Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Silly question (for fun)

Trace Pyott

I know this isn’t going to happen but I was curious what you guys would think about this. What if by miracle you knew that we were for sure going to keep trotting JB out there next year to start,but Peyton comes out in a press conference and says he’s been working his butt off and wants to play one more year as a colt.  Who would you rather start for the colts next year in this totally fictional and unlikely scenario? Also keep in mind to make this fun, in this thought experiment we aren’t sucking for draft picks we are trying to at least be competitive.  Would you rather have one more year of ancient Peyton or another most likely mediocre year of JB?  

To tell you the truth I would choose Peyton and it’s not even close. Who knows maybe somehow the dude still has some magic up his sleeve. Brady isn’t much older and Peyton wasn’t ever the most physically gifted guy. Peyton often beat people with his superior intellect and knowledge of The game. I think my decision is based mostly in my respect and admiration for #18 than any hostility for JB even though I think JB isn’t that great. I honestly think if Peyton was in shape he could still be pretty darn good. 

Please if you are going to complain about how dumb this thread is don’t waste your time. It’s been a rough season with not much good to talk about so I figured I would sort of change the subject and make a fun discussion.  I know this thread is pointless and silly I’m just curious how everyone else feels about this. 

• Like 2

On 12/18/2019 at 8:45 AM, Trace Pyott said:

I know this isn’t going to happen but I was curious what you guys would think about this. What if by miracle you knew that we were for sure going to keep trotting JB out there next year to start,but Peyton comes out in a press conference and says he’s been working his butt off and wants to play one more year as a colt.  Who would you rather start for the colts next year in this totally fictional and unlikely scenario? Also keep in mind to make this fun, in this thought experiment we aren’t sucking for draft picks we are trying to at least be competitive.  Would you rather have one more year of ancient Peyton or another most likely mediocre year of JB?  

To tell you the truth I would choose Peyton and it’s not even close. Who knows maybe somehow the dude still has some magic up his sleeve. Brady isn’t much older and Peyton wasn’t ever the most physically gifted guy. Peyton often beat people with his superior intellect and knowledge of The game. I think my decision is based mostly in my respect and admiration for #18 than any hostility for JB even though I think JB isn’t that great. I honestly think if Peyton was in shape he could still be pretty darn good. 

Please if you are going to complain about how dumb this thread is don’t waste your time. It’s been a rough season with not much good to talk about so I figured I would sort of change the subject and make a fun discussion.  I know this thread is pointless and silly I’m just curious how everyone else feels about this. 

I guess the community moderator didn't read your post. No sense of humor? I believe Manning could best JB if he was in a wheel chair. Do you know why Brissett turned down a part on star trek? He couldn't pass in the future either.