Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jordan Love charged with possession of marijuana

Actually this could help the colts if he drops to the second round. We can get our stud on defense and take him with the Washington pick. Would ballard still take a chance on him,   This is a big deal because this will get you suspended in the NFL. If your doing stuff like this that can get you suspended you can’t be the franchise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Well, that's less than ideal... it always amazes me how many stupid decisions those kids make and jeopardize multi-million dollar careers. 

Yeah it’s not that he did it. Your about ready to go in the NFL why would he want this to put a cloud around him and his decision making. Stupid decision.

• Like 1

at the very least thIs shows very poor judgment. Love should know that everyone is looking at him leading into the biggest job interview of his life. That is always the one thing I don’t completely understand. If you know people are going to be looking closely at you for a multi million dollar opportunity you should be smart enough to not put yourself in this position. This goes extra for a possible future franchise First round quarterback.

The consequences could really hurt him also. Hypothetically let’s say he is suspended for the bowl game and can’t play. That is one less evaluation that he gets. Then let’s say they pull his senior bowl invite. There goes another opportunity to elevate his stock. This could maybe not hurt him at all but it could also hurt him a lot. 

one other question. Name me a franchise qb that has this kinda thing hanging over him headed into the draft. (I know Baker Mayfield has the arrest video, so name me another because we also know he has shown to be very immature). 

• Like 1

Just now, buccolts said:

So, when he misses open receivers what are our thoughts? 

1. He’s only been a starter going on 2 years

2. His knees hurt

3. The injuries to the WR’s

4. The WR’s aren’t very good

5. Need to draft Ceede Lamb cuz that will make him better 

6. He needs more weapons

7. It’s Frank’s fault

8. He’s still “developing”

9. Hoyer sucks

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MPStack said:

1. He’s only been a starter going on 2 years

2. His knees hurt

3. The injuries to the WR’s

4. The WR’s aren’t very good

5. Need to draft Ceede Lamb cuz that will make him better 

6. He needs more weapons

7. It’s Frank’s fault

8. He’s still “developing”

9. Hoyer sucks

Not that he's high?

:)

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

It really does show bad decision making. As a franchise QB that is very important. Your about ready to get drafted pretty high. You should never put yourself in situations like this that might put your decision making in question. If this was any other position it wouldn’t matter as much.

Totally agree. I personally don't care about weed but someone makes this poor of a choice is that someone a team should look at as their franchise quarterback?

I recently read a book Bruce Arians wrote. In it he spoke about the importance of giving guys second chances (Tyrann Mathieu) but also stressed the importance of what's between the ears of the quarterback. I'm not thinking Jordan Love is a terrible person/teammate because of this but this is an example of some really bad judgment. Franchise quarterback and bad judgment do not go together.

• Like 1

Just to get the opinions of @stitches/ Others who would stand on the table for Jordan Love:

Does this news do anything when it comes to how you view Love (i.e. does he go down in your QB/player rankings or remain where he is?)

Because for me, I like Love but I would prefer to draft him in with the Redskins pick/ trade back into the 1st round for him and get a DT with our first pick and I feel like this news may consolidate this idea and I just wanted to get the thoughts of others who really like Love.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Meh. It's no bigger deal than underage drinking IMO. Utah has been trying to legalize (recreational) for a while an already OK'd it for medical. Sure it was stupid given the timing, but a meh nonetheless.

Problem is who's to say he won't do it in the pro's which would get him suspended. I personally don't think what he did is that bad but it is a bad look and a concern moving forward IMO.

2 hours ago, ar7 said:

Totally agree. I personally don't care about weed but someone makes this poor of a choice is that someone a team should look at as their franchise quarterback?

I recently read a book Bruce Arians wrote. In it he spoke about the importance of giving guys second chances (Tyrann Mathieu) but also stressed the importance of what's between the ears of the quarterback. I'm not thinking Jordan Love is a terrible person/teammate because of this but this is an example of some really bad judgment. Franchise quarterback and bad judgment do not go together.

Here is the quote from Love’s attorney:

Love’s attorney, Skye Lazaro, issued a statement via email to The Salt Lake Tribune regarding the incident.
“Contrary to initial reports Jordan Love was not arrested for any offense, but simply cited by the officer for a low-level misdemeanor possession charge," Lazaro said. "Based on the information available at this time, there was no marijuana or other illegal substances recovered at the scene. Jordan maintains his innocence and is confident he will be exonerated as this matter progresses through the judicial process.”

I understand attorneys have to argue in defense of the player, but if you look at the report, the  Logan, Utah police smelt weed after getting a complaint and charged everyone in the room they thought the smell had come from. I am a HUGE Utah State fan so I am hoping it was just a being in the wrong place at the wrong time kind of situation. I did not think he would be the type to do something like this at one of the most important points in his life. He has not had any previous drug or law issues, so I am hoping things get sorted out.

Just now, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Correct but those 99% aren’t looking to land a multimillion dollar job and be the face of a Franchise. He can’t be one of the guys. He must be better than that. 

No, but they are our doctors, lawyers, and politicians. The people that really matter lol.... 

And yet we hold FB players to some silly standard because of the shield... give me a break. talk about back assward

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

No, but they are our doctors, lawyers, and politicians. The people that really matter lol.... 

And yet we hold FB players to some silly standard because of the shield... give me a break. talk about back assward

You won’t get an argument out of me on that. But when a team is gonna pay you 120 million dollars to play a game. Just make good choices and stay away from the weed. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

My guess this won’t even be a issue by the time the combine rolls around. Especially if he does well in interviews and the whiteboard.

Yup. And innocent until proven guilty.

It sounds like he was just in an apartment where the smoking happened. Still stupid, but I don't see it having a major impact so long as everything else is fine.

23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

And why is that? 

I had my suspicions.  Certain things just didn't add up based upon the way I see things.  I'd have to undo decades of the cover-up type of education you've likely received before you'd see what I see, and that type of re-education isn't appropriate for a football forum.

16 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I had my suspicions.  Certain things just didn't add up based upon the way I see things.  I'd have to undo decades of the cover-up type of education you've likely received before you'd see what I see, and that type of re-education isn't appropriate for a football forum.

I'm almost embarrassed for you...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. And innocent until proven guilty.

It sounds like he was just in an apartment where the smoking happened. Still stupid, but I don't see it having a major impact so long as everything else is fine.

The story says they got a warrant to get a urine test and they all tested positive. What makes the story crazier is both his parents are cops.