Indianapolis Colts
Trace Pyott

Silly question (for fun)

I know this isn’t going to happen but I was curious what you guys would think about this. What if by miracle you knew that we were for sure going to keep trotting JB out there next year to start,but Peyton comes out in a press conference and says he’s been working his butt off and wants to play one more year as a colt.  Who would you rather start for the colts next year in this totally fictional and unlikely scenario? Also keep in mind to make this fun, in this thought experiment we aren’t sucking for draft picks we are trying to at least be competitive.  Would you rather have one more year of ancient Peyton or another most likely mediocre year of JB?  

To tell you the truth I would choose Peyton and it’s not even close. Who knows maybe somehow the dude still has some magic up his sleeve. Brady isn’t much older and Peyton wasn’t ever the most physically gifted guy. Peyton often beat people with his superior intellect and knowledge of The game. I think my decision is based mostly in my respect and admiration for #18 than any hostility for JB even though I think JB isn’t that great. I honestly think if Peyton was in shape he could still be pretty darn good. 

Please if you are going to complain about how dumb this thread is don’t waste your time. It’s been a rough season with not much good to talk about so I figured I would sort of change the subject and make a fun discussion.  I know this thread is pointless and silly I’m just curious how everyone else feels about this. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

doubt hes in football shape.  if somehow he is then sure i guess

Brady is a free agent too, should we go all in?

Of course, maybe Peyton could make an old man training video and threaten Luck with it.  You come back or I'm gonna.  

Guys don’t take this too seriously and don’t think too hard on this. Let’s say he’s hired the top of the line conditioning coach and he’s in great football shape FOR HIS AGE.  Don’t worry about could he get in shape or anything like that.

I don't think the conditioning would matter much.  His arm was shot.  It's like a pitcher - when it goes, it goes.

Peyton for certain.   Brissett makes this choice pretty easy though.  I'm sure Reich would love to have a coach on the field.

Brissett.  I want to move into the future. If he's not our guy then we find someone else.

• Like 1

Hell give me Peyton all the way man!! I'm sure with our O line he could still dink and dunk it all the way down the field. plus even at his age I believe he could still hit a RB wide open on a 3 or 4 yard pass unlike JB. 

• Haha 1

I'd go with Brissett, let Peyton back him up, if Brissett hasn't improved by game 3, put Peyton in

• Like 1

On 12/18/2019 at 10:09 AM, csmopar said:

I'd go with Brissett, let Peyton back him up, if Brissett hasn't improved by game 3, put Peyton in

Only way Peyton would be JBs backup is if for some reason he can only throw left handed. And even then I still might start Peyton. 

• Haha 1

Peyton has been awfully busy building that new stadium in Peytonville. I'm going with JB.

Lol!  Silly answer.  If that happens then QB Kelly would be demoted to the PS and the Forum would go nuts!

• Haha 1

On 12/18/2019 at 8:45 AM, Trace Pyott said:

I know this isn’t going to happen but I was curious what you guys would think about this. What if by miracle you knew that we were for sure going to keep trotting JB out there next year to start,but Peyton comes out in a press conference and says he’s been working his butt off and wants to play one more year as a colt.  Who would you rather start for the colts next year in this totally fictional and unlikely scenario? Also keep in mind to make this fun, in this thought experiment we aren’t sucking for draft picks we are trying to at least be competitive.  Would you rather have one more year of ancient Peyton or another most likely mediocre year of JB?  

To tell you the truth I would choose Peyton and it’s not even close. Who knows maybe somehow the dude still has some magic up his sleeve. Brady isn’t much older and Peyton wasn’t ever the most physically gifted guy. Peyton often beat people with his superior intellect and knowledge of The game. I think my decision is based mostly in my respect and admiration for #18 than any hostility for JB even though I think JB isn’t that great. I honestly think if Peyton was in shape he could still be pretty darn good. 

Please if you are going to complain about how dumb this thread is don’t waste your time. It’s been a rough season with not much good to talk about so I figured I would sort of change the subject and make a fun discussion.  I know this thread is pointless and silly I’m just curious how everyone else feels about this. 

I guess the community moderator didn't read your post. No sense of humor? I believe Manning could best JB if he was in a wheel chair. Do you know why Brissett turned down a part on star trek? He couldn't pass in the future either.