Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's the odds Luck un-retires?

ColtJax

I couldn't say what the odds are, but I wouldn't be shocked if it happened.  I was completely shocked when he retired, but if I got an update saying he was returning, it wouldn't be shocking.

This is a special case.  The guy retired 3 months ago at age 29 with no major health issues.  If he wants to play, he'll play, and he certainly wouldn't be the first athlete to retire and then decide to return.

• Like 1

I am going to say it is 50/50. Still not great odds but there is a shot. Irsay has treated Luck like a king, after having a year off Luck may feel like he is 21 again, and playing Mr Mom has to get old after a while lmao . Luck is no * and he knows this team with him would've been 11-5 at worse even with the WR core being banged up.

• Like 2

There's always a chance.  In this case, I'd say 10%-just throwing that out there.

I think that Manning was a genius QB.  Luck is a genius who happens to have been a QB.  I don't think he had the love for the game that Peyton had.  Both are great QB's but I think Andrew's love for the game began to diminish due to the injuries and a change in direction in his life, fatherhood.   Luck weighed his misery being on IR and dealing with rehab, probably wondering when his next injury would be. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am going to say it is 50/50. Still not great odds but there is a shot. Irsay has treated Luck like a king, after having a year off Luck may feel like he is 21 again, and playing Mr Mom has to get old after a while lmao . Luck is no * and he knows this team with him would've been 11-5 at worse even with the WR core being banged up.

I think there is a 50/50 chance he comes back.  For all the reasons you mentioned and also because Irsay didn't ask for any of the money back.  Luck strikes me as a high character guy and I think he would start to feel guilty for taking all of it and not really earning it.  Seeing what happened this year I have a feeling that fact is not sitting well with him and he's feeling responsible along with feeling bad for his teammates and Irsay.   He just might decide to come back and try to make things right.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I think there is a 50/50 chance he comes back.  For all the reasons you mentioned and also because Irsay didn't ask for any of the money back.  Luck strikes me as a high character guy and I think he would start to feel guilty for taking all of it and not really earning it.  Seeing what happened this year I have a feeling that fact is not sitting well with him and he's feeling responsible along with feeling bad for his teammates and Irsay.   He just might decide to come back and try to make things right.

I agree. 

I have had a feeling it could happen. He can’t be happy how it happened. Now saying that does Ballard  call and ask him if he wants to come back or do they let Luck come to them. Kevin Bowen said they should call him and just make small talk. Let him say he wants to come back. If he could come back just to finish his contract and we draft a QB that would be the best  Scenerio. I would bet if he does want to come back it happens pretty quick after the season.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I have had a feeling it could happen. He can’t be happy how it happened. Now saying that does Ballard  call and ask him if he wants to come back or do they let Luck come to them. Kevin Bowen said they should call him and just make small talk. Let him say he wants to come back. If he could come back just to finish his contract and we draft a QB that would be the best  Scenerio. I would bet if he does want to come back it happens pretty quick after the season.

If Luck did come back this Forum would go through the roof with happiness. That would be similar to Jordan coming back to the Bulls.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lef said:

Haven’t heard any reports of him working out and keeping in football shape. Would have expected that if he had thoughts of potentially coming back. 

I mean to be fair the only reports about him right now is his kid was born. Other than that it's been pretty quiet. 

Although I do think it would be funny if he comes back and Ebron doesn't resign. That would be how it goes. Lol 

Just when Luck is feeling mentally,  and physically the best he has in years he will reflect that walking away from the game is the reason he feels so good.    He’s a smart guy.  100% chance the thought has crossed his mind.  Also 100% chance as soon as it did he remembers why he left and it’s over.  Unfortunately Luck looks at NFL football as a darker chapter in his life.  There’s no shaking that ultimate feeling. 

I’m with the group that would have a hard time trusting him if he did.  The future is not as bleak as last night would have us believe.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is more of the level of excitement I am talking about. Knowing a franchise QB would be back on the team. Of course Luck wasn't on Jordan's level but he was still great at times. 

I'd be happy, but still have some concerns in my gut. 

It wouldn't be total freak out happy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GwinnettColt said:

There's always a chance.  In this case, I'd say 10%-just throwing that out there.

I think that Manning was a genius QB.  Luck is a genius who happens to have been a QB.  I don't think he had the love for the game that Peyton had.  Both are great QB's but I think Andrew's love for the game began to diminish due to the injuries and a change in direction in his life, fatherhood.   Luck weighed his misery being on IR and dealing with rehab, probably wondering when his next injury would be. 

I disagree he loved the game injuries and playing on a trash team took that love and joy from him even if he had stayed his head and heart wouldn't have been all in so we wouldn't have been any better even with him than the bum we are all stuck with now.

If he does come back it wont be to play for us.

1 hour ago, ArmchairQB said:

Just when Luck is feeling mentally,  and physically the best he has in years he will reflect that walking away from the game is the reason he feels so good.    He’s a smart guy.  100% chance the thought has crossed his mind.  Also 100% chance as soon as it did he remembers why he left and it’s over.  Unfortunately Luck looks at NFL football as a darker chapter in his life.  There’s no shaking that ultimate feeling. 

I’m with the group that would have a hard time trusting him if he did.  The future is not as bleak as last night would have us believe.

It is if we are still stuck with Jacoby next year he is terrible.