Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BProland's First Colts Mock Draft

With it being almost impossible to make the playoffs this year, I wanted to look ahead to the offseason. Here is my first mock draft for our Colts. I haven't included Free Agency into this yet. I do hope Ballard is able to get a prized player this coming offseason in FA though. Perhaps if a certain Chiefs player were to come available (Chris Jones), Chris would be willing to shell out money for a huge position of need for a young impact player. 

On to the mock draft...

Round 1 Pick 15: CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma

I would be giddy if Ballard landed Lamb in the draft. He would give this team a superstar at WR for the future and would greatly help out Brissett, Love, and the other WRs due to the attention he will demand. My favorite WR in this class.

Round 2 Pick 3: Jordan Love, QB, Utah State 
Round 2 Pick 15: Marvin Wilson, DT, Florida State 
Round 3 Pick 15: Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC 
Round 4 Pick 15: Cam Akers, RB, FSU
Round 5 Pick 14: Logan Stenberg, OG, Kentucky 
Round 6 Pick 9: Julian Blackmon, CB/S, Utah 
Round 6 Pick 15: Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic 
Round 7 Pick 15: Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BProland85 said:

With it being almost impossible to make the playoffs this year, I wanted to look ahead to the offseason. Here is my first mock draft for our Colts. I haven't included Free Agency into this yet. I do hope Ballard is able to get a prized player this coming offseason in FA though. Perhaps if a certain Chiefs player were to come available (Chris Jones), Chris would be willing to shell out money for a huge position of need for a young impact player. 

On to the mock draft...

Round 1 Pick 15: CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma

I would be giddy if Ballard landed Lamb in the draft. He would give this team a superstar at WR for the future and would greatly help out Brissett, Love, and the other WRs due to the attention he will demand. My favorite WR in this class.

Round 2 Pick 3: Jordan Love, QB, Utah State 
Round 2 Pick 15: Marvin Wilson, DT, Florida State 
Round 3 Pick 15: Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC 
Round 4 Pick 15: Cam Akers, RB, FSU
Round 5 Pick 14: Logan Stenberg, OG, Kentucky 
Round 6 Pick 9: Julian Blackmon, CB/S, Utah 
Round 6 Pick 15: Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic 
Round 7 Pick 15: Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia 

Love will have to go into the draft with a broken throwing arm for him to go in the 2nd. I'm pretty sure his reasoning for declaring was because he was given 1st round grades by NFL scouts/personnel.

41 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Love will have to go into the draft with a broken throwing arm for him to go in the 2nd. I'm pretty sure his reasoning for declaring was because he was given 1st round grades by NFL scouts/personnel.

Perhaps a team has shown a lot of interest in him. 

31 minutes ago, ColtsArmy84 said:

I love this draft. Hits all key needs!

This team would be primed as a Championship contender for multiple years after this draft in my opinion. I think Lamb is going to be a pure stud at WR. Love will have the weapons, OL, and offensive minded coach in Reich to fully succeed. Marvin Wilson will occupy blockers at the DT position opening things up for Turay, Banogu, Houston, and our LBers. Pittman will serve as our big body WR who can be our lesser version of Mike Evans. Akers can challenge Mack for the lead back role. Stenberg can challenge Glow for the RG spot eventually. Blackmon will be a good depth S for Indy. Bryant can develop into a very good receiving TE. And Blankenship could take over the kicking duties from day 1.   

Overall, I like what you're doing with this mock.

They may decide to go QB in the first to make sure they get their guy & lock in that 5th year option?

Like the Pittman pick, I'm no draftnik but he seems a little underrated to me on some of the draft sites.

Interested to see how the draft/FA plays out this off-season.

1 hour ago, DarkHorseColts said:

Overall, I like what you're doing with this mock.

They may decide to go QB in the first to make sure they get their guy & lock in that 5th year option?

Like the Pittman pick, I'm no draftnik but he seems a little underrated to me on some of the draft sites.

Interested to see how the draft/FA plays out this off-season.

I think Pittman is vastly underrated. He could really be a perfect fit as a #2 or #3 WR in this offense. Would give Brissett a big body to throw to that can make the tough catches, and can out physical DBs. 

Its likely that Love is the first pick. I expect the QBs will be over valued as usual. If you want one, you're going to have to go against the rule and pick him earlier than you want. Just the way it is. And the Colts need to get a good one. If Ballard is convinced that Love or whomever can be the future, you pay the price and get him.