Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
EastStreet

Updated QB and Colts Mock Roundup 12/11/19

Recommended Posts

QB listing by mocks listed below, as well as position break down of Colts picks in various mocks.

 

Summary - What the mocks say the Colts will do
1. Mocks are starting to trend QB for Colts 3x1st, 1x2nd the last two weeks
2. DL still strong 5x1st, 3x2nd
3. WR all over the place 2x1st, 2x2nd, 2x3rd but trending later from previous weeks
4. Decent showing for CB

 

Summary - What the mocks are saying at QB
1. Burrow is going first in most mocks to the Bengals.
2. Tua is still the favorite for second QB taken, but Herbert is trending
3. Starting to see mocks were Miami skips QB this year
4. Love is starting to trend more and will likely increase now that he's declared.
5. The most common team for Love is the Colts and 1 for Eason.
6. The earliest Love is picked in 16th in all mocks below.
7. Fromm, Eason, and Hurtz are all over the place


What the mocks say the Colts do
Note (Service + 1, 2a, 2b, 3)

DE - NBC1, PNF2b, WF1
DT - DW1, NM2a, PFN2a, DG1, DN1
OL - MM3
QB - NM1, YA1, DG1b, WF2a
WR - DW2a, Fox1, NM3, MM2a, PFN1, WF3
CB - CBS1, DW3, MM1, WF2b
S - DW2b
TE - NM2b
RB - SN1
LB - MM2b, PFN3

 

NOTE - With our current draft capital, and current positioning, we could move up somewhere between 4th and 6th by trading our first and one of our seconds.... In other words, we can get a top 3 QB without sacrificing the future if that is what we want to do.


CBS
1. Bengals - Burrow
19. Jags - Herbert
30. Saints - Love

 

Fox
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Burrow
11. Brocos - Herbert

 

NBC
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
8. Chargers - Herbert

 

Sporting News
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
12. Panthers - Herbert
28. Saints - Hurts

 

Draftwire
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Herbert
30. Saints - Hurts
43. Panthers - Eason

 

Matt Miller
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Herbert
10. Chargers - Tua
49. Bears - Fromm
52. Titans - Eason
74. Jags - Hurts
79. Bucs - Love

 

Yahoo
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Herbert
17. Colts - Love
19. Titans - Eason

 

PFN
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Herbert
44. Bucs - Hurts
49. Bears - Fromm
52. Titans - Eason

 

Draft Network
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Herbert
8. Jags - Tua
29. Pats - Fromm

 

Draftgeek (predicts trades)
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
9. Panthers - Herbert
16. Titans - Love
32. Colts - Eason

 

Walter - Campbell
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Herbert
10. Chargers - Tua
19. Titans - Fromm
37. Colts - Eason
54. Steelers - Montez

 

NFL Mocks
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Herbert
17. Colts - Love
78. Panthers - Hurts
83. Titans - Eason
92. Saints - Fromm

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I had zero belief that Luck was not coming back in 2020, and I don’t feel like he will, I would be willing to give up some capital to get Burrow. Tua scares me as a huge risk-reward kind of kid. Love not being from a big college or having huge competition concerns me as well. Why did he chose that college? Don’t really know a great deal about him though. Guess we shall see 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

If I had zero belief that Luck was not coming back in 2020, and I don’t feel like he will, I would be willing to give up some capital to get Burrow. Tua scares me as a huge risk-reward kind of kid. Love not being from a big college or having huge competition concerns me as well. Why did he chose that college? Don’t really know a great deal about him though. Guess we shall see 

Love only had 5 offers from small schools. He had interest from Boise St and USC, but never an offer. Not sure how big/good his HS (Liberty) was in Cali, but it's not one that I've heard of a lot (and I follow recruiting pretty close). 

 

Short of the Bengals making the biggest mistake of the century, they're taking Burrow. I really don't want the injury baggage of Tua either. Give me Love or Herbert, and if either of them aren't available, I'd probably take a shot at Eason. No Fromm or Hurtz, although I think Hurtz could work in the right system.

 

I'm still undecided between Love and Herbert, but I think Love has the higher ceiling, and Herbert has the higher floor. Need to look at all of them closer after the season is done.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Why did he chose that college?

wasnt heavily recruited, he red shirted a year too

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read a few other things on Love's recruitment. Seems he didn't do the camp circuit nearly as much as the other national recruits. Have no idea why. Poor advertising lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Love only had 5 offers from small schools. He had interest from Boise St and USC, but never an offer. Not sure how big/good his HS (Liberty) was in Cali, but it's not one that I've heard of a lot (and I follow recruiting pretty close). 

 

Short of the Bengals making the biggest mistake of the century, they're taking Burrow. I really don't want the injury baggage of Tua either. Give me Love or Herbert, and if either of them aren't available, I'd probably take a shot at Eason. No Fromm or Hurtz, although I think Hurtz could work in the right system.

 

I'm still undecided between Love and Herbert, but I think Love has the higher ceiling, and Herbert has the higher floor. Need to look at all of them closer after the season is done.

I don’t look at any recruitment items and I barely follow any college teams outside of casually watching the Irish play. Kids take a lot of my time to follow their activities and such, which is my first love. I rely on a lot of information here on the forum and once I see someone I think I may like too, I’ll go take a casual look through their profile. 
 

so I always appreciate you guys/girls here who add content. What is it that makes you not like Fromm over a Love guy? I typically would rather take my selections over teams who play on bigger stages as those would typically be guys who were heavily recruited and demonstrated the most talent going into college. Some may not have developed or fit in but someone seen it at the onset and they went to get that guy.

 

It absolutely amazes me when teams hit on a TY Hilton type

player from some obscure team that 3/4 of the country never even knew existed. while not a huge school, Mahomes and Texas Tech at least was a named school that has had its share of big profile names in their sports programs, Bob Knight to name one. Texas being a god, guns and football state is also positive to get a productive player to come there over say Purdue or IU or Iowa state programs. So to have these scouts scour for every single guy from the Div 1 to Div 3 guys and hit on some higher levels and lower levels is incredible really. I just know if it were me scouting and picking, I’m hanging my hat on the bigger programs, at least for my 1-3 round guys maybe. It just seems like your boom to bust is limited much more in my head. 
 

So what’s your trait likes or dislikes generally about the top 5 QB prospects on the board? Things like Fromm has a top tier arm and Hurbert has limitations in his arm. What Evans of apples to apples on these top 5 would you list? Appreciate your evaluations 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I don’t look at any recruitment items and I barely follow any college teams outside of casually watching the Irish play. Kids take a lot of my time to follow their activities and such, which is my first love. I rely on a lot of information here on the forum and once I see someone I think I may like too, I’ll go take a casual look through their profile. 
 

so I always appreciate you guys/girls here who add content. What is it that makes you not like Fromm over a Love guy? I typically would rather take my selections over teams who play on bigger stages as those would typically be guys who were heavily recruited and demonstrated the most talent going into college. Some may not have developed or fit in but someone seen it at the onset and they went to get that guy.

 

It absolutely amazes me when teams hit on a TY Hilton type

player from some obscure team that 3/4 of the country never even knew existed. while not a huge school, Mahomes and Texas Tech at least was a named school that has had its share of big profile names in their sports programs, Bob Knight to name one. Texas being a god, guns and football state is also positive to get a productive player to come there over say Purdue or IU or Iowa state programs. So to have these scouts scour for every single guy from the Div 1 to Div 3 guys and hit on some higher levels and lower levels is incredible really. I just know if it were me scouting and picking, I’m hanging my hat on the bigger programs, at least for my 1-3 round guys maybe. It just seems like your boom to bust is limited much more in my head. 
 

So what’s your trait likes or dislikes generally about the top 5 QB prospects on the board? Things like Fromm has a top tier arm and Hurbert has limitations in his arm. What Evans of apples to apples on these top 5 would you list? Appreciate your evaluations 

Honestly I've not done enough research to say who I like best right now. My uninformed gut says Burrow, Love, Herbert, Tua, Eason, Hurtz in that order. I think it will likely end up being Burrow, Herbert, Love, Eason, Tua, Hurtz, but that's just a guess. I've seen enough of Fromm (live and TV) to know I don't like him. The injury history with Tua probably rules him out as well. Cinci is going to take Burrow, so he's out. So really it'll likely come down to Love and Herbert, with maybe Eason. We'll see. 

 

I'm in the research mode right now. After I'm done reading up on their scheme, supporting rosters, reviews, stats, etc.. I'll start watching film over the holidays. I'll likely post stuff along the way. Individual stuff at first, then some comparative. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, EastStreet said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-jordan-love-lands-with-raiders-eagles-prioritize-receiver-with-ceedee-lamb/

 

CBS's update now has 4 QBs going in the top 14.

Burrow (Cinci), Tua (Miami), Herbert (LAC), and now Love (OAK).

It wouldn't surprise me at all for Gruden to pick a QB. He has never been known to be patent at all for any QB. He has been looking for that Montana/Young type QB every since he was at San Francisco. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2019 at 7:35 AM, EastStreet said:

QB listing by mocks listed below, as well as position break down of Colts picks in various mocks.

 

Summary - What the mocks say the Colts will do
1. Mocks are starting to trend QB for Colts 3x1st, 1x2nd the last two weeks
2. DL still strong 5x1st, 3x2nd
3. WR all over the place 2x1st, 2x2nd, 2x3rd but trending later from previous weeks
4. Decent showing for CB

 

Summary - What the mocks are saying at QB
1. Burrow is going first in most mocks to the Bengals.
2. Tua is still the favorite for second QB taken, but Herbert is trending
3. Starting to see mocks were Miami skips QB this year
4. Love is starting to trend more and will likely increase now that he's declared.
5. The most common team for Love is the Colts and 1 for Eason.
6. The earliest Love is picked in 16th in all mocks below.
7. Fromm, Eason, and Hurtz are all over the place


What the mocks say the Colts do
Note (Service + 1, 2a, 2b, 3)

DE - NBC1, PNF2b, WF1
DT - DW1, NM2a, PFN2a, DG1, DN1
OL - MM3
QB - NM1, YA1, DG1b, WF2a
WR - DW2a, Fox1, NM3, MM2a, PFN1, WF3
CB - CBS1, DW3, MM1, WF2b
S - DW2b
TE - NM2b
RB - SN1
LB - MM2b, PFN3

 

NOTE - With our current draft capital, and current positioning, we could move up somewhere between 4th and 6th by trading our first and one of our seconds.... In other words, we can get a top 3 QB without sacrificing the future if that is what we want to do.


CBS
1. Bengals - Burrow
19. Jags - Herbert
30. Saints - Love

 

Fox
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Burrow
11. Brocos - Herbert

 

NBC
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
8. Chargers - Herbert

 

Sporting News
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
12. Panthers - Herbert
28. Saints - Hurts

 

Draftwire
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Herbert
30. Saints - Hurts
43. Panthers - Eason

 

Matt Miller
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Herbert
10. Chargers - Tua
49. Bears - Fromm
52. Titans - Eason
74. Jags - Hurts
79. Bucs - Love

 

Yahoo
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Herbert
17. Colts - Love
19. Titans - Eason

 

PFN
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Herbert
44. Bucs - Hurts
49. Bears - Fromm
52. Titans - Eason

 

Draft Network
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Herbert
8. Jags - Tua
29. Pats - Fromm

 

Draftgeek (predicts trades)
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
9. Panthers - Herbert
16. Titans - Love
32. Colts - Eason

 

Walter - Campbell
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Herbert
10. Chargers - Tua
19. Titans - Fromm
37. Colts - Eason
54. Steelers - Montez

 

NFL Mocks
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Herbert
17. Colts - Love
78. Panthers - Hurts
83. Titans - Eason
92. Saints - Fromm

another great post, great read, you sure put a lot of work in your posts, great job.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It wouldn't surprise me at all for Gruden to pick a QB. He has never been known to be patent at all for any QB. He has been looking for that Montana/Young type QB every since he was at San Francisco. 

With Carr having a top 10ish QBR and 70% completion %, perhaps his common sense will overpower his impatience given their bottom 4 points allowed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

another great post, great read, you sure put a lot of work in your posts, great job.

I'm a FB junkie, and figure it's good to share if I'm going to spend the time researching anyway.  Thanks again for the kind words.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

With Carr having a top 10ish QBR and 70% completion %, perhaps his common sense will overpower his impatience given their bottom 4 points allowed.

Maybe, but I doubt it. haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Maybe, but I doubt it. haha

I think he'll add a WR, which will make Carr look even better. 

I'm gonna guess they take WR and CB in their first 3 picks. He'll probably take DL or LB as well. 

Given his contract, he's not in a situation where he's forced to be great overnight. They've definitely improved this year, and the right draft can put them right in the thick of things. If they prioritize QB, I don't see a lot of improvement, and perhaps even a step back. I'd bet a decent amount of money that if they give Carr a 1st or 2nd round WR, they'd have a top 10 passing O.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think he'll add a WR, which will make Carr look even better. 

I'm gonna guess they take WR and CB in their first 3 picks. He'll probably take DL or LB as well. 

Given his contract, he's not in a situation where he's forced to be great overnight. They've definitely improved this year, and the right draft can put them right in the thick of things. If they prioritize QB, I don't see a lot of improvement, and perhaps even a step back. I'd bet a decent amount of money that if they give Carr a 1st or 2nd round WR, they'd have a top 10 passing O.

The thing about Gruden is history tells us he gets worse with time. 

Take the super bowl that was gift wrapped for him and his track record is not that impressive. 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The thing about Gruden is history tells us he gets worse with time. 

Take the super bowl that was gift wrapped for him and his track record is not that impressive. 

I think old age may have changed him for the better. He's still cocky, but I'd hope he's a bit wiser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I think old age may have changed him for the better. He's still cocky, but I'd hope he's a bit wiser.

Could be?  With his picks last year and this years combined there should be some serious upgrades on that roster. Only time holds that answer. 

With that long term 10 million dollar contract  I am sure Mark Davis wants results sooner than later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Could be?  With his picks last year and this years combined there should be some serious upgrades on that roster. Only time holds that answer. 

With that long term 10 million dollar contract  I am sure Mark Davis wants results sooner than later. 

That pass D is still pretty bad, and they really need to upgrade at LB and DL. 

We'll see. Pass D is definitely the worst out of the 4 primary units. On O, the biggest need is a WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2019 at 7:35 AM, EastStreet said:

QB listing by mocks listed below, as well as position break down of Colts picks in various mocks.

 

Summary - What the mocks say the Colts will do
1. Mocks are starting to trend QB for Colts 3x1st, 1x2nd the last two weeks
2. DL still strong 5x1st, 3x2nd
3. WR all over the place 2x1st, 2x2nd, 2x3rd but trending later from previous weeks
4. Decent showing for CB

 

Summary - What the mocks are saying at QB
1. Burrow is going first in most mocks to the Bengals.
2. Tua is still the favorite for second QB taken, but Herbert is trending
3. Starting to see mocks were Miami skips QB this year
4. Love is starting to trend more and will likely increase now that he's declared.
5. The most common team for Love is the Colts and 1 for Eason.
6. The earliest Love is picked in 16th in all mocks below.
7. Fromm, Eason, and Hurtz are all over the place


What the mocks say the Colts do
Note (Service + 1, 2a, 2b, 3)

DE - NBC1, PNF2b, WF1
DT - DW1, NM2a, PFN2a, DG1, DN1
OL - MM3
QB - NM1, YA1, DG1b, WF2a
WR - DW2a, Fox1, NM3, MM2a, PFN1, WF3
CB - CBS1, DW3, MM1, WF2b
S - DW2b
TE - NM2b
RB - SN1
LB - MM2b, PFN3

 

NOTE - With our current draft capital, and current positioning, we could move up somewhere between 4th and 6th by trading our first and one of our seconds.... In other words, we can get a top 3 QB without sacrificing the future if that is what we want to do.


CBS
1. Bengals - Burrow
19. Jags - Herbert
30. Saints - Love

 

Fox
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Burrow
11. Brocos - Herbert

 

NBC
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
8. Chargers - Herbert

 

Sporting News
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
12. Panthers - Herbert
28. Saints - Hurts

 

Draftwire
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Herbert
30. Saints - Hurts
43. Panthers - Eason

 

Matt Miller
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Herbert
10. Chargers - Tua
49. Bears - Fromm
52. Titans - Eason
74. Jags - Hurts
79. Bucs - Love

 

Yahoo
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Herbert
17. Colts - Love
19. Titans - Eason

 

PFN
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Herbert
44. Bucs - Hurts
49. Bears - Fromm
52. Titans - Eason

 

Draft Network
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Herbert
8. Jags - Tua
29. Pats - Fromm

 

Draftgeek (predicts trades)
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
9. Panthers - Herbert
16. Titans - Love
32. Colts - Eason

 

Walter - Campbell
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Herbert
10. Chargers - Tua
19. Titans - Fromm
37. Colts - Eason
54. Steelers - Montez

 

NFL Mocks
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Herbert
17. Colts - Love
78. Panthers - Hurts
83. Titans - Eason
92. Saints - Fromm

Who needs to go to any other site when we have you, great work :thmup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Who needs to go to any other site when we have you, great work :thmup:

 

I love enabling the lazy :headspin:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watch a YouTube account called strong opinion sports. He is an ex college QB who watches lots of tape and has good breakdowns. He says that Love has Patrick Mahomes talent and needs to sit behind a veteran QB to learn good habits. Carrying a bad team caused him to learn bad habits and hurt his development. He does not like Eason at all. He thinks Fromm is a good leader but is not super talented. He was surrounded by great players and still struggled somewhat. And of course he loves Burrow.  Who doesn’t ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

I watch a YouTube account called strong opinion sports. He is an ex college QB who watches lots of tape and has good breakdowns. He says that Love has Patrick Mahomes talent and needs to sit behind a veteran QB to learn good habits. Carrying a bad team caused him to learn bad habits and hurt his development. He does not like Eason at all. He thinks Fromm is a good leader but is not super talented. He was surrounded by great players and still struggled somewhat. And of course he loves Burrow.  Who doesn’t ?

I have similar thoughts on Love, but not sure what happened this year is something he's "learned". I think it was just a little unavoidable given all changes to the program, and a product of him being asked to do too much. Not sure if the bad would carry over to a better situation and better coaching.

 

I agree on Fromm. I'm still up in the air on Eason. Did he say anything about Herbert?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2019 at 9:12 PM, crazycolt1 said:

It wouldn't surprise me at all for Gruden to pick a QB. He has never been known to be patent at all for any QB. He has been looking for that Montana/Young type QB every since he was at San Francisco. 


I’m curious as to why would Gruden pick a QB when his offense doesn’t have a true WR1 and other needs. Their TE leads the team in receiving yards and none of their receivers are even close to his total.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:


I’m curious as to why would Gruden pick a QB when his offense doesn’t have a true WR1 and other needs. Their TE leads the team in receiving yards and none of their receivers are even close to his total.  

I think the raiders have 2 or 3 first round picks. They can do both if they want to. I suspect though they might stick with Carr a little longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:


I’m curious as to why would Gruden pick a QB when his offense doesn’t have a true WR1 and other needs. Their TE leads the team in receiving yards and none of their receivers are even close to his total.  

The need both WR and DB big time. Probably DE too, or a good rushing DT. No WR1, and one of the poorer passing Ds in the league. Carr is doing a very good job given the state of WR.

15 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think the raiders have 2 or 3 first round picks. They can do both if they want to. I suspect though they might stick with Carr a little longer.

They have two, their own, plus one from the Bears. Both will be middle rounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw a mock with the Colts taking Kinlaw in the 1st then Devonta Smith with the Skins pick, I like that a lot. Doesn't solve the QB problem, but solves 2 others. I'd almost rather go Qb early in the draft and fill other holes in FA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I have seen some noise Miami might take Herbert over TUA. Someone great will be there at 13.  A WR, DT, or QB. Someone will drop.
    • I'd be excited to have a year or two of Rivers mentoring a young guy like Love, Eason, Fromm... And choosing to draft a LT or DL at 13.  It's probably not likely that they trade up to get what looks to a less than usually talented third QB in the draft, so why not see if Rivers can do better than last year's JB with a better line, and organization around him.   He makes iffy decisions, but the guy can read a defense, and has a ton of experience to impart.
    • Brett Veach on Ross Tucker podcast talking about scouting Patrick Mahomes: https://www.podcastone.com/episode/Chiefs-GM-Brett-Veach   (they start talking about Mahomes at about the 14:45 mark, I will skip some things and will quote some things too)   I feel very similarly about Jordan Love - great athlete, great mobility, can throw off any platform, very strong arm, makes some ridiculous throws. Was forcing a ton of throws because he knew he had to drag his team forward with the horrible talent around him. Match him up with Frank Reich, who himself has experience developing a young talented QB in Wentz, and let him work on his decisionmaking and focusing his talent in a more productive/efficient direction.    But the last part, about his football smarts, is the part we won't really know anything about, but Reich and Ballard will have the chance to see on what level he is. It will be very important for his evaluation - how smart is he, what's his understanding of football concepts, can he remember plays and walk you through them and run them, can he handle the mental aspects of being a QB in the league? Is there anything off-field to concern you? Etc. Those are things Ballard, Reich and Brian Decker will have to answer before you invest big draft assets into him. 
    • I will be curious to see if 3-4 OTs go before our pick... Browns, Arizona, Jets, Giants, etc...all need online help. Raiders need WRs... I see CeeDee going to Arizona...to play with his college buddy. Jeudy to the Raiders... wondering who the random guy that always seems to get selected in the top 10-15 picks will be this year. 
    • 49ers select Jeff Gladney CB with consecutive TCU players coming off the board. Chiefs are up
  • Members

    • stitches

      stitches 7,265

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsfanmurf

      coltsfanmurf 25

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Colt.45

      Colt.45 99

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Indyfan4life

      Indyfan4life 1,275

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • HOZER

      HOZER 4,230

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • cdgacoltsfan

      cdgacoltsfan 348

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • joecolts

      joecolts 6

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Chloe6124

      Chloe6124 6,572

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Catloaf

      Catloaf 135

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Shafty138

      Shafty138 1,570

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...