Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I don't think Ballard will trade up in the 1st for a WR. Any WR. Ever.  He's pretty much said that WR are severely overvalued in the draft. I personally wouldn't be mad if he did though. I'd probably prefer to go for a QB if there's one he loves, but I wouldn't get mad about it. I'm just excited to see how he handles the situation of needing a franchise QB in the next year or two.

I think if Ballard trades up in the first round it’s for a quarterback  and a QB only. 

Don’t see it happening for a WR.  Certainly not in this class.   Kiper has 16 WR’s currently in his top 64.   8 in the first,  8 more in the second.  The Colts look to have 3 picks in roughly the top 48.   So we should be able to draft a quality WR this year if we want to. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't even like either WR, so I wouldn't pick either even if they dropped to our third rounder.

I personally don't want a receiver in round 1 this year, but if Luck were still QB it would be intriguing. They are top-20 NFL talent for a reason, opinions aside.. 

3 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I personally don't want a receiver in round 1 this year, but if Luck were still QB it would be intriguing. They are top-20 NFL talent for a reason, opinions aside.. 

They are smallish, not smurf but they aren't that stout.  Certainly a top 20 talent for teams that need that player.  But both seem best suited as a replacement for TY, which I think is too soon for that.

There are always smallish fast guys coming out of the drafts.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

They are smallish, not smurf but they aren't that stout.  Certainly a top 20 talent for teams that need that player.  But both seem best suited as a replacement for TY, which I think is too soon for that.

There are always smallish fast guys coming out of the drafts.

They are both ~6'2 at 195'ish. Ceedee looks like he's closer to 200. Regardless, when does a kids weight mean ANYTHING when it comes to talent and producing? They are 19/20 year-old kids, they aren't done growing, and will get bigger if the choose to.. 

24 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

They are both ~6'2 at 195'ish. Ceedee looks like he's closer to 200. Regardless, when does a kids weight mean ANYTHING when it comes to talent and producing? They are 19/20 year-old kids, they aren't done growing, and will get bigger if the choose to.. 

Maybe.  They look not very tall but  thin to me.  We'll see how they measure at the combine.

I can’t see Ballard moving up for a WR. QB maybe but I see him moving back in this draft to gain more picks. He can grab depth and key positions. I see another WR added in FA. Maybe even a DT. He has to look at key guys to replace aging guys along that D line and he has been outspoken about getting that D to a prime level. I just wish we would stop with the high school zone coverage crap. 

36 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I can’t see Ballard moving up for a WR. QB maybe but I see him moving back in this draft to gain more picks. He can grab depth and key positions. I see another WR added in FA. Maybe even a DT. He has to look at key guys to replace aging guys along that D line and he has been outspoken about getting that D to a prime level. I just wish we would stop with the high school zone coverage crap. 

From what players have said and what Eberflus has said today it wasn’t the zone it was a lot of miscommunication.

• Like 1

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

We need to find a backup to Kenny Moore. Seemed like we had one in Taylor. What he does is so important to this team. Right now we have nobody to replicate it. 

I completely agree. You also have Ya-Din who has struggled bad at times being forced into a zone. I hope he grows for next year. Desir has been injured and up and down so we haven’t had the best coverage. We need another CB in my eyes. Not necessarily early but hopefully mid rounds. Depth and someone pushing for starts. Also a strong DT can be huge for us. Push that pocket allowing the zone to be more helpful. QB’s have to much time to pick us apart. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I completely agree. You also have Ya-Din who has struggled bad at times being forced into a zone. I hope he grows for next year. Desir has been injured and up and down so we haven’t had the best coverage. We need another CB in my eyes. Not necessarily early but hopefully mid rounds. Depth and someone pushing for starts. Also a strong DT can be huge for us. Push that pocket allowing the zone to be more helpful. QB’s have to much time to pick us apart. 

Or you could sign Marcus Peters in FA.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FalseStart said:

Would prefer trading back... Giving us 3 Seconds this year and 2 again next year... one more draft to go after depth. Plenty of prospects in round 2...

If you’re trading back from say 15 which is likely around where Indy will pick, they better get more than two 2nds. 

The trade up scenario I envisioned is a little different. Love will rise during the draft process so assuming the Colts finish around 14-16, I see Ballard trading up into the top 10 to get him. The other scenario I can see is if he somehow gets Love without trading up and then Kinlaw is still on the board. I could see him package both 2 rounders to get back into the 1st for him.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BProland85 said:

If you’re trading back from say 15 which is likely around where Indy will pick, they better get more than two 2nds. 

Hypotheticing a hypothetical! You guys are a riot.  :stir:
How is it so hard to understand that it it understood that The GM would understand that the value must be there? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Conspiracy theory about Jordan Love.  Ballard is a very shrewd GM when it comes to drafting.  Anyone thought that maybe he is pumping up Love's stock so another player will drop to him in the draft. 

Just saying... Must be Draft Season, lol

No. He hasn’t said anything about Love. It’s all speculation. Every GM should go watch and send scouts to games if you need a Qb. Rumor has it he was even scouting QB before Luck retired. Maybe that was because there was uncertainty around lucks shoulder but good GM watch everyone because you never know what will happen.

1 hour ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Conspiracy theory about Jordan Love.  Ballard is a very shrewd GM when it comes to drafting.  Anyone thought that maybe he is pumping up Love's stock so another player will drop to him in the draft. 

Just saying... Must be Draft Season, lol

you'd like that wouldn't you 

On 12/11/2019 at 10:17 AM, BProland85 said:

With how deep the WR class is this year, Ballard could still get a stud in round 2. Round 1 I would prefer going with a DT like Derrick Brown or Javon Kinlaw. 

If Ballard goes WR round 1, Lamb could still possibly be available without a trade up. 

My top 3 needs in round 1 is future QB or 1 of those two DT's I would take either one don't care who it is as long as it is an upgrade that will improve the defense and pass rush.

1 minute ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Harsh tones, lol.  I really don't care.  I know I am in the minority about support for JB but, if they decided to draft Jordan Love, guess what, I will still love and support my Colts and will support Love. 

chill yourself

sure but you would love it if we gave JB another 2 years or so to develop too lol

On 12/11/2019 at 10:26 AM, FalseStart said:

Would prefer trading back... Giving us 3 Seconds this year and 2 again next year... one more draft to go after depth. Plenty of prospects in round 2...

We need playmakers.

i thought Pittsburgh was crazy to give a 1st for Minkah.

i was mistaken.

our depth is much better than past seasons.  If a game-changing talent is there... take him.  Otherwise, because of our top of 2nd pick, we can gather picks.  We could also move up if we want.  Im gonna trust in Ballard and not stress about it.

i heard that orangutan Has already met with Jim and Chris to discuss the upcoming draft.

3 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

you mean being one of the top defensive players in the league? 

He's not even near the top for big's in the league let alone player(s). A couple blocks/g don't equate to being a "good" defensive player just like JB completing a few 20+ yard passes doesn't make him a "good" passer. However, you'll make excuses for one but trash the other.. haha 

34 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

He's not even near the top for big's in the league let alone player(s). A couple blocks/g don't equate to being a "good" defensive player just like JB completing a few 20+ yard passes doesn't make him a "good" passer. However, you'll make excuses for one but trash the other.. haha 

except it's been proven our D tanks without Turner because he is such a force at protecting the rim. JB isnt helping us in any way there is no comparison at all 

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

except it's been proven our D tanks without Turner because he is such a force at protecting the rim. JB isnt helping us in any way there is no comparison at all 

That's actually not true. The Pacers have proven they can win without him. They are 33 and 20 without him since he's been a Pacer. Sabonis even has a better defensive rating than Myles does this year AND can actually score and rebound as well. I don't think it's much of coincidence that with Sabonis getting starter minutes he's EASILY shown he's the all around much better player. 

The comparison?

4 years in the league(s) and still pretty much the same players they were in college, probably wouldn't get much in a trade for either one, and both are making ~18M this year. It doesn't get any more comparable than that... Myles' and Jacoby's ships have sailed. It's time to move on.

6 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

That's actually not true. The Pacers have proven they can win without him. They are 33 and 20 without him since he's been a Pacer. Sabonis even has a better defensive rating than Myles does this year AND can actually score and rebound as well. I don't think it's much of coincidence that with Sabonis getting starter minutes he's EASILY shown he's the all around much better player. 

The comparison?

4 years in the league(s) and still pretty much the same players they were in college, probably wouldn't get much in a trade for either one, and both are making ~18M this year. It doesn't get any more comparable than that... Myles' and Jacoby's ships have sailed. It's time to move on.

whatever you say lol