncos, but think it will be the Titans. I guess I'm hoping it's not the 49ers since I'm a Giants fan at heart. The division rival thing doesn't bother me, but for some reason in my head the Titans are "bad guys" and the Texans are "good guys".

I always felt like that too. lmao

The Texans have always been the little brother waiting for their turn.

well with the addition of Manningham to the 49ers they now have a threat at wide receiver besides Crabtree, Im still not convinced Denver has that, I like Elway thats not the issue, I like Harbaugh and Fox. They are alike in my eyes in one way at least, they both arent afraid to change a strategy to fit their players strengths, with that said with the addition of Manningham Ill say advantage 49ers at least in who I would go with. Im not sold on either Offensive Lines though, as to where he actually goes who knows

I'm rooting for the Broncos, but think it will be the Titans. I guess I'm hoping it's not the 49ers since I'm a Giants fan at heart. The division rival thing doesn't bother me, but for some reason in my head the Titans are "bad guys" and the Texans are "good guys".

Here's what really bothers me: Say #18 chooses the Titans & wins a ring there prior to retiring. Who does he go into the Hall of Fame as? A Titans QB or a Colts QB? Either way, 1 city will have some serious resentment toward Peyton Manning.

Has #18 really thought about that? Perhaps he should dwell on this for a little while first IMO.

Here's what really bothers me: Say #18 chooses the Titans & wins a ring there prior to retiring. Who does he go into the Hall of Fame as? A Titans QB or a Colts QB? Either way, 1 city will have some serious resentment toward Peyton Manning.

Has #18 really thought about that?

Wouldn't that be true no matter where he plays? Do you really have to choose one team to be in the hall of fame as? If you have success for 2 teams, why can't they just list both?

Wouldn't that be true no matter where he plays? Do you really have to choose one team to be in the hall of fame as? If you have success for 2 teams, why can't they just list both?

No, not in Denver or San Franciso because they are completely outside the AFC South, the division Peyton made famous & his own.

Getting a ring in Tennessee is like stabbing Colts Nation in the back with a blunt, dull blade. It reaks of betrayal & being a traitor to the franchise that made you a household name.

You go into the Hall of Fame with 1 team only. Besides, if you win a ring outside your division, you typically go back to your starting franchise i.e. the Indianapolis Colts.

No, not in Denver or San Franciso because they are completely outside the AFC South, the division he made famous & his own.

Getting a ring in Tennessee is like stabbing the Colts Nation in the back with a blunt, dull blade. It reaks of betrayal & being a traitor to the franchise that made you a household name.

You go into the Hall of Fame with 1 team only. Besides, if you win a ring outside your division, you typically go back to your starting franchise i.e. the Indianapolis Colts.

He was cut from the Colts. Everything is fair game after that. Did the Colts make Peyton a household name or did he do that for them? Didn't Irsay stand there and announce on national TV "If Peyton is healthy, he'll be our starting QB next year"? Well, it looks like he's healthy, and he's not starting. Who betrayed who?

The NFC is going to be brutal. Especially if Peyton goes to SF. Brady is really the only top QB in the AFC right now. If you are generous you can throw in Big Ben. Rivers on a good day too.

Yeah. Former AFC powerhouses like Pittsburgh and Indy don't look so tough. The Chargers were a mess last year. Baltimore is solid, but I'm not sold on Flacco. Houston is good. In the NFC, you have the Giants, Pack, and Saints who are all good. The Bears are improving and have arguably the most balanced offense in the NFC North. San Fran was strong and Peyton would only make them better

He was cut from the Colts. Everything is fair game after that. Did the Colts make Peyton a household name or did he do that for them? Didn't Irsay stand there and announce on national TV "If Peyton is healthy, he'll be our starting QB next year"? Well, it looks like he's healthy, and he's not starting. Who betrayed who?

No, he wasn't cut. His option bonus wasn't renewed or picked up. A person as media savvy as Petton won't rub Irsay's nose in it. Peyton is above petty vengence. Besides #18 was finacially well compensated for his 14 years of QB sevice in Indianapolis. He wasn't working for peanuts okay. Did Bill Polian surround #18 with weapons like Marvin Harrison Tarrik Glenn, Reggie Wanye, Brandon Stokley, Marshall Faulk, Edgerrian James, Dallas Clark, & Joseph Addai? Yes, of course he did.

Yes, Peyton is a remarkable talent who single-handedly turned INDY into a football playoffs contender, built Lucas Oil Stadium, & brought a Superbowl to Indianapolis no question, but Irsay & Polian chose Peyton over Ryan Leaf, Tom Moore molded him, & they continued to surround him with weapons. Please Don't act like #18 did it all alone okay; Peyton would be the 1st to tell you he didn't either. Sometimes partnerships simply run their course & end. Plain & simple.

No, he wasn't cut. His option bonus wasn't renewed or picked up. A person as media savvy as Petton won't rub Irsay's nose in it. Peyton is above petty vengence. Besides #18 was finacially well compensated for his 14 years of QB sevice in Indianapolis. He wasn't working for peanuts okay. Did Bill Polian surround #18 with weapons like Marvin Harrison Tarrik Glenn, Reggie Wanye, Brandon Stokley, Marshall Faulk, Edgerrian James, Dallas Clark, & Joseph Addai? Yes, of course he did.

Yes, Peyton is a remarkable talent who single-handedly turned INDY into a football playoffs contender, built Lucas Oil Stadium, & brought a Superbowl to Indianapolis no question, but Irsay & Polian chose Peyton over Ryan Leaf, Tom Moore molded him, & they continued to surround him with weapons. Please Don't act like #18 did it all alone okay; Peyton would be the 1st to tell you he didn't either. Sometimes partnerships simply run their course & end. Plain & simple.

Option bonus not being picked up = released = cut. Irsay decided to move on.

Yeah. Former AFC powerhouses like Pittsburgh and Indy don't look so tough. The Chargers were a mess last year. Baltimore is solid, but I'm not sold on Flacco. Houston is good. In the NFC, you have the Giants, Pack, and Saints who are all good. The Bears are improving and have arguably the most balanced offense in the NFC North. San Fran was strong and Peyton would only make them better

Lions could be in the mix too. There will be a few new teams probably as well. The NFC is always ultra competitive in recent years it seems.

In the AFC I would not even be shocked if the Pats win it again by default barring major injury. SB losers don't tend to go back but who knows. Maybe they are the new Bills. ;)

Peyton & Eli Fan,

"Option bonus not being picked up = released = cut. Irsay decided to move on. " Jim Irsay made Peyton a very rich man. He won't starve okay.

"Everything is fair game after that." No, it isn't. Irsay stood by Peyton through knee surgery & bursa sac removal recovery & he signed the checks for several offensive weapons like Harrison, Clark, Collie, & Wayne to make #18's life easier on the field.

"Who Betrayed Who?" If Peyton goes to the Titans, there is no such thing as loyalty or "All is Fair In Love & War." IMO.

Peyton & Eli Fan,

"Option bonus not being picked up = released = cut. Irsay decided to move on. " Jim Irsay made Peyton a very rich man. He won't starve okay.

"Everything is fair game after that." No, it isn't. Irsay stood by Peyton through knee surgery & bursa sac removal recovery & he signed the checks for several offensive weapons like Harrison, Clark, Collie, & Wayne to make #18's life easier on the field.

"Who Betrayed Who?" If Peyton goes to the Titans, there is no such thing as loyalty or "All is Fair In Love & War." IMO.

We're going to have to agree to disagree. Peyton has as much loyalty to the state of TN as he does to the Colts. He considers it home. I hope he choses elsewhere but I don't see it as betrayal.

We're going to have to agree to disagree. Peyton has as much loyalty to the state of TN as he does to the Colts. He considers it home. I hope he choses elsewhere but I don't see it as betrayal.

Fair enough, Peyton & Eli Fan. I value your point of view & enjoy debating with you on Colts Forum. To paraphrase what you said, "We will never see eye to eye on the exact definition of betrayal then." So be it.

Adding Manningham, alienating Alex Smith, signing Randy Moss, etc.. Looks like the bed-warmers are firing up. Smart money says he's going to San Fran. and will get a ring perhaps in first year. Denver is a close 2nd but who wants to play in thin air for a lesser team.

You uhhhh.....you alright there Chris?

Kinda stuttering this morning, bud.

On topic; I assume the Alex Smith thing is a red flag indicating some internal dealings between Condon and his clients in which Peyton has fingered SF as his team and Condon "encouraged" Smith to seek employment elsewhere. To what level the transparency goes, who knows? Perhaps Condon suggested Alex seek a better contract offer elsewhere as a way to move his client without tipping anyone off as to a decision being made?

On topic; I assume the Alex Smith thing is a red flag indicating some internal dealings between Condon and his clients in which Peyton has fingered SF as his team and Condon "encouraged" Smith to seek employment elsewhere. To what level the transparency goes, who knows? Perhaps Condon suggested Alex seek a better contract offer elsewhere as a way to move his client without tipping anyone off as to a decision being made?

Or as I read somewhere else on the board, Condon knows Manning is not going to SF and advised Smith to visit Miami to raise his stock and use it as a negotiation tool for more money. A smart agent would think of something like that and Condon is smart..

Does appear SF is putting the pieces together for Manning to come there and get them to a Super Bowl. I'd rather see him in SF than in Tennessee or Denver. I think if he wears any kind of blue uniform, it will look strange...let him change colors completely!

Did you know one full stop and one comma sneaked into your post there fella? Nearly ruined the flow.....

Just pulling your leg. I get what you are saying apart from the last bit from 'Mural' onwards.....

I did. Entered them in separate lines. Something happend, when i saved it.

Last line, what i meant is Colts is history and people in indiana are back to where they were before 1998 ( basketball ) and Peyton offering Irsay if he needs to endorse his name to resurrect.

From Peyton's view

Tennesse - Home town, Family state,Comfort, Accomodating owner, Decent team, AFC.

Denver - Full freedom, decent team,Comfort, an EX-QB who understands it, AFC.

SF - Best team of all 3, Eli factor, With Jim Harbaugh, will he get enough freedom.

I think it will boil down to family,freedom and comfort.

Peyton's decision will explain what he wants.

i dont want to se him in SF, i do not want to see Moss get any success, imo he doesnt deserve it, he gives up on teams, is a cancer and will not deserve any success Manning and the niners bring to him

when i comes down to it i want to see him go to denver, dont want him in our division in TN

If he goes to the 49ers and his contract is not redicilous it is the best place for him. He will have something he has never had in his entire career in the NFL. He will finally have a defense that can dictate and enforce their will onto the opposing team. It is a defense that can actually stand on its own and make plays without having to rely on Manning to get them a two score lead. He would actually not have to carry the entire team on his shoulders like he did here.

You throw in really good running game, a great TE, and some solid WRs that he can turn into great WRs and that team could be dominating the NFC until Manning retires.

I always said if I am Manning I take less money to go to the 49ers than to go somewhere like Denver or Miami.

No, not in Denver or San Franciso because they are completely outside the AFC South, the division Peyton made famous & his own.

Getting a ring in Tennessee is like stabbing Colts Nation in the back with a blunt, dull blade. It reaks of betrayal & being a traitor to the franchise that made you a household name.

Well, we don't have to argue about it anymore.