Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buffalo@New England Thread

shakedownstreet

3 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

Let us all hope that is true. Their offense still stinks. 

They moved the ball with efficiency today up and down the field on a rather good D. I was impressed THIS week with the O. Game wouldn’t been close if wasn’t for two huge pass plays by Buffalo. IMO the best game by the Pats and Brady against a good opponent .

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The bills are close to being a elite team. They just need a couple more playmakers on offense.

They are very good and I wouldn’t be shocked see them in Baltimore for the division round.  (I don’t see Pitt or Tenn beating KC)

2 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

They moved the ball with efficiency today up and down the field on a rather good D. I was impressed THIS week with the O. Game wouldn’t been close if wasn’t for two huge pass plays by Buffalo. IMO the best game by the Pats and Brady against a good opponent

Very true.. and it * me off lol. Why you gotta play possum all year long?! Geeze.. just go away. Play on wildcard weekend for once. I was a teenager in my parents house last time y'all played wildcard weekend. I am married with 3 children!! Just gooo away! I wanna see fresh blood. Every QB in the AFC playoffs is gonna be like 2017 younger . Than we got old man river still in it. These QBs probably were even watching Tom's first 3 Superbowls lol

Every time the Pats play a team with a standout feature player or group that sways sports writers to say for that reason team X should win against the Pats. Yet year after year the opposite becomes the reality. Great offense, great defense, great QB, great RB or WRs New England counters the standout feature of opposing teams with their own standout opposite and wins. 

• Like 1

In all honesty I could pull what some people pull with JB in here. I watched the entire 2nd half and I seen at least 2 or 3 times Allen missed open guys. On 1 play he had his TE wide open and missed him which was a huge play. He looked inaccurate to me and his 13-26 (50%) for only 208 yards statistically proves my point (see what I did there). Had Buffalo had a good QB they could've won this thing.

• Like 1

I actually went to the game last night, dressed in a Jim Kelly jersey. Didn't cheer or scream too much (just some occasional clapping), since, as you'd expect, I didn't think they'd ultimately win. Don't know why the offense went stone cold conservative after the TD in the 3rd quarter, it was just run three times and punt, they really put a lot of strain on the defense. When they actually forced the ball downfield they had success, they stuck with the run despite not getting anything out of it.

Pass rush was really a letdown too, so many plays where Brady had his normal "If I stand in the pocket I can run the 15 minutes of the quarter down, get my Christmas Shopping done, and cook hot dogs for the sideline" time to throw.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

I actually went to the game last night, dressed in a Jim Kelly jersey. Didn't cheer or scream too much (just some occasional clapping), since, as you'd expect, I didn't think they'd ultimately win. Don't know why the offense went stone cold conservative after the TD in the 3rd quarter, it was just run three times and punt, they really put a lot of strain on the defense. When they actually forced the ball downfield they had success, they stuck with the run despite not getting anything out of it.

Pass rush was really a letdown too, so many plays where Brady had his normal "If I stand in the pocket I can run the 15 minutes of the quarter down, get my Christmas Shopping done, and cook hot dogs for the sideline" time to throw.

You guys played well, they just always seem to win at home. Good luck in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You guys played well, they just always seem to win at home. Good luck in the playoffs.

Hoping we get Houston in the Wild Card round, assuming the Patriots get the #2 seed I'd prefer the Chiefs to go into Foxboro as the #3 seed, think they'd be a bigger problem for them for the Texans. Baltimore's not going to choke their last two games away, are they?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

Hoping we get Houston in the Wild Card round, assuming the Patriots get the #2 seed I'd prefer the Chiefs to go into Foxboro as the #3 seed, think they'd be a bigger problem for them for the Texans. Baltimore's not going to choke their last two games away, are they?

Chiefs could def take them out again. As long as andy Reid isn't in playoff form lol. And no way Baltimore loses two unless a big injury happened lol

• Like 2

21 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

This year, Sean McDermott should know that Brady has been shaky vs the blitz and should have forced the issue more, IMO. Plus, like Blake Bortles and the Jaguars will tell you, you never win by playing possum vs the Patriots when you get a lead. Unless you know your D is capable of limiting Brady again and again and again, you have to stay aggressive and you can, with the amount of man coverage that the Patriots play. 

21 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Chiefs could def take them out again. As long as andy Reid isn't in playoff form lol. And no way Baltimore loses two unless a big injury happened lol

Andy Reid almost did the same thing in the regular season game in Foxboro, went conservative with a lead. He is almost guaranteed to do the same if he gets a lead. It would be best for them that they do not get a lead till 2-3 minutes before the game ends for that reason. Mahomes is playing better as weeks have gone on and he needs to use his legs more vs the Patriots to keep them honest and needs to connect on a couple of deep balls to keep that man coverage honest. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

This... quietly a dark horse in the AFC. Will finish with the same record as last year probably with a better team. At least better defensively  

But the defense could be fool's gold and if the Patriots decide to keep Mahomes on the sidelines, KC still has the weakness with its run D. We will see how things unfold. Might be good for KC to go on the road as opposed to home where they have a terrible record in the playoffs.