Ray Lewis LB

Ed Reed S

Johnathan Ogden OT 

Baltimore Colts

Lenny Moore RB

Gino Marchetti DE

Jim Parker G

John Mackey TE 

Others : Ted Hendricks Baltimore Colts Super Bowl 5 Champion but mainly known as Raider. 
Rod Woodson Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl 35 Champion but mainly known as Steeler. 

Possible upcoming nominees: 

Baltimore Colts :

Johnny Unitas QB

Raymond Berry WR 

We’ve been lucky to see some pretty darn good players pass through Baltimore. 

• Like 3

Two other notes

How the heck do you keep Baltimore Colts / Miami Dolphins coach Don Shula off this list ? NFL Champion 1968, Super Bowl Champion 72 and 73. He should be on this list. I guess he has to pay for the Super Bowl 3 loss. 

I would expect Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison from Indy to be on the list. 

58 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

Baltimore Ravens :

Ray Lewis LB

Ed Reed S

Johnathan Ogden OT 

Ed Reed is great. I always liked him. But does he deserve to be added over Paul Krause who is the all-time interceptions leader and an overall great player himself? Ask older fans who watched Krause play. He should have made the team.

The committee making these decisions have recency bias. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Ed Reed is great. I always liked him. But does he deserve to be added over Paul Krause who is the all-time interceptions leader and an overall great player himself? Ask older fans who watched Krause play. He should have made the team.

The committee making these decisions have recency bias. 

I saw Paul Krause play with the Vikings. I agree he’s an all time great, but there are some other safeties other than Ed Reed you could pull off that list and replace with Krause. 
The receivers should be real interesting because of the defensive rule changes allowing modern receivers to pile up yardage. It’s kind of hard to compare era’s. Look at the yardage of Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. 1A and 1B. Very similar in yardage. 

43 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

I saw Paul Krause play with the Vikings. I agree he’s an all time great, but there are some other safeties other than Ed Reed you could pull off that list and replace with Krause. 
The receivers should be real interesting because of the defensive rule changes allowing modern receivers to pile up yardage. It’s kind of hard to compare era’s. Look at the yardage of Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. 1A and 1B. Very similar in yardage. 

Who are the safeties on the list besides Ronnie Lott and Ed Reed? Not having Krause there makes it seem like not much thought was put into compiling the list.

Yes, it will be interesting to see which receivers are selected. There have been so many great ones. Rice for sure. I think Randy Moss and Marvin Harrison should be there but maybe not. 

32 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Who are the safeties on the list besides Ronnie Lott and Ed Reed? Not having Krause there makes it seem like not much thought was put into compiling the list.

Yes, it will be interesting to see which receivers are selected. There have been so many great ones. Rice for sure. I think Randy Moss and Marvin Harrison should be there but maybe not. 

Ken Houston, Larry Wilson , Emlen Tunnel, Ronnie Lott, Jack Christianson. One of those safeties, except Lott, could be replaced by Krause. I don’t think Marvin will make it either, but Peyton is a stone cold lock, and deservedly so.  
He killed the Ravens. What a QB ! Picked us apart every time, and student of the game. All time great off the field, and an exceptional gentleman. 

I’m hoping Raymond Berry get in. He has like 9000 some receiving yards, but in an era they ran a lot. If he and Unitas get in, that would be most of the old Colt Hall if Fame guys except for Art Donovan. Artie was great , and a hall of famer, but a notch below some of the defensive tackles on the all time list. 

29 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

Ken Houston, Larry Wilson , Emlen Tunnel, Ronnie Lott, Jack Christianson. One of those safeties, except Lott, could be replaced by Krause. I don’t think Marvin will make it either, but Peyton is a stone cold lock, and deservedly so.  
He killed the Ravens. What a QB ! Picked us apart every time, and student of the game. All time great off the field, and an exceptional gentleman. 

I had never heard of Emlen Tunnel. Perhaps I did and I don't remember. He is second behind Krause in interceptions. 

Of course, Peyton is in without a doubt. Also: Unitas, Montana, Brady, Marino, Elway. What do you think?

• Like 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

I had never heard of Emlen Tunnel. Perhaps I did and I don't remember. He is second behind Krause in interceptions. 

Of course, Peyton is in without a doubt. Also: Unitas, Montana, Brady, Marino, Elway. What do you think?

I have absolutely no problems with any of those quarterbacks. Great selections. I know some fans in Denver thought Shannon Sharp should have gotten in as a TE, and Steeler fans thought Troy Polamalu should have gotten in as safety. 
As much as we all give Belichick grief for his many Shennanigans , I have to say I am impressed with him on this show. He seems to be a very good student of NFL history, and even shown a good sense of humor that people rarely see.  
I also like that Belichick was a huge Baltimore Colt’s fan , and idolized those late 50’s , early 60’s Colt teams.  His dad Steve coached at Navy, and Bill was in Annapolis MD at the time. A final footnote was that his first NFL coaching job was with the Baltimore Colts in 1975, under the tutelage of good ol’ Teddy Football. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

Two other notes

How the heck do you keep Baltimore Colts / Miami Dolphins coach Don Shula off this list ? NFL Champion 1968, Super Bowl Champion 72 and 73. He should be on this list. I guess he has to pay for the Super Bowl 3 loss. 

I would expect Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison from Indy to be on the list. 

I thought they still had some spots for coaches that they hadn't announced yet

I would love see a list of the all-time greatest 53 man roster of all-time. That would be so unreal. I would keep 3 QB's on that list actually as in Brady, Montana, and Peyton. 4 RB's = Jim Brown, W.Payton, E.Smith, and Barry Sanders. 5 WR's = J.Rice, M.Irvin, Marv, C.Carter, and R.Moss. After that not sure :banana:. The defense would definitely include Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White, Bruce Smith, Ray Lewis, Ronnie Lott, and Deion Sanders.

• Like 2

Here is my all-time Baltimore/Indy Colts Offensive lineup:

QB - Peyton Manning

RB - Eric Dickerson (put Indy on the map)

WR's - Marvin Harrison, Raymond Berry

Slot WR - Reggie Wayne (I would put Reg here)

TE - John Mackey

LT - Tarik Glenn

LG - Quenton Nelson

C - Jeff Saturday

RG - Jim Parker

RT - Chris Hinton

*with those 5 guys protecting Manning, he would never get touched. The Baltimore players are in bold.

Of course the Kicker would be Adam Vinatieri lmao 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here is my all-time Baltimore/Indy Colts Offensive lineup:

QB - Peyton Manning

RB - Eric Dickerson (put Indy on the map)

WR's - Marvin Harrison, Raymond Berry

Slot WR - Reggie Wayne (I would put Reg here)

TE - John Mackey

LT - Tarik Glenn

LG - Quenton Nelson

C - Jeff Saturday

RG - Jim Parker

RT - Chris Hinton

*with those 5 guys protecting Manning, he would never get touched. The Baltimore players are in bold.

Of course the Kicker would be Adam Vinatieri lmao 

Very good players, but a bit Indy-centric for my tastes. To me , Johnny U is the GOAT because he invented the modern QB position. No offense to Brady, Manning, and Montana. 
I would kind of put Dickerson and Vinatieri as players better known in other organizations , ie. Rams and Patriots. Similar to Shula and Ted Hendricks who were Baltimore Colts, but better known as a Dolphin and Raider. 
Harrison is finally getting his dues , and I think Wayne doesn’t always get the credit he deserves. 
I like Chris Hinton, but he will always be a horrible reminder of the Bob Irsay/ Elway debacle. I just wish he would have listened to Ernie Accorsi, called Elway’s bluff, and let him toil on the Yankees triple A farm team in Columbus for four years. 
Bill Curry was a pretty good center for the Colts , and George Kunz was a pretty good OL. Just some observations.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Old Crow said:

Very good players, but a bit Indy-centric for my tastes. To me , Johnny U is the GOAT because he invented the modern QB position. No offense to Brady, Manning, and Montana. 
I would kind of put Dickerson and Vinatieri as players better known in other organizations , ie. Rams and Patriots. Similar to Shula and Ted Hendricks who were Baltimore Colts, but better known as a Dolphin and Raider. 
Harrison is finally getting his dues , and I think Wayne doesn’t always get the credit he deserves. 
I like Chris Hinton, but he will always be a horrible reminder of the Bob Irsay/ Elway debacle. I just wish he would have listened to Ernie Accorsi, called Elway’s bluff, and let him toil on the Yankees triple A farm team in Columbus for four years. 
Bill Curry was a pretty good center for the Colts , and George Kunz was a pretty good OL. Just some observations.  

Of course you are older school than me so I understand your thinking. I would have no problem with putting Unitas in the lineup I have. To me Dickerson put Indy on the map, I think of a player like Faulk more of a Ram definitely. Dickerson was a Ram from 1983-1986, he actually played for the Colts longer from 1987-1991. Faulk for example played for the Rams longer and won a SB with them. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Of course you are older school than me so I understand your thinking. I would have no problem with putting Unitas in the lineup I have. To me Dickerson put Indy on the map, I think of a player like Faulk more of a Ram definitely. Dickerson was a Ram from 1983-1986, he actually played for the Colts longer from 1987-1991. Faulk for example played for the Rams longer and won a SB with them. 

It’s close on Dickerson. His number is retired by the Rams, and is also in the Indy Ring of Honor. However , he was NFL Offensive player of the year with the Rams, and three time NFC player of the year during the Rams tenure. Also, three out of his four rushing titles were with the Rams. Four out of his Six pro bowls were also with the Rams. 
That being said, the Dickerson trade did pump life into the Indy Colts. Tough call on that one 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

It’s close on Dickerson. His number is retired by the Rams, and is also in the Indy Ring of Honor. However , he was NFL Offensive player of the year with the Rams, and three time NFC player of the year during the Rams tenure. Also, three out of his four rushing titles were with the Rams. Four out of his Six pro bowls were also with the Rams. 
That being said, the Dickerson trade did pump life into the Indy Colts. Tough call on that one 

Yeah it is close, he won the rushing title here in 1988 and in 1987 put us on the map as we won the division after going 3-13 in 1986. His 2105 yards was with the Rams though in 1984. I will never forget Monday night on Halloween in 1988 when Dickerson had 159 yards and 4 TD's at halftime. We destroyed Elway and Denver 55-23.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it is close, he won the rushing title here in 1988 and in 1987 put us on the map as we won the division after going 3-13 in 1986. His 2105 yards was with the Rams though in 1984. I will never forget Monday night on Halloween in 1988 when Dickerson had 159 yards and 4 TD's at halftime. We destroyed Elway and Denver 55-23.

Wasn’t that trade the gem of the Jim Irsay GM era ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Old Crow said:

Wasn’t that trade the gem of the Jim Irsay GM era ? 

Indianapolis wasn't a football town at all. When we got the team in 1984 not many cared. I did but I was only 13 years old. It was all about the Hoosiers here and Bobby Knight back then. When we got Dickerson in 1987 even my dad wanted to go games lmao . 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Indianapolis wasn't a football town at all. When we got the team in 1984 not many cared. I did but I was only 13 years old. It was all about the Hoosiers here and Bobby Knight back then. When we got Dickerson in 1987 even my dad wanted to go games lmao . 

I see what you mean on the Dickerson front as far as sparking interest. From my perspective , the Dickerson and Harbaugh era’s were a sort of fool’s gold , in basically a continuation of the poor Bob Irsay era of 1972-1997. He had three similar aberration years 75-77 in Baltimore. 
I really think Peyton Manning is the real reason Indy football is what it is today. His consistency got the stadium built, and fans consistently in the seats. 
I’m not downing those few years of success, but they were few and far between some really bad years. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

I see what you mean on the Dickerson front as far as sparking interest. From my perspective , the Dickerson and Harbaugh era’s were a sort of fool’s gold , in basically a continuation of the poor Bob Irsay era of 1972-1997. He had three similar aberration years 75-77 in Baltimore. 
I really think Peyton Manning is the real reason Indy football is what it is today. His consistency got the stadium built, and fans consistently in the seats. 
I’m not downing those few years of success, but they were few and far between some really bad years. 

Dickerson kick started everything here, Harbaugh kept it afloat for a couple of years but you are right about Peyton. Peyton truly made this is a football town. A lot of people became Colts fans because of him.

• 2 weeks later...

I just youtube'd the top 100 whole show, those goofs left off Michael Irvin are you freakin kidding me! That WR list alone makes that list bogus. He is easily a top 10 WR of all-time. Marvin barely made the WR list, he came in at 10 lmao . I do agree with their QB and RB list though as in they have the right guys on the list at least.

I would take Michael Irvin over Larry Fitzgerald all day every day and Larry was on the show. 

Good Baltimore addition. Jim Parker belong on the Mt Rushmore of Colts alongside Johnny and Peyton and anybody who disagrees can just let him block for me instead.

My homer pick made the list so I’m happy with it.

In attempt to forget that for a minute, I say the list was great across the board. I feared that not only would they leave Favre out, but that they would leave him out for a bunch of statpadders and heartthrobs of this era. And that’s just quarterbacks. I thought sure the Jim Parkers, Lenny Moore’s etc of the world wouldn’t even make the ballot.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Good Baltimore addition. Jim Parker belong on the Mt Rushmore of Colts alongside Johnny and Peyton and anybody who disagrees can just let him block for me instead.

My homer pick made the list so I’m happy with it.

In attempt to forget that for a minute, I say the list was great across the board. I feared that not only would they leave Favre out, but that they would leave him out for a bunch of statpadders and heartthrobs of this era. And that’s just quarterbacks. I thought sure the Jim Parkers, Lenny Moore’s etc of the world wouldn’t even make the ballot.

Most of my old Baltimore Colt heroes , except Artie Donovan made it, so I was pretty pleased with the list overall. Great to see some of the older guys who made the league what it is, get a little bit of the spotlight. 

• Like 1

Mt Rushmore's are the toughest when it comes to franchises. You have to select the 4 greatest players/most impactful players of that franchise, only 4. 

Regarding the Colts - Unitas, Peyton, and Marvin are definite's but that last one I really have to think. It needs to be a defensive player because I have 3 offensive players. Maybe Gino Marchetti belongs? I loved Dwight Freeney too but that would sound like I am too Indy Colts lol.