Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rueben Randall Wr, Most Underrated In The Draft

I just don't like that he was shut down by Dre' Kirkpatrick twice. He's going to be going up against even better CBs than him in the NFL.

Well I would argue that having Jordan Jefferson and Jarret Lee at QB isn't exactly an advantage especially against an Alabama D. I know playmakers have to make plays, but Jefferson's play was awful in both those games and it's a little more difficult to make plays if you can't get the ball.

Well I would argue that having Jordan Jefferson and Jarret Lee at QB isn't exactly an advantage especially against an Alabama D. I know playmakers have to make plays, but Jefferson's play was awful in both those games and it's a little more difficult to make plays if you can't get the ball.

That's a fair point, but you can really help out a QB by getting open, which he couldn't do against an elite CB prospect. Even going back to 2010 when he played against Janoris Jenkins at Florida he was shutdown again. He struggles getting separation so I can't see him ever becoming a #1 WR in the NFL. I'd take Hill, Sanu and Streeter ahead of him.

Found this on Twiter, not sure how to post the actual link from iPhone...

According to Barry Every, a national recruiter analyst for Rivals.com, “Randle is an athlete who is a cross between A. J. Green and Julio Jones. He should have a similar impact at the next level.”

That's definitely interesting... both those guys are way faster and more athletic IMO

From what I hear Sanu has the upside of Anquan or Hakeem Nicks. I know his forty sucked at the combine, but I don't think it'll matter because he has very good game speed.

The problem is we need a consistent shutdown corner so that 2nd should be used to draft the best available corner (Jenkins, Gilmore, Dennard). Then in the 3rd we can grab the best available receiver (Sanu, Quik).

I just don't like that he was shut down by Dre' Kirkpatrick twice. He's going to be going up against even better CBs than him in the NFL.

Part of that was the LSU offense. When they played Bama, they had no time and kept running the QB option. They hardly use the WR.

From what I hear Sanu has the upside of Anquan or Hakeem Nicks. I know his forty sucked at the combine, but I don't think it'll matter because he has very good game speed.

The problem is we need a consistent shutdown corner so that 2nd should be used to draft the best available corner (Jenkins, Gilmore, Dennard). Then in the 3rd we can grab the best available receiver (Sanu, Quik).

Not at the level of Nicks. Not nearly as fast. Part of what made his tape look so good was the fact he played in the big east. Also, Quick was quite disappointing at the senior bowl and combine for the drills.