Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chloe6124

New wrinkles coming Sunday

That’s nice but it doesn’t matter if Jacoby is missing WRs as bad as he was Monday.  He has to put the ball on them.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Hmmm like maybe throwing the ball to open WRs? That sure would be noticeable 

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

At least he is trying some new things. Although a little to late.

Gonna add a wrinkle. Gonna have JB throw where no Colt is at knowing the ball will be off target anyway and increase the chances that the ball will accidentally find a colt receiver lmao

This does have me intrigued. Maybe they should go more no huddle where Jacoby doesn’t have time to think about things. I assume we will see more deep passes.  Just watch what they do will work and make Jacoby look great. Maybe we use some 4 WR sets.

Bring in Hoyer and split Jacoby out wide for a pass? Wait, that’s an old wrinkle that almost got Andrew killed last year. 

Panthers are the 3rd worst run D in the league.... And now you want to get cute in the passing game. Starting to wonder WTH Reich is doing.  RTDB... 

Panthers aren't great against the pass either, but they are better than some of the horrible teams we've played like HOU, TEN, OAK, ATL, TB, and Miami. 

26 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yes scoring more is the wrinkle I want 

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

running in place GIF

gotta give the little guy A for effort

11 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Gee, how about some new razzle dazzle. Watch out Panters were gonna do something new.

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Panthers are the 3rd worst run D in the league.... And now you want to get cute in the passing game. Starting to wonder WTH Reich is doing.  RTDB... 

Panthers aren't great against the pass either, but they are better than some of the horrible teams we've played like HOU, TEN, OAK, ATL, TB, and Miami. 

To be fair it says nothing about the passing game. Just talked about wrinkles. I am sure one of the goals Sunday is to get Mack to 1k yards. He should beable to get there Sunday. 

Edit holders tweet does mention passing game bye Reich did not in his press conference.

30 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This does have me intrigued. Maybe they should go more no huddle where Jacoby doesn’t have time to think about things. I assume we will see more deep passes.  Just watch what they do will work and make Jacoby look great. Maybe we use some 4 WR sets.

Wow.  You actually said not to give the qb time to think.  What an insult.

1 minute ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Wow.  You actually said not to give the qb time to think.  What an insult.

Come on you know what I meant. Maybe if he has less time to actually worry about things and just does it naturally it would help his come confidence and get him in rhythm.

please god dont let JB give the coaches and FO some false hope that he is actually good these 2 games last thing want is to be dragged down by JB longer than these 2 years :facepalm:

Good to know we are willing to add some new wrinkles and get creative AFTER we are eliminated.

I mean, trying these things to keep the other team off balance when we still had something to gain would have made no sense. 

“It’s a little too little, it’s a little too late”

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

please god dont let JB give the coaches and FO some false hope that he is actually good these 2 games last thing want is to be dragged down by JB longer than these 2 years :facepalm:

Seeing how JB has been struggling to complete 10 yard passes, I’m confident he and the offense will equally struggle  executing wrinkle plays. 

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

inspired war GIF

44 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

They did some 4 wide last week. And Reich talked about getting lined up and in and out of the huddle faster, so I could see some up tempo, spread stuff happening.

I'm definitely thinking more hurry up. Could they give JB more freedom to make changes at the line?  Audibles & hot route some receivers on 3rd down?

I partly expect them to have success because of the whole factor of the opposing team not having film on whatever supposed new wrinkles they are. Probably sounds cynical but whatever.

9 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Good to know we are willing to add some new wrinkles and get creative AFTER we are eliminated.

I mean, trying these things to keep the other team off balance when we still had something to gain would have made no sense. 

“It’s a little too little, it’s a little too late”

Right. Reich also mentioned how they had a spirited meeting today. Why wasn’t they done 5 or 6 weeks ago.

35 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

To be fair it says nothing about the passing game. Just talked about wrinkles. I am sure one of the goals Sunday is to get Mack to 1k yards. He should beable to get there Sunday. 

Edit holders tweet does mention passing game bye Reich did not in his press conference.

Regardless, we don't need new wrinkles in the running game this week... so that would be stupid too. The only reason running game struggles at times is because the Ds don't respect the pass. Being that they mentioned TY in the discussion, it would have to be the passing game.

Anyway, the whole thing, regardless of what it's about, is pretty silly at this point. Seems like a pretty weak attempt to get a disappointed fan base to forget about missing the playoffs.

There is nothing silly about trying new things. Maybe they come across something that fits Jacobys abilities better. If he has to start next season and they figure something out these last two games the better off they are.

25 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Maybe run wildcat with Mack or Hines. Maybe improve our passing attack by having them throw from the wildcat formation.

About time for another shovel pass.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

At this point, I hope it is Jacoby pitching the ball to Pascal to throw.

2 minutes ago, bhougland said:

At this point, I hope it is Jacoby pitching the ball to Pascal to throw.

Won’t surprise me if we see that again.