Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Game Day Parking

aavmarine

10 minutes ago, aavmarine said:

My daughter and I flew in to see the game tomorrow, and was wondering if anybody could recommend good parking, but to expensive. How early should we leave, and what game day experience do you recommend? Thanks for your help....

Where to park your plane? 

but seriously, assuming you are staying outside the city and have a rental car:

Shapiros deli. It’s $20 to park and you get a $10 voucher towards food, which is soooo good. Easy walk to stadium and you’ll be so full that you won’t need to buy any overpriced stadium food. 

get there by 11:00. The line will be crazy long, but it goes fast. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Where to park your plane? 

but seriously, assuming you are staying outside the city and have a rental car:

Shapiros deli. It’s $20 to park and you get a $10 voucher towards food, which is soooo good. Easy walk to stadium and you’ll be so full that you won’t need to buy any overpriced stadium food. 

Looking at the map, would that be on S. Meridian and W. McCarty St? How early should we get there? Coming from Plainfield. 

5 minutes ago, aavmarine said:

Looking at the map, would that be on S. Meridian and W. McCarty St? How early should we get there? Coming from Plainfield. 

I’m not from Indy, so not sure where Plainfield is. We stay in the city and walk to the games. Don’t do the tailgating since we don’t know anyone, and morning drinking is not appealing.  Shapiro's is our pre game meal. 

if you arrive at 11:00, you should be done eating and walking to stadium by 12:00, so base your arrival on how early you want to be inside LOS. 

yes, McCarty and meridian 

31 minutes ago, aavmarine said:

My daughter and I flew in to see the game tomorrow, and was wondering if anybody could recommend good parking, but to expensive. How early should we leave, and what game day experience do you recommend? Thanks for your help....

We park at the Government Center, about a half mile walk to the stadium.  $25 all day rate

It's about a half hour from Plainfield.

It's open to the public on weekends https://www.downtownindy.org/parking/government-center-washington-st-parking-facility/

I'd leave home 10:30 am, park, and take time to wander around the stadium inside and out, watch the teams warm up, and get your snacks.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, P'Son said:

Park for free on west Morris St. between Senate St. and Missouri St.  3,000 foot walk to stadium.  Easy access to interstate.  I did it for years.

I can't tell you how many times I have watch the sheep pull into $25 lots, as they drive right past abundant free parking

Meters are free on Sundays!

The best thing to do IMO is to find a restaurant or pub a few miles away with free parking, have a nice meal, and then Uber. I've done it for years and it typically comes out less than parking close. You also can relax with your food or drink while waiting and tracking your driver, and don't have to deal with the weather.

2 hours ago, IndyD4U said:

I usually park in the garage at West and Maryland (Victory Field, JW Marriott, Convention Center intersection)for 20 bucks. Take the catwalk to the convention center and you can walk directly to LOS all indoors 

So, I'm just looking at a map here. You park at the garage at the north side of W Maryland, walk across the street south, enter the entrance of the convention center (south side corner of West and W Maryland), and then you can walk all the way through the convention center to it's south east corner which exits right by LOS? Is that correct?

21 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

So, I'm just looking at a map here. You park at the garage at the north side of W Maryland, walk across the street south, enter the entrance of the convention center (south side corner of West and W Maryland), and then you can walk all the way through the convention center to it's south east corner which exits right by LOS? Is that correct?

There is a gerbil tube that connects the garage to the convention center and a tunnel that takes you directly into LOS. Once you hit the gerbil tube from the garage you are indoors the entire trip 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

I can't tell you how many times I have watch the sheep pull into $25 lots, as they drive right past abundant free parking

Meters are free on Sundays!

There are no meters on Morris.  Easy in, easy out.

• 1 year later...

So were coming down from Wisconsin to the colts seahawks game this Sunday.....Website says no tailgating on colts controlled parking lots, so I take it any of the parking lots around the stadium...correct? I'm guessing once you cross the street though it looks like there is alot of other non-colts controlled lots to park and tailgate....is this true?....Just want to know where we should go when we get there.  Any info or advice would be great, thanks.