Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quenton Nelson: The Left Guard YOU Should be Talking About | NFL Films Presents

Douzer

On 12/13/2019 at 9:47 AM, Chloe6124 said:

We need to find a RG just like him.

The ship may have already sailed, but I'm hoping we can get a very solid RT and move Smith into RG (I think Smith does fine outside, but think he's a little more natural inside).

On a side note: the clips of Q's basketball all-star game were at the gym I went to HS at -- always gotta root for a fellow Jersey Shore guy.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

The ship may have already sailed, but I'm hoping we can get a very solid RT and move Smith into RG (I think Smith does fine outside, but think he's a little more natural inside).

On a side note: the clips of Q's basketball all-star game were at the gym I went to HS at -- always gotta root for a fellow Jersey Shore guy.

Have you seen Smith play RG in the NFL? If not, are you basing this on his collage career? Just curious. Would you risk moving him an unsettling his current status. Being fine might be the best we can hope from him. Surely easier to replace one moving part than shoogle around with two?

1 hour ago, braveheartcolt said:

Have you seen Smith play RG in the NFL? If not, are you basing this on his collage career? Just curious. Would you risk moving him an unsettling his current status. Being fine might be the best we can hope from him. Surely easier to replace one moving part than shoogle around with two?

I'm sure it's mostly because of how he was discussed coming into the league.   He was a first team all american at RG.   Many had noted that his natural position is guard.   I wouldn't mind him staying at tackle, but he gives the team options.  They can bring in a RG or a RT and be set.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

No, I haven't... but he has prototypical size for a G (in fact, he's listed on the team's website as a G).  He has played very well at RT.  What @Myles said, I agree with.  Regardless, I think that just about everyone can agree that Glowinski is the weakest link on our OL (which is a pretty darn good OL).  If we want to take the next step on OL, we need to improve the RG position.  Right now, we don't have a right tackle better than Smith.. that said, if we did bring in another T who was better than Glowinski is at RG and afford the opportunity to move Smith to RG, I think our OL would be significantly improved.

• Like 1