Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Panthers @ Colts Game Day Thread

Nadine

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Way too many whiny Colts fans in this forum.

Whine when we lose and whine when we win. 

Thin skinned and soft fans are a bore. 

It's OK to be factual. The truth is.

Great win. One of two wins where it wasn't close, and that's great.

By unit..

STs:  (Hines specifically) was off the charts and a breath of fresh air

Pass D: DL and DBs finally got it together and did awesome 5 sacks and 3 INTs even though it was against a first time starter/rook/3rd stringer.

Rush D: limited Carolina to under 100

Rushing O: was great (200+ yards, and Mack hit 1000).

Passing o: was anemic (119 total yards and 0 passing TDs).

Overall, nice win to close out home games, but being eliminated from post season and doubts about the O don't magically go away because we beat a bad team with a 3rd string rook starting for the first time. It is what it is. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

People seem to always mistake critiquing JB with not being able to enjoy a win. Both are possible. And I say that as having said nothing critical of JB yet today.

Some of us have lurked in this forum since the Peyton era and I have to agree with Crazy colt ...there is a constant negative droning these days. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why would anyone want critique JB when we win 100-0, that is the real question.

The entire team gets critiqued all year long regardless of wins/losses. If not, every W would just be a bunch of 

Spartan-Cheerleaders.gif

People criticize the DBs when they stink in a win, same with AV missing in a win. QB isn't an immunity card. And the OL and WRs have been bagged on plenty to deflect from JB.

There's also individuals or units that deserve praise in losses. It's not just a "team" win or loss all the time.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Hines also took two offensive drives away from the offense. So you do have to put that in perspective.

Kinda.... Takes very little of the clock. Our D also gave our O 3 extra drives if you want to look at it that way. Hines also gave the O a very short field that resulted in a TD.

• Like 1

Jacoby has three pretty good passes that were dropped. If those had been caught his stats would of looked better. We were pretty balanced If those had been caught. I am still going to root like crazy next year if he starts.  I am not going to be negative like a lot of people. Getting everyone healthy and adding a WR with a stud DT is going to improve this team no matter who is the QB.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Jacoby has three pretty good passes that were dropped. If those had been caught his stats would of looked better. We were pretty balanced If those had been caught. I am still going to root like crazy next year if he starts.  I am not going to be negative like a lot of people. Getting everyone healthy and adding a WR with a stud DT is going to improve this team no matter who is the QB.

I only recall two drops. Regardless, add a few completions and 20 or 30 yards. That takes him to 60ish % completion, and 150 yards. The worst average in the league (YPG) is 167... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I only recall two drops. Regardless, add a few completions and 20 or 30 yards. That takes him to 60ish % completion, and 150 yards. The worst average in the league (YPG) is 167... 

I really don’t care right now. What happened is over. Next year is a different season. Why be so negative.

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I really don’t care right now. What happened is over. Next year is a different season. Why be so negative.

You said we would have been balanced had he not had those drops. 150 yards is not balanced. Calling out bad hot takes is not being negative. It's being factual.

• Nadine locked this topic