Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

29 of 30 REALLY!!!!!!!

Tombstone

To do that against a first string defense in the NFL wow!!!!  What was the one he missed on.  McFarland last night mentioned that Ballard realized the need for a good 3 tech DT for the type of zone defense the Colts play.  

I guess the good news is with the Colts record now they will be in the middle of the pack come draft night.... along with the cap salary this could be a good defense next year.  Ballard has his work cut out for him next year and wish him well.  The pressure will be on him thats for sure, especially on what he will do with the cap money....

37 minutes ago, Tombstone said:

To do that against a first string defense in the NFL wow!!!!  What was the one he missed on.  McFarland last night mentioned that Ballard realized the need for a good 3 tech DT for the type of zone defense the Colts play.  

I guess the good news is with the Colts record now they will be in the middle of the pack come draft night.... along with the cap salary this could be a good defense next year.  Ballard has his work cut out for him next year and wish him well.  The pressure will be on him thats for sure, especially on what he will do with the cap money....

The need started when Al Woods was released. I get it because of age. He should’ve  gotten his replacement in the last draft with all the 2 second round picks he had. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

That's impressive #s for a college qb throwing in his pro day against the  air.  In an NFL game it should b an impossible task.

Breese had too many targets out there floating around. He had one of those nites where he was in a groove and could not miss. Mix that with your offense being next to nothing, defense is tired and probably discouraged. I tried to follow the game on the team blog. All I ever read was Brissett incomplete, Breese 20 yards here and 20 yards there. I sure hope Reich isn't satisfied with his present personel.

32-39 

31-35

28-44

29-30

12 Touchdowns.

Last 4 times we've played Drew Brees. Take out the one year in 2015 and he has as many TD's as he does incompletions. 

Lol are we really sure we like this dude?:lol:

2005 spoils our perfect season

2010 spoils superbowl

2018 takes a PM record

2019 takes a PM record

2019 helps take a MH record 

• Like 1

The 29 of 30 the Colts defense is not to blame for that. I place that on Jacoby alone. No NFL defense can withstand the pressure Jacoby has put this defense under. Let me explain during the NFL combine in February. The linemen are doing the bench press. During the first 20 those guys are benching pretty fast (normal circumstances). When they get to 30 reps they slow down. If they can make it to 40 they are straining and struggling, because they are tired. If they don’t quit this is when injuries occur (not normal circumstances). This is exactly what is happening to the Colts Defense. Who stopping Drew Brees? He dropped 46 last week. But when you have a 6 minute drive, 7 and 8 minute drive. And your QB1 is three and out, repeatedly your defense is in (not normal circumstances). The results are what happened last night. 
This defense doesn’t have time to look at a play diagrams, much less to get a drink of water before they’re having to go back into the game. Because the play of QB1 is not good at all. Is he hurt? Or is he not able to get it done? I don’t know but something up.

This draft get QB1 and WR1 right. I don’t care if they have to give the whole draft away. Please get those two positions right. Because as you can see value picks (undrafted free agents, 6th and 7th rounders) in those two positions most of the time especially in Indy will get you embarrassed in this league 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JR Indy said:

The 29 of 30 the Colts defense is not to blame for that. I place that on Jacoby alone. No NFL defense can withstand the pressure Jacoby has put this defense under. Let me explain during the NFL combine in February. The linemen are doing the bench press. During the first 20 those guys are benching pretty fast (normal circumstances). When they get to 30 reps they slow down. If they can make it to 40 they are straining and struggling, because they are tired. If they don’t quit this is when injuries occur (not normal circumstances). This is exactly what is happening to the Colts Defense. Who stopping Drew Brees? He dropped 46 last week. But when you have a 6 minute drive, 7 and 8 minute drive. And your QB1 is three and out, repeatedly your defense is in (not normal circumstances). The results are what happened last night. 
This defense doesn’t have time to look at a play diagrams, much less to get a drink of water before they’re having to go back into the game. Because the play of QB1 is not good at all. Is he hurt? Or is he not able to get it done? I don’t know but something up.

This draft get QB1 and WR1 right. I don’t care if they have to give the whole draft away. Please get those two positions right. Because as you can see value picks (undrafted free agents, 6th and 7th rounders) in those two positions most of the time especially in Indy will get you embarrassed in this league 

True

29 of 30 REALLY!!!!!!!

Venturi's gonna love this, and he's right.  Over the past two years with Eberflus, this is what virtually every competent QB has done to us.  If we slowed down anyone, as we did with Mahomes, we did it with the running game - keeping them off the field.  In the past two weeks, with no running game, this secondary had no prayer.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JR Indy said:

we will always blame the defense when the Offense fails and scores enough but not when it matters lol  i for one am on the Def side every time lately because we can’t score or move the ball at all the def gives us chances and scores TDs occasionally and we still lose so i don’t understand why we still put the blame on them haha 

19 minutes ago, JR Indy said:

Jacoby deserves his own criticism no question but that does not excuse the defense.  They have been awful the last two weeks with or without the QB.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Jacoby deserves his own criticism no question but that does not excuse the defense.  They have been awful the last two weeks with or without the QB.

No Kenny Moore, Desir is playing hurt. What does mean for your defense. The coach has to cover for them not being fully healthy  by playing Zones. The personal that is playing should not be dressing, let alone playing.

When the opposing Defense doesn’t feel threatened by QB1 they will take chances. If that was Luck back there. There’s no way The Saints or anybody is loading the box like they have against Jacoby. 
What I’m trying to say you can have the Steel Curtain as your defense in this day and age with a QB like Jacoby. By the end of season that Steel Curtain will turn into plastic mini blinds

2 hours ago, #12. said:

29 of 30 REALLY!!!!!!!

Venturi's gonna love this, and he's right.  Over the past two years with Eberflus, this is what virtually every competent QB has done to us.  If we slowed down anyone, as we did with Mahomes, we did it with the running game - keeping them off the field.  In the past two weeks, with no running game, this secondary had no prayer.

Mahomes came into that game hurt and he got hurt even further. I’m not sure we win that game had he been fully healthy.  It was a close game.