Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Draft position

12 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Yes, it's hindsight, but I'll take Nelson over Darnold any day.

darnold has not been that good.  i would take lamar over nelson though 

thats not just hindsight either, i really thought the jets should have taken lamar at the time

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

darnold has not been that good.  i would take lamar over nelson though 

QB was not a need when the Colts selected Nelson.  I wouldn’t complain we either Darnold or Lamar if they were the Colts QB though. However, J. Allen is really growing on me. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MPStack said:

QB was not a need when the Colts selected Nelson.  I wouldn’t complain we either Darnold or Lamar if they were the Colts QB though. However, J. Allen is really growing on me. 

If they get Allen some WR in this draft he will improve a lot. He does need to work on his technique and accuracy. Some of those throws were so bad last night.

25 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If they get Allen some WR in this draft he will improve a lot. He does need to work on his technique and accuracy. Some of those throws were so bad last night.

He was RAW coming out of college and the Bills new it. If, you compare his rookie season to this year, he has improved in just about every category. 7% completion improvement. 

Sounds crazy, but if I could now take any QB from the 2018 class it would be J. Allen as I believe he’s not close to his ceiling yet. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

He was RAW coming out of college and the Bills new it. If, you compare he rookie season to this year, he has improved in just about every category. 7% completion improvement. 

Sounds crazy, but if I could now take any QB from the 2018 class it would be J. Allen as I believe he’s not close to his ceiling yet. 

The fact is...... most QBs.... even the good ones..... STINK in year one

In his rookie year, Peyton Manning gave out interceptions like candy on halloween......

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

This defense needs some interior pass rush to be successful

Kinlaw would be an excellent choice

In an article today on Stampede Blue Kinlaw has previously stated he wants to play for the Colts!  I would bet he would have an interesting combine interview with Ballard. 

• Like 2

Interesting tidbit about the Bills trading up for J. Allen in 2018. 

They moved up from 12th to 7th by swapping 1st Rd picks and gave up two 2nd Rd selections (53 and 56). 

So, the Colts may have a lot of options come draft day. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MPStack said:

Interesting tidbit about the Bills trading up for J. Allen in 2018. 

They moved up from 12th to 7th by swapping 1st Rd picks and gave up two 2nd Rd selections (53 and 56). 

So, the Colts may have a lot of options come draft day. 

For sure, we will probably have the 34th or 35th pick in the draft to work with, or if they don't wanna use that then they can trade their pick in the early 40s. If we end up picking around 10th, we should be able to easily get to 5th or 6th, and if Tua is there I think you have to take him. He's a Russell Wilson type guy imo. Thing is, at that point in the draft you may have a shot at a franchise LT or truly elite gamechanger on defense. I honestly wouldn't even be mad if they took Jerry Jeudy, he's gonna be a Michael Thomas type player, he's gonna destroy the NFL Combine, wouldn't be surprised if he sets records in the shuttle drills.

On 12/16/2019 at 4:09 PM, DougDew said:

Herbert is going at pick #2.  Right after Burrow.

I think Herbert will have an unbelievable pro day and his game film has been consistently great throughout college. It’s possible that someone trades up for him but I doubt it. The dolphins are the only team in the top 10 that desperately needs a QB and if they don’t draft him I think we have a good chance. 

3 minutes ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

I think Herbert will have an unbelievable pro day and his game film has been consistently great throughout college. It’s possible that someone trades up for him but I doubt it. The dolphins are the only team in the top 10 that desperately needs a QB and if they don’t draft him I think we have a good chance. 

I really wonder what the Dolphins are going to do come draft day. 

What is their plan with Rosen? That guy has to get a chance somewhere and under a little better circumstances.