Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Something is not right here

love the shoe

I still think there are things going on behind the scenes in colts brass . Letting Jacoby finish this thing out is strange to me. We all know he is regressing not getting better

I am still not so sure luck isnt just taking a year off. Playing your backup makes sense to me if this is the case.  Otherwise is it not time to evaluate some other guys? This money thing is just strange for me to understand paying millions you dnt have to thoughts?. 

1 minute ago, Flash7 said:

I think it's as simple as: They think JB provides the best option at QB, regardless of what we think about Chad Kelly.

Given the two sets: Coaches/ GM or fans, who would have the best data to make a decision for the team? Now, whether we understand it or agree with it is another story.

100% Agree

20 minutes ago, love the shoe said:

I still think there are things going on behind the scenes in colts brass . Letting Jacoby finish this thing out is strange to me. We all know he is regressing not getting better

I am still not so sure luck isnt just taking a year off. Playing your backup makes sense to me if this is the case.  Otherwise is it not time to evaluate some other guys? This money thing is just strange for me to understand paying millions you dnt have to thoughts?. 

its all a giant conspiracy.  Luck's retirement was a ruse to allow him to seek experimental and top secret total body titanium upgrades. He's gonna unretire in January, so they don't need to evaluate any other QBs. This ensures a top 12 draft pick, for which Ballard will turn into 3 top 10 draft picks next year. Making the Colts a super team with a cyborg at QB that cannot be hurt, tired and have a 100% completion rate on 90 yard throws.

• Like 3

I wonder if Irsay is calling the shots here. They paid JB and Hoyer and do not want to look bad on their decision. I am really starting to worry about their talent evaluation of players. This is the first time in 50 years of watching the colts that I saw the team quit!

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

its all a giant conspiracy.  Luck's retirement was a ruse to allow him to seek experimental and top secret total body titanium upgrades. He's gonna unretire in January, so they don't need to evaluate any other QBs. This ensures a top 12 draft pick, for which Ballard will turn into 3 top 10 draft picks next year. Making the Colts a super team with a cyborg at QB that cannot be hurt, tired and have a 100% completion rate on 90 yard throws.

Totally agree! ;)

But who are these receivers catching 90-yard bombs?

16 minutes ago, love the shoe said:

Good questions I suppose. While I don't believe that Luck is coming back to play, it is plausible that Luck just took the year off to be with his new wife and new baby and to enjoy a few of those milestones that can never be regained. 

As for the why is JB playing over evaluating the other guys in a lost season, great question. I am on board with seeing how Kelly could react and play in the live games against real nfl talent, if nothing more than to see is the kid worthy of a roster spot over either JB or Hoyer. Perhaps he is, the public isn't going to get to see it this year unless both JB and Hoyer are injured. The flip side of the coin in allowing JB to finish the season is to study JB to the end. I am not sure what "little things" the team is referring to when it comes to adjustments and saying that JB is going to be the man but it's in their evaluation process of do we keep flogging this dog into next year or cut bait and run before he has any roster bonuses due etc...

I would like to think that Luck just needed the season off to get his mind, body and family life right but I just can't imagine it happening. Perhaps we can look back at this post of yours in the spring and say, dang, your gut feeling had something to it. Until then, the fan base is just left to hang out and dry. Will we have any further success or was the CB and Reich show only successful because of Luck or was JB so awful that even a well stocked and rounded team couldn't overcome such pathetic play from JB. I guess we will figure out the plan in April.

I answered this question on another thread... as a possibility

They may be taking the time to fully evaluate JB as a Colt.

They can save 9M of the contract if they cut him after the season

In my book...... I am completely soured on JB as an NFL player

If you arent a starter in the NFL, you HAD BETTER be a clipboard holder that is working your way UP to be a later starter.  That doesnt appear to be JB (At least to me, now)

Other than that....... You gotta go

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Totally agree! ;)

But who are these receivers catching 90-yard bombs?

with the cyborg Luck, doesn't matter. The balls get a missile lock feature the moment they touch his hands, so it locks onto the receivers hands and results in a catch no matter what.  Even Dewayne Allen can't drop them. And they have a cloaking device that renders pass defenses useless.

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It is possible but how many wr's will we go through during a season of 90 yard go routes? I would spend my money on titanium plates for my cyborg receivers instead of the QB. lol

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

with the cyborg Luck, doesn't matter. The balls get a missile lock feature the moment they touch his hands, so it locks onto the receivers hands and results in a catch no matter what.  Even Dewayne Allen can't drop them. And they have a cloaking device that renders pass defenses useless.

Sweet. I'm on Board. 2020.....Championship!

9 minutes ago, #12. said:

They should at least have Kelly active.  If Brissett is terrible, throws INTs, you could still give him a chance.  

Right, if but if Kelly is deactive, then the team can't be criticized for not making a switch, if JB falters during the game. Expect Kelly to be inactive this week for sure.

• Like 1

This season is lost anyway, just let him finish it out.

Plus, why would you announce to the league prior to the draft and FA that we need a QB? 

If they do draft a QB, it's best to keep pushing the 'JB is our man' narrative.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, IinD said:

If he's good, he'll beat out the competition next year.

I wouldn't tip my hand at all. 

But this is the regular season.

If they wait for next season, they still will not know what Kelly could do in a real game.

It will be all those preseason games and practices which prove nothing.

Besides, no team believes that rhetoric... that the Colts are 100% sold on Brissett, and won't be at least looking at prospective QBs (either draft or FA)

This is the best time to see what we actually got. Not a time to worry about how we will disguise our draft needs.

No one can convince me otherwise, that the front office is simply trying to save face, and refuse to play Kelly, because if they did, he may possibly outperform JB.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

All the more reason to try Kelly, We know what Brissett can do...

Maybe Kelly would spark the team?

At this point, there's no need for a spark. I'm not saying to tank, I'll never say that. But sad to say, winning now wont help any

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

It is possible but how many wr's will we go through during a season of 90 yard go routes? I would spend my money on titanium plates for my cyborg receivers instead of the QB. lol

wont matter with the heat seeking cyborg controlled foot balls. 

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

At this point, there's no need for a spark. I'm not saying to tank, I'll never say that. But sad to say, winning now wont help any

Not only spark the team, but the fan base as well.

Do you think the fans would be more excited heading into the game VS Carolina if the QB was announced as Kelly? Or Brissett?

Don't you believe there would be at least a bit more interest in the crappy game we have to look forward to this Sunday? Especially for the fans with tickets going to the stadium?

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

Not only spark the team, but the fan base as well.

Do you think the fans would be more excited heading the game VS Carolina if the QB was announced as Kelly? Or Brissett?

Don't you believe there would be at least a bit more interest in the crappy game we have to look forward to this Sunday? Especially for the fans with tickets going to the stadium?

Being knocked out of a play off run, short of Luck coming back, I don't see fans getting sparked at all. And Luck ain't coming back

Just now, csmopar said:

Being knocked out of a play off run, short of Luck coming back, I don't see fans getting sparked at all. And Luck ain't coming back

Well. ok.

But personally, I know I would like to see what Kelly could do.

I don't have a ticket, but I will be watching on tv.

and I would have a lot more interest if CK was playing

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

But this is the regular season.

If they wait for next season, they still will not know what Kelly could do in a real game.

It will be all those preseason games and practices which prove nothing.

Besides, no team believes that rhetoric... that the Colts are 100% sold on Brissett, and won't be at least looking at perspective QBs (either draft or FA)

This is the best time to see what we actually got. Not a time to worry about how we will disguise our draft needs.

No one can convince me otherwise, that the front office is simply trying to save face, and refuse to play Kelly for fear he may possibly outperform JB.

Chuckle. Like it would be hard to out perform Brissett. 
 There are some KNOWNS about Kelly's on field abilities that could easily allow him to show very interesting potential. How has he been in the classroom? Don't know myself but They do. 
 He is being protected on the 53 and that tells me that more time proving his character is what is most important going forward. And i have to believe they see him as having the skills to be our #2 next year if he stays on track and keeps working hard for it. Whether he gets PT now or not.

18 minutes ago, IinD said:

This season is lost anyway, just let him finish it out.

Plus, why would you announce to the league prior to the draft and FA that we need a QB? 

If they do draft a QB, it's best to keep pushing the 'JB is our man' narrative.

This is the take that makes most sense to me from a front office point of view.  I would rather see Kelly get his chance to play but I can see them sticking with the 'JB is our QB' stance.  It looks like they want to continue to evaluate JB.  Now coach said they might do some tweaking with the active roster to see some younger players.  That should open the door for Kelly to be active game day.  That would make sense to me as well.  So we shall see.  I'm still hoping we get a chance to see Kelly play again this year.  

• Like 1

As much as I want another QB, Reich is loyal to his players regardless if they are performing or not as you have witnessed on the AV situation.  This approach by Reich isn't going well with the fans as I see it and it's going to bite him the rear.  This is a business where you're getting paid to win games and playoffs and eventually to the Superbowl, unfortunately he is not approaching that way.  So, Colt fans, as long as Reich is the HC, forget playoffs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

This is the take that makes most sense to me from a front office point of view.  I would rather see Kelly get his chance to play but I can see them sticking with the 'JB is our QB' stance.  It looks like they want to continue to evaluate JB.  Now coach said they might do some tweaking with the active roster to see some younger players.  That should open the door for Kelly to be active game day.  That would make sense to me as well.  So we shall see.  I'm still hoping we get a chance to see Kelly play again this year.  

Right. But seriously, does it have to be this big of a deal?

I mean teams bench crappy quarterbacks all the time. It happens every year to many QBs.

Just have Kelly active. If Jacoby stinks again, then pull the plug.

This evaluating, development and tweaking line is bull.

1 minute ago, Thunderbolt said:

As much as I want another QB, Reich is loyal to his players regardless if they are performing or not as you have witnessed on the AV situation.  This approach by Reich isn't going well with the fans as I see it and it's going to bite him the rear.  This is a business where you're getting paid to win games and playoffs and eventually to the Superbowl, unfortunately he is not approaching that way.  So, Colt fans, as long as Reich is the HC, forget playoffs.

dude... He's already made the playoffs. and went 1-1. this is the first time he's missed the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Right. But seriously, does it have to be this big of a deal?

I mean teams bench crappy quarterbacks all the time. It happens every year to many QBs.

Just have Kelly active. If Jacoby stinks again, then pull the plug.

This evaluating, development and tweaking is bull.

my guess is sometime in the second half of the Jags game, you will see Kelly. Just because Brissett is still the starter, doesn't mean they won't test Kelly at some point.

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

my guess is sometime in the second half of the Jags game, you will see Kelly. Just because Brissett is still the starter, doesn't mean they won't test Kelly at some point.

I couldn't disagree more. The Colts past practices are clear. No way does Jacoby not finish the year taking every snap.

edit. Unless he gets some mysterious injury (vinatieri) and goes off hurt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

collection mind blown GIF

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I think you might be on to something.

17 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I couldn't disagree more. The Colts past practices are clear. No way does Jacoby not finish the year taking every snap.

edit. Unless he gets some mysterious injury (vinatieri) and goes off hurt.

Completely agree.  I work as a consultant in my day job and deal with upper management all day.  This screams if pushing a false narrative and not wanting to ruin the facade.  This was also what they did with Vinny.  

26 minutes ago, csmopar said:

dude... He's already made the playoffs. and went 1-1. this is the first time he's missed the playoffs.

@Thunderbolt means without Luck (who any HC could make the playoffs with on this team) we aren't making it with Reich as coach. As long as Reich coaches like this and continues his philosophies, that's probably 100% true.

1 hour ago, Flash7 said:

I think it's as simple as: They think JB provides the best option at QB, regardless of what we think about Chad Kelly.

Given the two sets: Coaches/ GM or fans, who would have the best data to make a decision for the team? Now, whether we understand it or agree with it is another story.

That's why they are *.

I think the only way Kelly plays is if JB gets hurt/goes on IR. I actually thought this might happen by now...as a way to protect JB...but instead they sent him out to get embarassed on MNF.

But I don't see a scenario where both Ballard and Reich are going to admit failure on this (and throw JB under the bus)..at least not during the season. In the offseason, they can better control the narrative when they show a clear plan for QB. 

1 hour ago, Thunderbolt said:

I think Ballard and Irsay would have something to say for certain. Ridiculous to think Reich has free reign till he takes them down the drain. Won't happen.

4 hours ago, BigO said:

I wonder if Irsay is calling the shots here. They paid JB and Hoyer and do not want to look bad on their decision. I am really starting to worry about their talent evaluation of players. This is the first time in 50 years of watching the colts that I saw the team quit!

We're you in a coma in the 80s and most of the 90s?

4 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

All the more reason to try Kelly, We know what Brissett can do...

Maybe Kelly would spark the team?

Not even spark them as much just seeing what you have in him.  I remember the Colts were in similar position in 94 and they started Browning Nagle in the last game just to see what they had in him even though they had just signed Jim Harbaugh that season to be their starter.  It’s ok to see what you do or dont have in Kelly.  As you pointed out they better know what they have in Brissett by now or else they can’t coach.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1