Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shadow_Creek

Marvin Lewis A Possible Future Head Coach

I believe next season will either make it or break it for Frank and if he decides to gamble by rolling the dice with Jacoby another year theirs a good chance hell be getting his walking papers real soon. That being said my choice for his replacement is none other than Lewis because despite his losing record in the post season he knows how to build a great offense and defense and also hes very great at coaching.

The same Marvin Lewis who coached for 15 seasons in Cincy and never won a playoff game, no thanks lmao . Frank deserves to be here, this has just been a strange season. 

6 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

I believe next season will either make it or break it for Frank and if he decides to gamble by rolling the dice with Jacoby another year theirs a good chance hell be getting his walking papers real soon. That being said my choice for his replacement is none other than Lewis because despite his losing record in the post season he knows how to build a great offense and defense and also hes very great at coaching.

hit bong GIF

3 minutes ago, MPStack said:

hit bong GIF

You are killing it with the meme's today 

1 minute ago, TheMiz said:

I didn't think joke threads were allowed?

Breath of fresh air today! Humor is a good thing.

I was thinking of someone slightly younger... like Moses. He could devise a scheme to part opposing defenses like the Red S~     Oh nevermind...

34 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Breath of fresh air today! Humor is a good thing.

Between this one, and the pro bowl thread, lots of chuckles.... 

45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I shouldn't laugh at this but I guess it is ok as long she is all right. That is bad haha 

Those guys need some real help on their technique. Either that, or the employee they were catching has been a B and they were just getting a little pay back.

1 hour ago, Shadow_Creek said:

Right now I would take almost anybody with an open mind instead of Rigid Reich and Bonehead Ballard.

IMO, there is zero chance that Irsay is even the slightest bit thinking about firing HCs or GMs, even if we go 0 and 16 next year.  There is zero chance Ballard is thinking about firing Reich.

lol @ Reich getting his walking papers after next season.  If that happens, I am a monkey’s uncle. 

Just crazy talk, imho. 

2 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

Are you insane?

Best part of this time of season is all the ideas and theories we come up with.

Irsay really outta just fire Ballard and poll us on who to draft, play, fire, etc.  

wonder how THAT would work out?

53 minutes ago, DougDew said:

IMO, there is zero chance that Irsay is even the slightest bit thinking about firing HCs or GMs, even if we go 0 and 16 next year.  There is zero chance Ballard is thinking about firing Reich.

Thankfully Irsay thinks long-term.  Unlike many of us who want things yesterday.

Some mistakes were made AND this roster was dealt some serious blows this year.  Roster blows to a VERY young team.
Except for two games, we rode the knife’s edge between winning and losing every game.  That catches up with you.

Bit to start thinking, as some are, of head coaching and gm changes, is just crazy.  Crazy. 

I can't believe how many people are upset with riech and Ballard? With all the injuries we have sustained and our franchise QB retiring right before the season and to still have the record we have... Spoiled fan base. 

2 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Thankfully Irsay thinks long-term.  Unlike many of us who want things yesterday.

Some mistakes were made AND this roster was dealt some serious blows this year.  Roster blows to a VERY young team.
Except for two games, we rode the knife’s edge between winning and losing every game.  That catches up with you.

Bit to start thinking, as some are, of head coaching and gm changes, is just crazy.  Crazy. 

when the team is regressing under their methods, fans will think get new people with different methods

19 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

when the team is regressing under their methods, fans will think get new people with different methods

Yes, okay, but to judge this season solely on record is being short-sighted.  

And have we really regressed? We had a young team overachieve last year.  We werent as good as our record which we found out against KC.

This year, well, i shouldnt have to explain this year from Luck, to Vinny, to the WRs, CBs...: lots of key injuries.

Anybody expecting us to pick up where Luck left off is nuts.

Realistically, we are at best , an 8-8 team.  Which, under the circumstances, imo, “aint that bad”.  I think because of the close games and the 5-2, we were thinking we were better.  Then the loss of Mack, Hilton, the rest of the WRs, some defensive guys, Our young promising rusher.... i mean, what did we really think was gonna happen?

Im giving this season a pass.  Too many gut punches, right from the (un) LUCK (y) one.

I think Reich tried to steady the ship.  Then the kicking issues started, then the injuries.  Now we have to change what we wanna do.

I can remember ALOT of bad years.  Especially thru the 80s, but i cant remember the number of “hits” a Colts team took in a year.  Just nuts.

I’ll regroup, much like the organization, and i’ll be teady with a new attitude come draft and camp time.

This team  will not go to the playoffs for awhile if you have an  inept head coach that does not prepare his team each Sunday to play. His play calling is vanilla, predictable. Need a QB and a head coach and possibly a GM as well.

Sometime the only choice you have is it the back button what a nonsensical post. Frank is a fantastic coachhe and Ballard work well together. It wasn't supposed to be a great season considering the one last year but number 12 bailed on the team therefore making Brissett the quarterback. Injuries kept adding up and I'm not really to say any of these pics from last year are busts. Louis needs to improve but we'll see what happens but it has to be with the same general manager and coach it's silly to think somebody else to take over

Marvin Lewis as HC and JB at QB for the foreseeable future. I am a diehard Colts fan...but that would certainly test my fandom. 

No way do I want Frank Reich replaced my Marvin Lewis! I'm not happy with this season either, but there are a lot of reactionary posts lately. I guess that's to be expected, but it seems like people could use some perspective. 

I don't want a coaching change, but even if I did, it certainly wouldn't be Marvin  Lewis. People are complaining about FR being too vanilla, but he's a mint chocolate chip with sprinkles compared to Marv Lewis. 

7 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

Right now I would take almost anybody with an open mind instead of Rigid Reich and Bonehead Ballard.

Please list your candidates so we can laugh at you even more.

Why are these "off season type" threads popping up during the season?

I know it's been a rough one but.............

jonah hill no GIF

if frank dont come to his senses and realize JB sucks he will become his own version of Lewis goin 8-8 or worse every year and never making the playoffs lmao

15 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

You can't be serious.  Marvin was a lousy coach.  

13 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

You don't watch football do you?

7 hours ago, LockeDown said:

Please list your candidates so we can laugh at you even more.

I'd pick Frank Kush over Marvin Lewis, and he's dead.