Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saints wearing SB patch tonight only

ColtsSouljah

Is this petty?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Saints wearing their Super Bowl anniversary patch ONLY for the game against the Colts petty?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/18/2019 at 12:00 AM

So, the Saints are wearing a 10 year anniversary patch for tonight's game. They have not worn it any other game this season and will not wear it again after tonight. This strikes me as incredibly petty.

For comparison, when the Colts had their 10 year Super Bowl anniversary, they did not celebrate it against the Bears (even though they played the Bears at home that year).

Now, PLEASE, PLEASE, can we not do the "who cares?!" and "If you don't like it, don't lose!" posts. I'm just wondering if you guys think this is as petty as I do.

25 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't think petty is the right way to describe it. I think being mad about it is petty.

To me, it's rubbing salt in the wound, which only matters if the wound is still open. For me, it's not. 

For several fans, the wounds may still be open but I agree, time has a way of healing those. That is probably their biggest bright spot of their franchise, coming up short several other times in the playoffs and being the laughing stock before Payton and Brees arrived.

Let them have their moment, the architects of that SB - Sean Payton and Drew Brees are still there. It definitely means more to them than us fans here. If we displayed SB 41 colors when the Bears visited while Peyton and Dungy were here, it would be the same. But then, we lost the home opener in 2008 to the Bears at home. :( 

Typical Sean Payton fashion! Personally, I am still salty over the rematch in NO. They wore white at home and colts were the home blues just like the superbowl. Manning was down that year and Payton was in the booth and ran the score up on the colts while eating a hotdog. Really like Brees but never been able to pull for SP! May be petty, well so be it:D

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't think petty is the right way to describe it. I think being mad about it is petty.

To me, it's rubbing salt in the wound, which only matters if the wound is still open. For me, it's not. 

Agreed. This is a completely different team and staff than back then. Heck, I bet Brees is the only active player on either team left over from that game. 

1 hour ago, ColtsSouljah said:

So, the Saints are wearing a 10 year anniversary patch for tonight's game. They have not worn it any other game this season and will not wear it again after tonight. This strikes me as incredibly petty.

For comparison, when the Colts had their 10 year Super Bowl anniversary, they did not celebrate it against the Bears (even though they played the Bears at home that year).

Now, PLEASE, PLEASE, can we not do the "who cares?!" and "If you don't like it, don't lose!" posts. I'm just wondering if you guys think this is as petty as I do.

Since you said not to, I won't say who cares even though that perfectly sums up what I think about this.  Instead what I will allow is that on my list of things to worry about and fret over, this is 757,002 on the list.

It is no big deal to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coltsva said:

Doesn’t bother me. What bothers me is their name. I’ve been down here for 3 days, walking around the French Quarter and Bourbon Street. There is nothing Saintly about this place! :D

I've never been, but yeah,.... that's the rumor.

Would like to have dinner down there, though.

7 hours ago, ColtsSouljah said:

It's a bit bush league, I'm with ya.