Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Why in the world would any team trade for a bad QB, with his contract?    If the Colts sign a veteran like Rivers, he will be released.   
    • I dont think he is going to be starting any time soon, if at all. But Ballard has made it clear that he has to prove himself trustworthy off the field before any significant playing time is permitted. The Colts arent going to just give you the starting job on talent alone, and they have made it abundantly clear that character matters to them above everything else. 
    • I find this whole debate wearisome. No matter what side one is on, in regards to Jacoby, one can find reasons to discount, or support him. Just because it seems obvious that one should feel a certain way, doesn't make it so.    I see a commonly used observation, that doesn't hold water for me. It's the "He's had 2 years a a starter" phrase. Of course has has been the starter for two years. However, in the first one, he literally came to the team and was thrust into a no win situation, where he is playing without even close to the amount of time needed to learn the playbook...and had to function behind a failing o-line. It was a challenge that many would have fared far worse in. Then, he again gets thrust into the role at the last minute, with the installed offenses tailored (As mentioned above) to another QB. On top of that, he not only dealt with his own injury, but .....if I am not mistaken.....with the historically worst WR injury season I can remember as a Colt fan.    So in the end, Jacoby may not make it as a starter for the Colts in the long run. but that cannot be absolutely determined at this time. It seems there are so many fans who are so sure that the Colts will start another QB next season, they are practically tipping over at the starting line in anticipation.    As a fan of this team, I WANT to see another year of Jacoby under center. The man has earned it, and frankly, I think he will deliver a solid year for the team. Even after that if the Colts decide to move on from him at that point, his value will double if he has the year I think he will.     
    • I think he's going to want a long term contract for pretty big bucks.  
    • I'd be happy to get Stafford too, but he's not a FA.
  • Members

• NannyMcafee

NannyMcafee 1,632

• Superfly

Superfly 3,662

• Colts7051

Colts7051 0

Rookie
    • GoColts8818

GoColts8818 9,524

• Four2itus

Four2itus 3,338