• Colts by 14-20
    • Colts by 7-13
    • Colts by 1-6
    • Tie
    • Panthers by 1-6
    • Panthers by 7-13
    • Panthers by 14-20
    • Panthers by 21+
  2. 2. Who will have the better passing performance?

3. 3. Will Mack break 1000 this game (he needs 81 yards) ?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2019 at 06:00 PM

Stats farther below

Line: Colts -6.5

O/U: 46.5

Prediction %: Colts 70.2%

Quick Summary - Panthers O vs Colts D

Passing - Hard to say what the heck is going to happen here. Grier is starting for the first time vs a Colts passing D that will be missing it's first two options at nickel, and perhaps their starting FS. Grier does have some good options in Moore, McCaffrey, Samuel, and Olsen. Will Grier look like an all star vs our struggling and injured secondary. Will Eberflus's soft zone harden up for once?

Rushing - Panthers 13th rushing O vs the Colts 9th ranked rushing D. McCaffrey is always a handful in both phases, but you have to think we'll be OK vs their run.

Injury impact - Panthers are pretty healthy outside of Samuel being questionable. Our DBs injuries and the lack of Autry up front mike make it easy on Grier's coming out party. 

Quick Summary - Panthers D vs Colts O

Passing - Our 27th ranked passing O vs their 16th rated passing D. They also are ranked 2nd in sacks, and 6th in INTs. Panther's passing D definitely is not great, but they get to the QB a lot, and take the ball away. Their front 7 is a little banged up so JB's 30th worst time to throw may not be as bad vs the Panthers as originally thought. I still think they get to him, just not as much.

Rushing - Our 9th ranked rushing O vs their 30th ranked rushing D... Mack should hit 1000 this game unless they totally sell out to stop the run. 

Injury Impact - Injuries to the Panther's front 7 should make it easier on both Mack and JB. Colts have no new injuries on O to speak of.

The Bottom Line - Run the GD ball on O, and focus on McCaffrey on D. If you really want to win, don't get too cute with new passing game wrinkles. Let Mack hit 1000 and play possession ball. Give the home crowd a win to end the year on. Grier is a wild card. He was a gamer in college who was great with reads and progressions, but was a little risky at times and like to play hero ball. He can eat the underneath stuff up and can also go long with some nice touch. He might also find the stage too big and be an INT machine. 

Prediction - So long as Reich doesn't pull a Miami, we should run the ball and win somewhat comfortably. If Grier looks like the second coming, all bets are off if we can't rely on out running game to impose our will.

Colts 24 Panthers 13.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top Ten Bolded Blue

Bottom Ten Bolded Red

Injured Starters Bolded Green

Panthers Offense

19th in total yards per game 

18th in passing yards per game 

13th in total rushing yards per game 

16th in total points per game 

9th in Red Zone Offense % (2nd in last 3 games)

25th best in INTs thrown - new QB so not really relevant

30th best in sacks taken 

New QB -  in time to throw

Out - McGhin OL, 

Questionable  - Samuel WR (Knee),

Banged up  - Thomas TE (Back), Bonnafon RB (illness), 

VS

Colts Defense

16th in total yards per game allowed 

21st in passing yards allowed 

9th in rushing yards allowed 

17th in points per game allowed 

12th in Red Zone Defense % (25th in last 3)

14th best in INTs 

21st best in sacks 

22nd in blitz % (%)

23rd in total QB pressure % 

Out - Moore NB (Ankle), Wilson CB (shoulder), Autry DT (Conc)

Questionable  - Hooker S (hand),

Banged up  - Walker LB (hamstring)

Panthers Defense

26th in total yards per game allowed 

16th in passing yards allowed 

30th in rushing yards allowed 

31st in points per game allowed 

28th in Red Zone Defense % (13th last 3)

6th best in INTs 

2nd best in sacks 

19th in blitz % ()

8th in total QB pressure (%)

Out - Haynes LB/DE, Thomas LB, 

Questionable  - Butler DT

Banged up  - Addison LB/DE (shoulder), McCoy DT (Knee), Reid S (Shoulder)

VS

Colts Offense

24th in total yards per game 

27th in passing yards per game 

9th in total rushing yards per game 

19th in total points per game 

7th in Red Zone Offense % ()

12th best in INTs thrown 

8th best in sacks taken 

30th best time to throw

Out - none

Questionable  - none

Banged up  - none

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Stats farther below

Line: Colts -6.5

O/U: 46.5

Prediction %: Colts 70.2%

Quick Summary - Panthers O vs Colts D

Passing - Hard to say what the heck is going to happen here. Grier is starting for the first time vs a Colts passing D that will be missing it's first two options at nickel, and perhaps their starting FS. Grier does have some good options in Moore, McCaffrey, Samuel, and Olsen. Will Grier look like an all star vs our struggling and injured secondary. Will Eberflus's soft zone harden up for once?

Rushing - Panthers 13th rushing O vs the Colts 9th ranked rushing D. McCaffrey is always a handful in both phases, but you have to think we'll be OK vs their run.

Injury impact - Panthers are pretty healthy outside of Samuel being questionable. Our DBs injuries and the lack of Autry up front mike make it easy on Grier's coming out party. 

Quick Summary - Panthers D vs Colts O

Passing - Our 27th ranked passing O vs their 16th rated passing D. They also are ranked 2nd in sacks, and 6th in INTs. Panther's passing D definitely is not great, but they get to the QB a lot, and take the ball away. Their front 7 is a little banged up so JB's 30th worst time to throw may not be as bad vs the Panthers as originally thought. I still think they get to him, just not as much.

Rushing - Our 9th ranked rushing O vs their 30th ranked rushing D... Mack should hit 1000 this game unless they totally sell out to stop the run. 

Injury Impact - Injuries to the Panther's front 7 should make it easier on both Mack and JB. Colts have no new injuries on O to speak of.

The Bottom Line - Run the GD ball on O, and focus on McCaffrey on D. If you really want to win, don't get too cute with new passing game wrinkles. Let Mack hit 1000 and play possession ball. Give the home crowd a win to end the year on. Grier is a wild card. He was a gamer in college who was great with reads and progressions, but was a little risky at times and like to play hero ball. He can eat the underneath stuff up and can also go long with some nice touch. He might also find the stage too big and be an INT machine. 

Prediction - So long as Reich doesn't pull a Miami, we should run the ball and win somewhat comfortably. If Grier looks like the second coming, all bets are off if we can't rely on out running game to impose our will.

Colts 24 Panthers 13.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top Ten Bolded Blue

Bottom Ten Bolded Red

Injured Starters Bolded Green

Panthers Offense

19th in total yards per game 

18th in passing yards per game 

13th in total rushing yards per game 

16th in total points per game 

9th in Red Zone Offense % (2nd in last 3 games)

25th best in INTs thrown - new QB so not really relevant

30th best in sacks taken 

New QB -  in time to throw

Out - McGhin OL, 

Questionable  - Samuel WR (Knee),

Banged up  - Thomas TE (Back), Bonnafon RB (illness), 

VS

Colts Defense

16th in total yards per game allowed 

21st in passing yards allowed 

9th in rushing yards allowed 

17th in points per game allowed 

12th in Red Zone Defense % (25th in last 3)

14th best in INTs 

21st best in sacks 

22nd in blitz % (%)

23rd in total QB pressure % 

Out - Moore NB (Ankle), Wilson CB (shoulder), Autry DT (Conc)

Questionable  - Hooker S (hand),

Banged up  - Walker LB (hamstring)

Panthers Defense

26th in total yards per game allowed 

16th in passing yards allowed 

30th in rushing yards allowed 

31st in points per game allowed 

28th in Red Zone Defense % (13th last 3)

6th best in INTs 

2nd best in sacks 

19th in blitz % ()

8th in total QB pressure (%)

Out - Haynes LB/DE, Thomas LB, 

Questionable  - Butler DT

Banged up  - Addison LB/DE (shoulder), McCoy DT (Knee), Reid S (Shoulder)

VS

Colts Offense

24th in total yards per game 

27th in passing yards per game 

9th in total rushing yards per game 

19th in total points per game 

7th in Red Zone Offense % ()

12th best in INTs thrown 

8th best in sacks taken 

30th best time to throw

Out - none

Questionable  - none

Banged up  - none

Just wanted to say I appreciate your long, thoughtful posts on this forum. I know you put a lot of work into them!:thmup: 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Just wanted to say I appreciate your long, thoughtful posts on this forum. I know you put a lot of work into them!:thmup: 

Just now, MPStack said:

Sorry, but I’m stoked for this game. Anxious to see Reich’s plan. haha

I concur that @EastStreet does a lot for the Forum. 

Thank you both. It's stuff I've done for myself for a long time to edu-macate myself on the upcoming games, so might as well share. At minimum, folks can understand that my logic is not hot take based lol. Happy y'all find it useful. 

• Like 2

My prediction for this game is for it to be like the rest of our recent games against lesser teams.  We get multiple turnovers, we excel in a single stat, like rushing yards, we qualify for one of those "in NFL history, every team that combines these two stats wins 99% of the time", and still find a way to lose.