Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Jacoby Poll

Four2itus

New Jacoby Brissett poll  

156 members have voted

1. 1. There are a lot more people in agreement with regards to the Colts QB than it seems. I don't think a poll has been worded correctly. Please pick the choice that best fits....

• Jacoby is the franchise QB the Colts are looking for
    • Jacoby could develop into the franchise QB the Colts are looking for if the team could just get healthy
    • Jacoby is not the franchise QB the Colts are looking for, but will remain the starter until the right QB opportunity comes along
    • Jacoby is not the franchise QB the Colts are looking for, and the Colts will either draft or find a FA QB before the start of next season
    • Jacoby is not the franchise QB the Colts are looking for, and Chad Kelly will be the starter next season
    • Jacoby is not the franchise QB the Colts are looking for, and the Colts should give Chad Kelly the shot for the rest of this season
    • Jacoby is not the franchise QB the Colts are looking for, and the Colts should trade pick(s) for a QB right now

1 hour ago, Douzer said:

-or-

A mid round QB will be drafted to compete in 2020. JB will lock in, or relinquish the #1 QB position in 2020.

I thought about that one....and a few more, but I decided to keep it at 7. I also left Hoyer out as an option because I honestly thought no one would pick it. 

7 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I'm sorry, but your comment vocal leader meaning motivational belies the rest of your comments about how much leadership stuff you've listened to or participated with.

As far as the rest, never claimed leadership was mysterious stuff, it's jut leadership is more than motivation, which was your original comment that QBs don't need to be leaders because all the grown men should be able to motivate themselves.

I've said there are several kinds of leadership..... I can provide a pretty good breakdown of multiple seminars if you'd like, or the key ingredients from a few proven sports "leaders", but you'd just try to pull it apart like above lol and it would be a waste of time.

In short, some lead by performing, some lead by work habits, some lead by taking on a governing type persona (vocal about accountability), plus others, etc. etc.., and many a combination. And there are personality types within those leadership types. Some are just charismatic, some are ballers, some are authoritarians, some are Laissez-faire, and many more.... And there are leaders in every unit or position group. 

Not sure what type of leadership JB provides, but we've heard he's vocal. I'd bet he has good work habits too. What we know is in a lot of games, he's not providing leadership by performance, which in sport is just as important. He may be leading by example in some ways in practice and in the locker room, but failing on the field at times. And as you know in sports, respect must be earned, and some players (personality types) don't give it (respect) unless the performance is there. And then there's experience and age....  All those things go together to make a "leader"... 

And we all know teams take on identities, and a lot of time that identity comes from one side of the ball or one unit. Ray Lewis was the unquestioned leader and identity of the Ravens for many years and he wasn't a QB.

In terms of all things Colts, doubt the D needs much from him, so lets talk O.... I really doubt the OL needs much of anything from JB. Nelson and AC certainly don't. Nelson has been an alpha his entire life, was early on at ND, and is probably more of an external team O identity than JB currently. I'll take his NJ-esque, sumo looking, Taekwondo doing, A$$-kicking style and identity any day. He's not letting any one in the OL unit slack or go half speed. Doubt the RBs need a lot from JB.

The WRs, they probably need more than anyone. And honestly how do you think they view JB when they are working very hard to get open, are running wide open, yet JB fails to see them or are unwilling to throw it to them? How much respect do you give to a guy who probably preaches "do your job" to everyone, yet makes it hard for them to do their job.

In short, give me a guy that performs. Most successful QBs in college have a level of leadership quality or they wouldn't have done well leading their colleges. And... Those that weren't ideal leaders in college, but still did well (like Kelly), only prove you don't need it to be QB. 

And finally, bottom line, right now the whole "leadership" conversation, regardless of importance, is being used as a deflection from talking about his deficiencies, and a reason not to upgrade/improve... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 12/11/2019 at 8:18 PM, bhougland said:

Cut him?  Go to the Colts Reddit, they think the guy is great.  If only we can find a GM with that view we could get a haul.  After all, he is a franchise QB right...and they don't grow in trees...and our receivers suck or are hurt....and he has a leadership rating that I am told is really amazing!!!

Someone will want the dude, right?

Very unlikely that anyone else wants Brissett to play him as a starter...like nobody.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

Very unlikely that anyone else wants Brissett to play him as a starter...like nobody.

You might be right...but who knows. At $15M...he might look appealing to team over bidding on someone like Teddy.

I wonder if there would be a contending team that would want him as a backup. To do that...the Colts would have to keep him long enough to pay his roster bonus...and make his cap hit next year only $6M for the acquiring team. Of course...the Colts would have to eat $15.5M in dead cap to make that work...which I can't see them doing.

I would be all for a bad contract swap of JB for someone...but I don't know how that would work.

It's just hard to see a scenario where JB isn't on the team...unless Ballard just cuts him and saves the $9M that he can. Ballard has shown that he will do this...but with all the smoke they have blown about JB...it just seems like unlikely in this particular case.

I feel like the more I read and listen to people on the NFL network, Indy Star, Stampede Blue, DAZN (Pat McAfee), the more I believe that Ballard and Reich do really like JB.  I also believe that after listening to them, that this year will almost not count against JB (I know the JB haters will be furious about this) because it has been an unprecedented amount of injuries to the skill positions.  He literally has no weapons.  I know that people say that he should be able to overcome this, but he is throwing to practice squad players and players he doesn't really know.

Because of this, I believe that they will build around JB for another year and maybe draft a QB in the mid to late rounds.  Then next year is JB's make or break year and if he thrives, you resign him, if he fails you move forward with who you have on the roster or who you draft next year.

What I think will happen and what I think they should do are totally different.

I think Brissett will be the 2020 starter.   The team will win 7-9 games again.  

I want them to give Kelly some playing time in the final 2 games.  We should be eliminated by then.   I want them to have an open competition in next seasons training camp.  

4 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I feel like the more I read and listen to people on the NFL network, Indy Star, Stampede Blue, DAZN (Pat McAfee), the more I believe that Ballard and Reich do really like JB.  I also believe that after listening to them, that this year will almost not count against JB (I know the JB haters will be furious about this) because it has been an unprecedented amount of injuries to the skill positions.  He literally has no weapons.  I know that people say that he should be able to overcome this, but he is throwing to practice squad players and players he doesn't really know.

Because of this, I believe that they will build around JB for another year and maybe draft a QB in the mid to late rounds.  Then next year is JB's make or break year and if he thrives, you resign him, if he fails you move forward with who you have on the roster or who you draft next year.

Let's hope not.  Not only do I feel like this would be bad a bad move for the team.  I also think it might start hurting them in the fan engagement/interest department.  Starting JB with a highly drafted QB is a strategy even non-JB supporters can probably get on board with; going into the season with JB as your unquestioned starter and no back up plan might cost them ticket sales, viewers, merchandise sales, etc.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, shastamasta said:

You might be right...but who knows. At $15M...he might look appealing to team over bidding on someone like Teddy.

I wonder if there would be a contending team that would want him as a backup. To do that...the Colts would have to keep him long enough to pay his roster bonus...and make his cap hit next year only $6M for the acquiring team. Of course...the Colts would have to eat $15.5M in dead cap to make that work...which I can't see them doing.

I would be all for a bad contract swap of JB for someone...but I don't know how that would work.

It's just hard to see a scenario where JB isn't on the team...unless Ballard just cuts him and saves the $9M that he can. Ballard has shown that he will do this...but with all the smoke they have blown about JB...it just seems like unlikely in this particular case.

I will preface this by saying I do not think it will happen(even though it should).  But, I can imagine a  scenario where JB is cut.  IF we draft a QB high and we truly make it an open competition in camp between JB, Rookie, CK ... I don't think it is far fetched to think JB would be the 3rd best QB. I don't expect them to truly go open competition though, the loyalty & leadership factor won't allow it.

61 people voted #3 = a landslide, sorry haters you lose. People with sense know JB is probably not a franchise QB but also know he is above average and doesn't suck. I am for drafting another QB and have said that but he may not even pan out. Get out of your minds that JB isn't Peyton or Luck that will help. JB is a 9-7/10-6 QB with the roster we have if everyone is healthy. So he doesn't suck just because Luck would be 12/13 wins in probability and Peyton 14-2. You guys do realize Luck was a top 5 QB in the league and Peyton is arguably the GOAT so comparing JB to that is unfair by a mile. A lot of people want Love, what if he starts 0-4 then what? There isn't any QB's out there that are like Luck for example. So lets say the haters get their wish and JB gets ditched and their QB stinks, then what? I am going to be disappointed at our FO for quitting on JB if another drafted QB (or Kelly) steps in and plays like Painter next year.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

61 people voted #3 = a landslide, sorry haters you lose. People with sense know JB is probably not a franchise QB but also know he is above average and doesn't suck. I am for drafting another QB and have said that but he may not even pan out. Get out of your minds that JB isn't Peyton or Luck that will help. JB is a 9-7/10-6 QB with the roster we have if everyone is healthy. So he doesn't suck just because Luck would be 12/13 wins in probability and Peyton 14-2. You guys do realize Luck was a top 5 QB in the league and Peyton is arguably the GOAT so comparing JB to that is unfair by a mile. A lot of people want Love, what if he starts 0-4 then what? There isn't any QB's out there that are like Luck for example. So lets say the haters get their wish and JB gets ditched and their QB stinks, then what? I am going to be disappointed at our FO for quitting on JB if another drafted QB (or Kelly) steps in and plays like Painter next year.

I really like this post. I am on the same page as you. Is he the next Manning or Luck. No. But I would be perfectly content going 9-7, 10-6 or 11-5 with JB and having a great team around him. I have had 14-2 and 13-3 with manning and Luck and it resulted in only 1 Super Bowl win. Might as well as try this and see what happens. 

But I agree that we shouldn’t stop looking for a future franchise QB. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

But option #3 stated that JB is only the starter until someone better is found.   That makes sense.  You don't go with Hoyer.   Maybe they find Kelly is better, maybe they find a draft pick is better.   Most people are just hoping the Colts won't settle for a .500 at best QB.  If they draft a QB and in training camp JB is the better option then fine.   Roll with him.   But they have to try to find better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Myles said:

But option #3 stated that JB is only the starter until someone better is found.   That makes sense.  You don't go with Hoyer.   Maybe they find Kelly is better, maybe they find a draft pick is better.   Most people are just hoping the Colts won't settle for a .500 at best QB.  If they draft a QB and in training camp JB is the better option then fine.   Roll with him.   But they have to try to find better.

I chose option 3 but that proves that most of the site doesn't think JB sucks like some think so haha 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I chose option 3 but that proves that most of the site doesn't think JB sucks like some think so haha 

Yes, but with a low ceiling.  

It also states that JB is not the franchise QB the team is looking for.  Just sounds like it means he should start unless someone better is found.   That is the same with almost every position.  I think Mack should start until better is found.   Same with Doyle, Pascal, Hooker and many others.  

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

Yes, but with a low ceiling.  

It also states that JB is not the franchise QB the team is looking for.  Just sounds like it means he should start unless someone better is found.   That is the same with almost every position.  I think Mack should start until better is found.   Same with Doyle, Pascal, Hooker and many others.  

Nobody may be better for the next 5 years is my point at QB. We could easily be 9-4 right now if healthy and had a good kicking game. How some people don't see that is mind boggling.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nobody may be better for the next 5 years is my point at QB. We could easily be 9-4 right now if healthy and had a good kicking game. How some people don't see that is mind boggling.

The problem is that Brissett has played the same since college.  The games he starts will most likely be low scoring close games.   Just the odds show that .500 in how the outcome will be.   I think the Colts are good all around, but they are not so elite on defense or running that a game manager can lead us to the promised land.  

You said we could easily be 9-4.   We could also easily be 4-9.   The close games we lost are one thing, but there is also the close games we won.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You don't like any of the QBs coming out this year?

56 minutes ago, Myles said:

61 people voted #3 = a landslide, sorry haters you lose. People with sense know JB is probably not a franchise QB but also know he is above average and doesn't suck.

You are jumping to inaccurate conclusions.  The the options in the poll were worded badly and some options were left out which skewed the results.  It could easily be interpreted as people think JB is average - below average but there aren't many better options so we are stuck with him until we are able to draft his replacement or something unlikely/crazy happens and a good QB actually hits FA.  

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So lets say the haters get their wish and JB gets ditched and their QB stinks, then what?

Cut him and keep looking.  I would rather be terrible a couple years and be in position to go after top QBs until we find one, than finish 8-8 (give or take a game) and be stuck at mediocre. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am going to be disappointed at our FO for quitting on JB if another drafted QB (or Kelly) steps in and plays like Painter next year.

See above ... at least we know and can move on and aren't stuck in mediocrity... and if they play that bad than we likely have a shot at Lawrence. I would be fine with a one win season if it meant we got Lawrence in 2021. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CR91 said:

You don't like any of the QBs coming out this year?

I do. But they all have things that scare me alot

Jordan Love- I come the school of thought that if you are at a small school you better dominate. He did not. He also has a ton of hype, which worries me. 

Jacob Eason- Big Arm but not a lot else. 

Jalen Hurts- Mobile but can he actually throw

Justin Herbert- Oregon QB. System he runs worries me. 

just a lot of questions. Doesn’t mean I would hate drafting any of them. But I know with JB and healthy team we are gonna win anywhere from 9-11 games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, esmort said:

Cut him and keep looking.  I would rather be terrible a couple years and be in position to go after top QBs until we find one, than finish 8-8 (give or take a game) and be stuck at mediocre. 

Yeah. Cause this has worked out great for the teams always drafting at the top. 
Browns

Bears

Vikings- Had to sign couldn’t hit in draft

Broncos

Titans- had to trade for one

Redskins

Jets

Dolphins

Bills

But your right I would rather stink it up and keep drafting then have a team that gets in the playoffs at 9-7 or 10-6 and have a chance to get on a run. eyeroll GIF

1 hour ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I do. But they all have things that scare me alot

Jordan Love- I come the school of thought that if you are at a small school you better dominate. He did not. He also has a ton of hype, which worries me. 

Jacob Eason- Big Arm but not a lot else. 

Jalen Hurts- Mobile but can he actually throw

Justin Herbert- Oregon QB. System he runs worries me. 

just a lot of questions. Doesn’t mean I would hate drafting any of them. But I know with JB and healthy team we are gonna win anywhere from 9-11 games. 

Lets say for argumemt sake we lose out. End up with the 10th pick. Would you trade the house to get Burrow

• Like 1

I think we should lose for draft position and draft a QB. But I'm not totally convinced that Luck isn't coming back though. I know everyone wants to speak for him and say there's no way he's coming back and maybe they're right but until I hear it from Luck's mouth there's always a possibility. So stop acting like you know him and stop speaking for him. But if he's not coming back then we do need to draft a QB but will need to do some trading to get the franchise caliber one and I like Herbert but some say he may go number one or even fall out the first round who knows. He had a bad game against a bad Arizona State team which could hurt his stock. 

3 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Browns

Bears

Broncos

Redskins

Jets

Dolphins

Bills

But your right I would rather stink it up and keep drafting then have a team that gets in the playoffs at 9-7 or 10-6 and have a chance to get on a run. eyeroll GIF

Many of the teams you mentioned also stuck with Brissett level QB's too long.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, esmort said:

You are jumping to inaccurate conclusions.  The the options in the poll were worded badly and some options were left out which skewed the results.  It could easily be interpreted as people think JB is average - below average but there aren't many better options so we are stuck with him until we are able to draft his replacement or something unlikely/crazy happens and a good QB actually hits FA.  

See above ... at least we know and can move on and aren't stuck in mediocrity... and if they play that bad than we likely have a shot at Lawrence. I would be fine with a one win season if it meant we got Lawrence in 2021. 

I just want to point out that in your post, it looks like this was my quote.   It was not.

5 hours ago, Myles said:

61 people voted #3 = a landslide, sorry haters you lose. People with sense know JB is probably not a franchise QB but also know he is above average and doesn't suck.

48 minutes ago, Myles said:

I just want to point out that in your post, it looks like this was my quote.   It was not.

5 hours ago, Myles said:

61 people voted #3 = a landslide, sorry haters you lose. People with sense know JB is probably not a franchise QB but also know he is above average and doesn't suck.

Sorry, must not have scrolled up enough and accidentally grabbed it from where you quoted 2006bestcoltsever. 

9 minutes ago, esmort said:

Sorry, must not have scrolled up enough and accidentally grabbed it from where you quoted 2006bestcoltsever. 

Not a big deal.  

Brissett puts fans in an odd position.   He is almost the definition of average.  His QB rating is average.  His yards per game is below average but his INT % is above average.  So I can understand supporters and detractors.  

7 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Browns

Bears

Broncos

Redskins

Jets

Dolphins

Bills

This list does not fit the narrative you are trying to put forward.  Only 2 would even be close and even they had chances. 

Browns and Redskins don't even count; they are dysfunctional franchises who had plenty of chances but couldn’t get out of their own way.

Dolphins, Titans, and Bears all could have had good QBs if not for trying for retreads, sticking with a player too long (Mariota, Tannehill), and/or missing when they had good players available to draft (Ryan, Mahomes, Watson). Also jury still out on Trubisky.

Vikings and Broncos have not had the best luck with QBs lately, but they have also lingered in the mediocre to good record zone a lot which doesn't help them getting a high draft pick for QB . They also got a few good seasons out of retreads which helped them in the short term, but not the long term. Although in the Broncos case I am sure they will take their SB with PM.

I will give you the Jets, they have had some bad luck. When they did have good picks there wasn’t much available; although jury still out on Darnold (also they could have taken Lamar Jackson). Buffalo also had some bad luck for a few years, but they also blew their chance to draft Mahomes (though Allen may still turn into something).

During the last few years all these teams have had periods where they had a player/or players  as good or better than JB and it didn't amount to much other than keeping them from a top draft pick. If you don't have an very good - elite QB you are just playing the lottery hoping for one of those all the stars perfectly aligned runs that rarely happen.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have observed that you are a good poster with good insight., 

However.......  You may be missing a bit on your evaluation of JB

A QB that is innacurate, slow to read and has very poor touch on intermediate and long routes is a very bad thing

If you look through my posts........ I WAS a JB supporter.

Have you noticed that JB is looking worse and worse?

The defensive coordinators have decent tape on JB for THIS YEAR and THIS offense.

They are changing up coverages at the last second, and JB just cant find the open man.

They HAVE figured out his game

Do you remember how good Drew Bledsoe was early in his career?  He was very good, early on.  Then the defense coordinators figured out that he was susceptable to poor performance if he had rush between the center and the guard.......

ALL the teams started running blitzes and stunts there. 

Drew Bledsoe became average, even before he was hurt and TB replaced him

Some people are blaming the lack of WRs......  There ARE people that are open

An Accurate QB, with touch and quick release CAN beat the defense that is set up to stop the run.  Today......  Our running attack and great OL is negated, and quite frankly WASTED, because the box is getting stacked. 

Five guys cant block 8 or in some cases 9.  There is NO FEAR for JB's passing.

A decent QB can pick apart an 8 man box.  A QB with slow release and slow recognition cannot

You are a loyal Colts fans, as am I.

But.......  Watching JB play is painful

It will be more and more painful as the defenses coordinators, now know how to beat him

I think JB is a decent guy, BUT.........  QB needs more than a decent guy.......

I truly hope that we take at least a try with another QB

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

A QB that is innacurate, slow to read and has very poor touch on intermediate and long routes is a very bad thing

The defensive coordinators have decent tape on JB for THIS YEAR and THIS offense.

They are changing up coverages at the last second, and JB just cant find the open man.

Do you remember how good Drew Bledsoe was early in his career?  He was very good, early on.  Then the defense coordinators figured out that he was susceptable to poor performance if he had rush between the center and the guard.......

An Accurate QB, with touch and quick release CAN beat the defense that is set up to stop the run.  Today......  Our running attack and great OL is negated, and quite frankly WASTED, because the box is getting stacked. 

A decent QB can pick apart an 8 man box.  A QB with slow release and slow recognition cannot

It will be more and more painful as the defenses coordinators, now know how to beat him

I think JB is a decent guy, BUT.........  QB needs more than a decent guy.......

I agree with a lot of this, I also have noticed that JB hasn't played as well since injuring his knee. Not trying to use an excuse for him but one could tell against Houston he wasn't 100%. I thought last Sunday he made several good plays and throws, long throws too but when you give up 38 points you are not going to win many games. If we drafted Jordan Love I would be ok with it, then in camp JB and Love could fight over the starting job. Reich will know who is better by the end of preseason. 

On 12/12/2019 at 9:21 AM, Coffeedrinker said:

Anthony Gordon... QB Washington State.  Not the best overall QB in college this year but is, probably, the best pure passer in college football this year.  A bit on the skinny side but good height, excellent arm, can make all the NFL throws, superb mechanics and quick release.  Not a running QB but great movement in the pocket to extend plays, super smart, goes through his progressions well.

Numbers are inflated because of the style of offense Washington State runs but he has all the tools to do really well in the NFL.

What is this kids ability to go through progressions and does he play in a pro style offense?

JB has a lot of great qualities as a QB but dear lord he is terrible at progressions and his delivery is a bit slow. I’m not sure JB is in the right style of offense for his style though, he needs more shifty types of guys that are short area players. He isn’t the go deep, drop it in the right window or in the basket type. Is this kid? Idk who he is. 

On 12/12/2019 at 4:06 PM, stitches said:

For the people voting for Chad Kelly - IMO there is nothing Chad Kelly can do in the remaining 2-3 games to convince the Colts he's the answer, simply because some of the biggest questions about him are not on the field and he cannot really alleviate those concerns on a football field. He can throw for 400 a game and 10TD/0INT by the end of the year and the Colts STILL should NOT feel comfortable giving him the spot and still should be looking elsewhere. This is what you get when you've spent your whole young adult life proving you cannot be trusted - you won't be trusted. I'm not sure Chad Kelly can do anything to make the Colts forego the search of QB this coming off-season if they are not sold on Jacoby. If anything his fight is for long-term roster spot as a QB2 or QB 3. If I were a GM, there is zero chance in hell I'm giving the keys to the car to Chad Kelly no matter what he does in a couple mostly meaningless games. 

I think what you are saying is that no young teenager to a young adult ever grows up, they do and if he has managed to stay clean and quiet all season, which he has seemed to do, I’d be willing to take a step into the bathwater to see if I get burned or not. Of course, Kelly would have to absolutely show me the talent on the field first for me to want to take that step. Doing it in practice against our guys doesn’t give me the same confound I would with in game play and adjustments by opposing teams. As a GM, I’d be willing to take on the risk if he has shown the ability to stay focused all year long and shown me the ability to play ball in this league in live fire. Hell, I’d maybe surprise him into a starters role this week just to see how he has been preparing himself all along. He has been placed on inactive roster every game so far, has he practiced and studied like a professional each step of the way? Would he be ready to go if we said 1 1/2 hours before the game, you’re our starter today? It could certainly be another of those milestone tests for him to see his reaction to adversity and if he has been coasting knowing he was not going to be activated or if he has truly dedicated himself to the playbook and his limited reps in practice. I think it could either show his maturity level both good or bad and allow the team to decide if he was worth keeping on the roster or not for next year. A lot of ways this young kid can go here. I’m not as down on risk with him as you certainly are. 

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree with a lot of this, I also have noticed that JB hasn't played as well since injuring his knee. Not trying to use an excuse for him but one could tell against Houston he wasn't 100%. I thought last Sunday he made several good plays and throws, long throws too but when you give up 38 points you are not going to win many games. If we drafted Jordan Love I would be ok with it, then in camp JB and Love could fight over the starting job. Reich will know who is better by the end of preseason. 

I would be ok, if we draft Anthony Gordon with our 3rd round pick  

We could get the needed WR, OT, DL with our first 3 picks 

Then let them all TRULY compete.

Let the top 2 stay on the roster....  to me, a back up QB NEEDS to be on the way up (potential)

I HATE the journeyman QB that you cant count on to win a game

Hoyer should be cut.

If JB cant beat out the rookie and CK.... HE should be also shown the door.

I was starting to wonder about JB after game 4. The loss to the Texans, where they had 3 of 4 starting DBs out, and we couldnt pass, is where I gave up on JB.  Every game after that JB has proven my point. 

The guy does very poorly in the forth quarter, when average and good QBs tend to play better to help their team win.

JB GETS WORSE!

I like nice people and leaders, but if you cant do your job, even middle of the pack....  you gotta go. 

I am officially OVER with JB as the starting QB of the Colts.......

18 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

You nailed it!!!!!!!!!!!! This is what is happening!!!!!!!!!!! Great post. Yes, we have to try and keep trying to do what is required. The team has regressed this year and its because of JB. This injury thing with JB is a bunch of crap along with less then desired WR's. Please Mr. Ersay do what has to be done. The team will never go anywhere with this guy. 

Some of the debating over the "meaning" of the polls are kinda funny. The overwhelming majority do not feel JB is the answer. Call him average or below average, really doesn't matter. Chad Kelly getting a shot doesn't really matter either. Neither does JB starting till we find "the guy"....

Bottom line is most folks aren't happy and want something different and that was the million dollar question. How it all happens is another another question (actually multiple questions) altogether.