Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

SI: Why Brissett is still the Colts' future (Bonus: Trivia)

zibby43

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is why I didn't want JB to play tonight because I knew we would get killed and people would just pile on him again. Our season was over after last week and the guys look lethargic knowing it's over. I seen this coming. I really wish we would just play Kelly and rest JB and TY both in the last 2 games. This game doesn't change my opinion on anything, I still think JB is above average but I still think we should draft a QB too.

It's time to break out that QB ranking list again. I don't know how you have JB at "above average."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Superman said:

It's time to break out that QB ranking list again. I don't know how you have JB at "above average."

This game really doesn't change my mind. I honestly felt JB would have a bad game tonight and I picked us to lose big before the game. I just had that feeling because after losing last week the air went out of the balloon. JB isn't as bad as people make him out to be, he is playing bad tonight but I seen this coming. When I was at work earlier I told someone the Saints would win by 21 and he was laughing at me. It's even worse than that.

11 minutes ago, Superman said:

Honest question here, other than our O.Line what else is good about our team? It is not like JB is surrounded by a great team. Whoever we draft do not be shocked if he struggles unless our WR core gets upgraded and our D improves a lot. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Honest question here, other than our O.Line what else is good about our team? It is not like JB is surrounded by a great team. Whoever we draft do not be shocked if he struggles unless our WR core gets upgraded and our D improves a lot. 

The defense is not the problem. The Saints dropped 46 last week. At times the Defense looks bad is because they been out there too long. 
The offense should be pretty fresh after this game because they was hardly out there. 
Watching Jacoby tonight was like watching Vinny kick this year. How many more games do they start Jacoby performing like this? Jacoby is the problem hands down now. And will be for the next 18 games, if they don’t bring another QB in here.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is why I didn't want JB to play tonight because I knew we would get killed and people would just pile on him again. Our season was over after last week and the guys look lethargic knowing it's over. I seen this coming. I really wish we would just play Kelly and rest JB and TY both in the last 2 games. This game doesn't change my opinion on anything, I still think JB is above average but I still think we should draft a QB too.

All he does is win

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This game really doesn't change my mind. I honestly felt JB would have a bad game tonight and I picked us to lose big before the game. I just had that feeling because after losing last week the air went out of the balloon. JB isn't as bad as people make him out to be, he is playing bad tonight but I seen this coming. When I was at work earlier I told someone the Saints would win by 21 and he was laughing at me. It's even worse than that.

I see Jacob uh having a bad career. But hey hes not that bad just stick with him. lmao

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Your being sarcastic right. Our recievers are fine. He missed wide open people all night. When will you let jacoby take blame for his own shot play.

• Like 1

JB played exactly like he always does (big wind up, fastball high, knuckle ball low). It just doesn't work when the competition is quality. This game is going to make it hard for people to really be on board for much more JB time- even if there's not obvious better options. 7 points isn't good when the Saints D gave up 40+ last week and I don't/didn't think the 9ers are wildly better on paper or in coaching. The big question is going to start to be, is this working? Or are we setting up for a long stint in the wilderness?

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

5-2 before he was injured.

Haha, you and Booger must of had the same people prepare your lines tonight. Did you use your eyes to watch the game tonight?

I’m just giving you a hard time...but you sure enjoyed going into every thread to mock everyone that questioned him and made outlandish posts every time a historically good QB had a bad game. Your posts really aren’t aging well.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So you think TY, Pascal, Johson, Doyle arent capable recievers?

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I’m sorry but JB makes this team look way worse around him than it is.  

1. because he is inaccurate

2. because he can’t read a defense

3. too slow to react

4. wears down his own defense because he is 1,2,3 and out way too much

5. he has broken the will of his own team because his poor play hasn’t affected how the team sees him and plays him

6. he is a complete liability

7. the oline gets overwhelmed because they can stack and blitz anytime they want, he can’t beat the blitz ever

jB has alone given this team a high draft choice to work with since the team sat at 5-2 and I honestly can believe this team has won a game let alone 5. Huge huge regression of this team. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Your being sarcastic right. Our recievers are fine. He missed wide open people all night. When will you let jacoby take blame for his own shot play.

The way I look at it if we draft someone I wish them the best but if he struggles I am sure he will get all the blame too. QB's always do.

33 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He missed pass after pass though. And on plenty of those attempts there wasn't any pressure. This might've been his worst game to date in terms of accuracy.

• Like 1

I hate to say it but I've joined the Stitches and Eaststreet club now.   I have given up on JB.  He's even failed the small criteria that I had on him as far as what I wanted to see.  And yall know I'm usually fair and I don't give up on players that easy.  Whatever I thought I saw in the guy I must say I was wrong. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

I hate to say it but I've joined the Stitches and Eaststreet club now.   I have given up on JB.  He's even failed the small criteria that I had on him as far as what I wanted to see.  And yall know I'm usually fair and I don't give up on players that easy.  Whatever I thought I saw in the guy I must say I was wrong. 

I think it's officially the majority opinion at this point. This was IMO easily his worst showing yet.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

I hate to say it but I've joined the Stitches and Eaststreet club now.   I have given up on JB. 

Yes, this game shredded whatever optimism I had about JB givng us a high floor. We always knew he had a limited ceiling but if you cannot give us the high floor, it is impossible to reap the benefits of roster construction around him even for a year. If we had done what we did against the Bucs, I would have been OK with it.

3 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Haha, you and Booger must of had the same people prepare your lines tonight. Did you use your eyes to watch the game tonight?

I’m just giving you a hard time...but you sure enjoyed going into every thread to mock everyone that questioned him and made outlandish posts every time a historically good QB had a bad game. Your posts really aren’t aging well.

I just find it odd and strange that people are actually enjoying the fact that JB has been struggling being Colts fans. In some people's minds, JB never stood a chance from day 1 after Luck retired. I guess the fact I have seen a lot worse being Schlister, Pagel, Trudeau, Hogeboom, George, Painter, Orvlosky, Tolzien, and Hoyer that my leash is a little longer.

I just find it odd and strange that people are actually enjoying the fact that JB has been struggling being Colts fans. In some people's minds, JB never stood a chance from day 1 after Luck retired. I guess the fact I have seen a lot worse being Schlister, Pagel, Trudeau, Hogeboom, George, Painter, Orvlosky, Tolzien, and Hoyer that my leash is a little longer.

I find it hard to believe anybody genuinely enjoyed that performance tonight. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I'll have to jump in here lol, as I'm sure you knew I'd take the bait...

1. JB puts added stress on the OL with his high time to throw in the passing game. They can also get buy with only rushing 4.

2. JB puts added stress on the RBs and OL in the running game because teams don't respect our passing game and can focus on the run in early downs.

3. Because of the above, that creates stress on the D when our O can't sustain drives.

4. Almost everyone of our pass catchers (except Pascal) has regressed significantly with JB.

An effective QB makes the machine work much better in all phases. It doesn't take a Luck or Manning to do that. Just someone that works well within the system and able to execute the quick short passes effectively within Reich's scheme.

By the way, statistically, our run O and run D are pretty darn good and both top 10. 

JB was awful tonight overthrowing may WRs and missing many open guys completely. His lack of performance impacts the entire team. His stats would have looked far worse if it weren't for several behind the line do nothing passes, and the last drive when NO was playing super soft.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I'll have to jump in here lol, as I'm sure you knew I'd take the bait...

1. JB puts added stress on the OL with his high time to throw in the passing game. They can also get buy with only rushing 4.

2. JB puts added stress on the RBs and OL in the running game because teams don't respect our passing game and can focus on the run in early downs.

3. Because of the above, that creates stress on the D when our O can't sustain drives.

4. Almost everyone of our pass catchers (except Pascal) has regressed significantly with JB.

An effective QB makes the machine work much better in all phases. It doesn't take a Luck or Manning to do that. Just someone that works well within the system and able to execute the quick short passes effectively within Reich's scheme.

By the way, statistically, our run O and run D are pretty darn good and both top 10. 

JB was awful tonight overthrowing may WRs and missing many open guys completely. His lack of performance impacts the entire team. His stats would have looked far worse if it weren't for several behind the line do nothing passes, and the last drive when NO was playing super soft.

I have already said JB played bad tonight but I also seen it coming. We weren't motivated tonight and that was obvious by our play as a team. Saints are still playing for a possible bye week.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1. I don’t think anyone on this colts fan train ever wanted to see JB fail, in fact a large majority thought JB would actually be an upgrade over Luck in regards to playing safer with the ball and thought he was going to be much improved by this point than he is. We all wanted to see him succeed and many held firm even after he showed what he really is, a back up at best. 

2. I’d take many of those QB’s on this team the way it’s constructed currently over this JB. 

3. you can’t trade a player who is arguably one of the bottom worst QB’s in the league right now. We couldn’t eat 3/4 of his salary and get a partner for JB. He is either cut or he is a back up for next season on this team. You can’t go into next season with him labeled as your starter. You would lose 1/4 of your season ticket base at least, probably more in a tepid market. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hated tonight. Some seem to love it though because they can pile on JB even more, This site has turned into a JB bash fest. I hope he gets traded and we can move on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, runthepost said:

If the Colts don’t want to draft a QB they better pray Carr or Newton becomes available would rather see them instead of I overthrow receivers 10 yards down the field Brissett 

Carr and newton  are better than Brissett, but don't  want them as colts

2 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

1. I don’t think anyone on this colts fan train ever wanted to see JB fail, in fact a large majority thought JB would actually be an upgrade over Luck in regards to playing safer with the ball and thought he was going to be much improved by this point than he is. We all wanted to see him succeed and many held firm even after he showed what he really is, a back up at best. 

2. I’d take many of those QB’s on this team the way it’s constructed currently over this JB. 

3. you can’t trade a player who is arguably one of the bottom worst QB’s in the league right now. We couldn’t eat 3/4 of his salary and get a partner for JB. He is either cut or he is a back up for next season on this team. You can’t go into next season with him labeled as your starter. You would lose 1/4 of your season ticket base at least, probably more in a tepid market. 

None of the QB's I have listed were better than JB and JB isn't better than Luck. I just think it is time to move on and draft someone. I have also already said I am fine taking Love in round 1 because I don't think Kelly is the answer.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have already said JB played bad tonight but I also seen it coming. We weren't motivated tonight and that was obvious by our play as a team. Saints are still playing for a possible bye week.

You're saying our O wasn't motivated? JB and TY slacking? Our OL kept JB pretty darn safe. We had pass catchers running open. NO keyed on our run the whole night. I don't know how that translates into the O not being motivated. 

On D, I don't like the soft zone much, but it does work a lot better when the O can sustain drives, and never works when we're constantly giving the ball back.

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Carr and newton  are better than Brissett, but don't  want them as colts

At this point, I’d take Andy Dalton as our QB. Maybe Rivers or Manning becomes an option for a gap year. Idk what the answer here is but we had better see a change at QB this week. Put JB on IR. He’s injured in the head of not elsewhere on the body.  

• Like 1

Just now, Jdubu said:

At this point, I’d take Andy Dalton as our QB. Maybe Rivers or Manning becomes an option for a gap year. Idk what the answer here is but we had better see a change at QB this week. Put JB on IR. He’s injured in the head of not elsewhere on the body.  

Nah keep  him in now. We need to lose a couple  more then draft a qb and wrs.