Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jordan Love Frisco Bowl

1 minute ago, CantBeStopped said:

He's not afraid to throw a screen pass either which I think we've been lacking. 

He made just about every NFL throw tonight. Deep in stride, deep back shoulder, perimeter back shoulders and comebacks, screens, leading crossers, vertical seams, bullets on broken plays ... So much to like.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Much to my surprise we have only allowed two more sacks then last year. That is even with the bad games against the broncos and Steelers. 

Last year's numbers were a little skewed though because our starters only have up like 5 sacks between the 5 of them. Most our sacks came in games they didn't all play together in

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CantBeStopped said:

Just goes to show that it's our QB play that's lacking. I don't think our line has regressed as much as our QB play has taken a turn for the worse

Our OL hasn't regressed. They're stressed more than they should be is the better description. JB even impacts run blocking because teams don't respect our passing game. 

• Like 1

Like I mentioned above the fact they pretty much run what looks like a nfl offense and not gimmicks you sometimes see in college should bode well for him. I know he mentioned running a lot of RPO in a interview and he has the ability to change a play he could fit in well with Reich. There are also teams ahead of us who have a situation where he can sit a year if needed. Maybe he more capable of starting right away then we think. We do have the oline and with some good weapons maybe he could.

I am not saying I am a Love fan. However ,I would love the Colts to play hard but lose their next 2 games.  They could pick close to top 10 with A 6-10 record. People may rag on me, but if they finish 8 and 8, they would have to give up a lot of draft capital to move up for a legit qb if they chose to go in that direction.

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

I am not saying I am a Love fan. However ,I would love the Colts to play hard but lose their next 2 games.  They could pick close to top 10 with A 6-10 record. People may rag on me, but if they finish 8 and 8, they would have to give up a lot of draft capital to move up for a legit qb if they chose to go in that direction.

They wouldn’t have to give up that much. Just depends on how far. If they only needed  to move up to ten or twelve our first next year and a third this year might do it. Or maybe one of our seconds instead of the third. It would take more if we needed to move up into the top five though.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

They wouldn’t have to give up that much. Just depends on how far. If they only needed  to move up to ten or twelve our first next year and a third this year might do it. Or maybe one of our seconds instead of the third. It would take more if we needed to move up into the top five though.

I disagree.  Let's say they picked at 11th, they could possibly get their guy without trading up or possibly trading one of their 2nd round picks.  If they were at say 18 or 20, they would most likely have to give up a future 1st round and mayb another pick.  Just look at previous drafts.  It is expensive to get near the top 10.  Teams know u r going for a qb so they make u pay for it.

6 hours ago, CantBeStopped said:

I think if he's your guy you have to take him round 1

Russell Wilson was Seattle’s guy in 2012.    Yet, they took him with pick 75 in the third round.    You don’t want to reach if you think Love falls all the way  to the second round.    

Now if  they love the kid and think he won’t fall all the way,  then you take him in the first.    It all depends on your evaluation.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

That and brissett isn't a franchise QB.

Were you expecting the Colts to have TWO franchise level quarterbacks on our roster?    Almost no one in football does.   It’s rare.

The question isn’t whether JB is a franchise QB — he’s likely not.  The question is can we win with him?  Can we make the playoffs with him?   And we were heading for that when everything went sideways and straight to Hell.

Now the questions internally become how much of this mess is JB’s fault and how much is elsewhere in the roster and coaching staff.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

If Tua, Burrow, and Herbert weren't all potential top 10 guys, I'd say Love would absolutely top 15. 

I would have never taken Allen at 7.

In one of our two mock drafts on this forum for the 2018 draft, I took Allen at 5 for the Broncos. Was my favorite QB in the draft that year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I have been very impressed so far. But he isn’t having to throw people open. I also have not really seen him work throw his reads. A lot is schemed for his first read and go. 

but again, pretty impressive. 

p.s interesting to hear people say he is a 2nd rounder. Would love that. Get the BPA at first pick and get Love with 2nd. 

Don't quote me on this but if he checks out off the field, he's not getting out of round 1 IMO. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Missed games, not totally gone. Also regressed when he was heathly

Was new

Was new

Was never thrown to before he got hurt late in the season

Was here most of the season. Also regressed

Missed a few games, he wasn't a big passing option, and the running game did fine with out him. 

So for Love to be on equal ground

1) Nelson, AC, Kelly, and Smith all gone for the entire year

2) TY, Doyle, Ebron, and Pascal, gone for the entire year

3) Mack gone the entire season, and Wilkins becoming RB1

4) The rush D giving up 50 more yards per game than they did last year

not the same

giphy.gif

And take away Reich and Sirianni and put back Pagano in.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1