Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WithTheFirstPick.com 3 Round mock is one of the best I've seen for the Colts:

1) Javon Kinlaw IDL 

2-1) Jordan Love QB

2-2) Brycen Hopkins TE

3) JK Dobbins RB 

A major upgrade on the dline, and a revamp on offense. Dobbins is a great 3 down back, if he lasts to the 3rd that's an incredible value. Only thing about this draft is there's no WR taken in the first 4 picks, which is worrisome to me in a draft loaded with WR talent. Maybe in this scenario it will be addressed via FA? Haven't really looked to see who was hitting the open market this offseason? 

IMO, in addition to CIN;  MIA, LAC, and CAR will be looking QB.  Even if we draft ahead of them come draft day, we'll probably still need to move up some just to be sure they do not jump us.

Based on that, I would say that our first round pick and first pick in the second will be used on a QB.  I'm fine with the TE and the RB, since I think we need both (and agree to not expect Dobbins to be there).  We might be able to get a DT in FA.

I did a 7 round and came up with this

#15 Tee Higgins WR

#36 Jalen Hurts QB

#47 RASHARD LAWRENCE IDL

#79 JK DOBBINS RB

#111 JARED PINKNEY TE

#142 COLE VAN LANEN OT

#174 BINJIMEN VICTOR WR

#185 ZACH BAUN EDGE

#206 STEVEN GONZALES IOL

THOUGHTS  i know dobbins may not be there but he was in the mock i did

31 minutes ago, Jeremy Waldon said:

I did a 7 round and came up with this

#15 Tee Higgins WR

#36 Jalen Hurts QB

#47 RASHARD LAWRENCE IDL

#79 JK DOBBINS RB

#111 JARED PINKNEY TE

#142 COLE VAN LANEN OT

#174 BINJIMEN VICTOR WR

#185 ZACH BAUN EDGE

#206 STEVEN GONZALES IOL

THOUGHTS  i know dobbins may not be there but he was in the mock i did

Living inSEC country, Hurts is most known for his strength (he is a power lifter) and running ability. Saban couldn’t replace him fast enough with Tua. 

Say it with me: Jordan Love will not be available in the 2nd round. Weather it’s because he’s valued higher or because teams want that 5th year option, he will almost assuredly go In the 1st round. The only QBs that I would say are definitely 2nd round players are Fromm and Hurts as I could even see a team like Tampa trading back into the 1st for Eason.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Say it with me: Jordan Love will not be available in the 2nd round. Weather it’s because he’s valued higher or because teams want that 5th year option, he will almost assuredly go In the 1st round. The only QBs that I would say are definitely 2nd round players are Fromm and Hurts as I could even see a team like Tampa trading back into the 1st for Eason.

I agree. If he would have laid a turn last night, I think he might have made it to R2, but he played really well why everyone was watching. 

The 2nd or 3rd round QB that I find interesting is Gordon from WA St. 

But I do think either Love or Herbert will be available for our mid round pick. And even if we have to move up a tad we can with just one of our 2s.

2 hours ago, coltsfan40 said:

I like Eason at our first 2nd rd pick. Kinlaw in the first. Juedy lamb gone rugg also. At 46 take wide out. Colts in my opinion Colts won't draft QB. They said Bisset is their QB 

6 hours ago, MPStack said:

Ceede Lamb or Jeudy doesn’t fix Brissett

You could replace "or" with "and" and still be correct.

9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Patriots would not pass up love if he is there at there first round pick.  So love will not be there in the second. 

IMO, none of the Qbs we're talking about will be there in the second.  There may be seven taken in round 1.  They all look pretty good to me.

On 12/21/2019 at 10:19 AM, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

WithTheFirstPick.com 3 Round mock is one of the best I've seen for the Colts:

1) Javon Kinlaw IDL 

2-1) Jordan Love QB

2-2) Brycen Hopkins TE

3) JK Dobbins RB 

A major upgrade on the dline, and a revamp on offense. Dobbins is a great 3 down back, if he lasts to the 3rd that's an incredible value. Only thing about this draft is there's no WR taken in the first 4 picks, which is worrisome to me in a draft loaded with WR talent. Maybe in this scenario it will be addressed via FA? Haven't really looked to see who was hitting the open market this offseason? 

I honestly do not believe pass catcher is a problem on our team, we have a way bigger problem in the pass thrower. TY, Pascal, Campbell,  Johnson, Fountain, Doyle are all adequate catchers for an avg to above avg QB. JB is not avg at this point. I’d be fine with a draft such as this but rather worrying about the WR position, I’m concerned more with the CB spot. I’d prefer to use the 3rd pick on a CB instead of a TE imho. Better QB play will make this wr stable look better than they have this year. 

QB

DT

CB

OT/G

these are the positions we need to invest in higher than the TE or WR or Rb spots. Amazing how much we’ve taken having a Manning then a Luck QB under center make this team look so much better than they are. A mediocre QB makes teams look worse than they really are and JB is barely mediocre. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

We know! :thmup: Others just takes more time! 

BTW did you know L. Swann (HOF) never had one 1000 season? 

Maybe he didn’t but he did have the ability to make the big plays when they were needed. 

Just now, Archer said:

I don’t understand all the love for Love.  I’m not sure I’d take him in the 3rd.  He had a lousy year...

I guess the Draft Advisory Board told him wrong! I doubt he’s coming out to be drafted in the 3rd, with a year of eligibility left. Dooley noted though!  

5 minutes ago, Archer said:

I don’t understand all the love for Love.  I’m not sure I’d take him in the 3rd.  He had a lousy year...

He was 32/6 when he had a lot of talent last year and lost his coach. He throws with ease and has beautiful touch and accuracy. He is able to really extend plays and make something happen when a play breaks down. 

21 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I honestly do not believe pass catcher is a problem on our team, we have a way bigger problem in the pass thrower. TY, Pascal, Campbell,  Johnson, Fountain, Doyle are all adequate catchers for an avg to above avg QB. JB is not avg at this point. I’d be fine with a draft such as this but rather worrying about the WR position, I’m concerned more with the CB spot. I’d prefer to use the 3rd pick on a CB instead of a TE imho. Better QB play will make this wr stable look better than they have this year. 

QB

DT

CB

OT/G

these are the positions we need to invest in higher than the TE or WR or Rb spots. Amazing how much we’ve taken having a Manning then a Luck QB under center make this team look so much better than they are. A mediocre QB makes teams look worse than they really are and JB is barely mediocre. 

We lack playmakers. We need a stud next to TY. No matter who is the QB we need to upgrade. TY isn’t getting younger.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We lack playmakers. We need a stud next to TY. No matter who is the QB we need to upgrade. TY isn’t getting younger.

I don’t disagree that we will need to add around TY but my point of this exercise was to show that without a competent QB, it really won’t matter who you have around him. I wished I had the All22 so I could see how often JB is missing guys that are left wide open yet he doesn’t look their way. Luck on the other hand could search 3 reads in 2-3 seconds and make a decision where as JB stays pretty much on read number one and waits. We’ve all admitted this is JB, we need better than what he has provided. If he couldn’t work with TY, EE or any other receiver this season to make them look decent, a new, younger star isn’t going to come in and get us where we need. 

gotta fix the QB spot first and foremost. 

9 hours ago, Jdubu said:

I don’t disagree that we will need to add around TY but my point of this exercise was to show that without a competent QB, it really won’t matter who you have around him. I wished I had the All22 so I could see how often JB is missing guys that are left wide open yet he doesn’t look their way. Luck on the other hand could search 3 reads in 2-3 seconds and make a decision where as JB stays pretty much on read number one and waits. We’ve all admitted this is JB, we need better than what he has provided. If he couldn’t work with TY, EE or any other receiver this season to make them look decent, a new, younger star isn’t going to come in and get us where we need. 

gotta fix the QB spot first and foremost. 

We can do both.

9 hours ago, Archer said:

From what I understand he lost near all supporting cast, he will be drafted high because of potential and upside. Happens often. I like him in 2nd but no higher. Get a stud dline and wr.

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We can do both.

You’re right, you solve both by getting a better performance from the QB spot, that solve the QB and the WR position with one person. You absolutely can’t solve both using one draft if you don’t first solve the main puzzle. Again, doesn’t mean we need Peyton Manning but you need at least a Trent Dilfer. We don’t even have one of those. Now CB May get lucky and find 3-4 real hits in this upcoming draft that contribute in the manner that We seen with Nelson and with Leonard, but to expect a QB,  a CB, a DT and a WR that are all high level hits, I think you’re asking for a high bar.  It’s possible that we use the FA route to obtain one of those positions as well but which one and are you certain they come and make an instant impact as well? At least Houston has produced this year. Makes you wonder what having Turay off the other side with Houston looks like?? 

I believe this team has enough bones to do well with a slightly above avg QB in the building, we don’t have that with JB and I think most can accept that fact. What is a little concerning is how the coaching has handled adversity. If you take out Luck, did they change enough to adapt for just having JB? On the defensive side though, is not having Turay enough of a reason not to figure out large gaping holes in your defensive scheme? We’ve played plenty of teams where their star DE or DT or CB or Safety was out and we never could exploit the back ups. People exploited our starters too often. I’m pretty concerned over the lack of creativity on defense to expect big things next year unless we really hit on multiple positions with draft and FA. 

8 minutes ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

From what I understand he lost near all supporting cast, he will be drafted high because of potential and upside. Happens often. I like him in 2nd but no higher. Get a stud dline and wr.

I wish the Colts could afford to wait until the 2nd round but I have to agree with others on this Board that Love will go before then as will several others. Too many QB needy teams. And the Colts are one of them. What could happen is the Colts using their first pick on another player and trading back into the first to grab a player like Love. They have the firepower to do it without sacrificing the future. Maybe a late first round pick in exchange for the Redskins pick and their own 3rd? 

14 hours ago, Archer said:

Never quoted myself before, but I was too harsh on the subject.  I’ve never watched the guy play.  Just saw his stats and read a scouting report, then started popping my mouth off...