Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Chloe6124

Chase Young says plan is to stay in school

Wow that's definitely a risk on his part considering he is projected to be a top 3 pick. He is risking possibly getting injured and having his stock fall some next year. 

This means close to nothing with National Championship games still to be played. There is no good way to answer a question about whether he will stay or go while his team is preparing to play the most important games of the season. He's not going to say "you know what, I know we are playing for a championship, but I'm gone once it's done".

"The plan is" is code phrase for "I don't want to talk about it and I don't want to be a distraction". Plans change. Let him play out his season and lets see what he decides once he's done with the season officially. 

• Like 4

At the end of the day he will probably go into the draft.  When your going to be a top 5 pick at least it wouldn’t be very smart.

Why would you go back? That's a horrible business decision. If you were a Junior and a marketing firm (or whatever your major was) wanted to go ahead and hire you with a fat 6-figure salary, would you go back?

This is click bait at its finest. This stems from TMZ sports and Chase would have said anything to them to leave him alone. He will declare for the draft.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Revala said:

This is click bait at its finest. This stems from TMZ sports and Chase would have said anything to them to leave him alone. He will declare for the draft.

Yep....the SI article even went on to his clarification of the remark. 

After his initial comments, Young said that he was caught off guard by the question and clarified he doesn't necessarily have a "plan" ahead of the draft. "I'm not even really worried anything in the future, I'm just worried about just beating Clemson right now," he said.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 4:17 PM, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Why would you go back? That's a horrible business decision. If you were a Junior and a marketing firm (or whatever your major was) wanted to go ahead and hire you with a fat 6-figure salary, would you go back?

Honestly,  I don't blame him.  The Bengals ra dumpster fire.  Play another year and maybe he goes to crappy team he prefers.  I also think he is basically giving the finger to the Bengals

On 12/14/2019 at 5:17 PM, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I bet this report means zero they still have at worst one more game at best 2.

Ahh there must be more to it than that about returning for his senior year.  He must have been talking to a second rate reporter in a local bar, and the reporter misquoted him....It's PR, nothing else.....

On 12/15/2019 at 11:17 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

Honestly,  I don't blame him.  The Bengals ra dumpster fire.  Play another year and maybe he goes to crappy team he prefers.  I also think he is basically giving the finger to the Bengals

The Bengals will take Burrow I have to believe

14 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The Bengals will take Burrow I have to believe

Yeah, they need a QB and J. Burrow was Mr. Football Ohio in 2014.

Doubt Mr Brown messes that one up. 

56 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Yeah, they need a QB and J. Burrow was Mr. Football Ohio in 2014.

Doubt Mr Brown messes that one up. 

I'm sure he just said "hold my beer"...

• Haha 1