Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Updated QB and Colts Mock Roundup 12/11/19

QB listing by mocks listed below, as well as position break down of Colts picks in various mocks.

Summary - What the mocks say the Colts will do
1. Mocks are starting to trend QB for Colts 3x1st, 1x2nd the last two weeks
2. DL still strong 5x1st, 3x2nd
3. WR all over the place 2x1st, 2x2nd, 2x3rd but trending later from previous weeks
4. Decent showing for CB

Summary - What the mocks are saying at QB
1. Burrow is going first in most mocks to the Bengals.
2. Tua is still the favorite for second QB taken, but Herbert is trending
3. Starting to see mocks were Miami skips QB this year
4. Love is starting to trend more and will likely increase now that he's declared.
5. The most common team for Love is the Colts and 1 for Eason.
6. The earliest Love is picked in 16th in all mocks below.
7. Fromm, Eason, and Hurtz are all over the place

What the mocks say the Colts do
Note (Service + 1, 2a, 2b, 3)

DE - NBC1, PNF2b, WF1
DT - DW1, NM2a, PFN2a, DG1, DN1
OL - MM3
QB - NM1, YA1, DG1b, WF2a
WR - DW2a, Fox1, NM3, MM2a, PFN1, WF3
CB - CBS1, DW3, MM1, WF2b
S - DW2b
TE - NM2b
RB - SN1
LB - MM2b, PFN3

NOTE - With our current draft capital, and current positioning, we could move up somewhere between 4th and 6th by trading our first and one of our seconds.... In other words, we can get a top 3 QB without sacrificing the future if that is what we want to do.

CBS
1. Bengals - Burrow
19. Jags - Herbert
30. Saints - Love

Fox
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Burrow
11. Brocos - Herbert

NBC
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
8. Chargers - Herbert

Sporting News
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
12. Panthers - Herbert
28. Saints - Hurts

Draftwire
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Herbert
30. Saints - Hurts
43. Panthers - Eason

Matt Miller
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Herbert
10. Chargers - Tua
49. Bears - Fromm
52. Titans - Eason
74. Jags - Hurts
79. Bucs - Love

Yahoo
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Herbert
17. Colts - Love
19. Titans - Eason

PFN
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Herbert
44. Bucs - Hurts
49. Bears - Fromm
52. Titans - Eason

Draft Network
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Herbert
8. Jags - Tua
29. Pats - Fromm

Draftgeek (predicts trades)
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
9. Panthers - Herbert
16. Titans - Love
32. Colts - Eason

Walter - Campbell
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Herbert
10. Chargers - Tua
19. Titans - Fromm
37. Colts - Eason
54. Steelers - Montez

NFL Mocks
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Herbert
17. Colts - Love
78. Panthers - Hurts
83. Titans - Eason
92. Saints - Fromm

• Like 5

If I had zero belief that Luck was not coming back in 2020, and I don’t feel like he will, I would be willing to give up some capital to get Burrow. Tua scares me as a huge risk-reward kind of kid. Love not being from a big college or having huge competition concerns me as well. Why did he chose that college? Don’t really know a great deal about him though. Guess we shall see 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

If I had zero belief that Luck was not coming back in 2020, and I don’t feel like he will, I would be willing to give up some capital to get Burrow. Tua scares me as a huge risk-reward kind of kid. Love not being from a big college or having huge competition concerns me as well. Why did he chose that college? Don’t really know a great deal about him though. Guess we shall see 

Love only had 5 offers from small schools. He had interest from Boise St and USC, but never an offer. Not sure how big/good his HS (Liberty) was in Cali, but it's not one that I've heard of a lot (and I follow recruiting pretty close). 

Short of the Bengals making the biggest mistake of the century, they're taking Burrow. I really don't want the injury baggage of Tua either. Give me Love or Herbert, and if either of them aren't available, I'd probably take a shot at Eason. No Fromm or Hurtz, although I think Hurtz could work in the right system.

I'm still undecided between Love and Herbert, but I think Love has the higher ceiling, and Herbert has the higher floor. Need to look at all of them closer after the season is done.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Love only had 5 offers from small schools. He had interest from Boise St and USC, but never an offer. Not sure how big/good his HS (Liberty) was in Cali, but it's not one that I've heard of a lot (and I follow recruiting pretty close). 

Short of the Bengals making the biggest mistake of the century, they're taking Burrow. I really don't want the injury baggage of Tua either. Give me Love or Herbert, and if either of them aren't available, I'd probably take a shot at Eason. No Fromm or Hurtz, although I think Hurtz could work in the right system.

I'm still undecided between Love and Herbert, but I think Love has the higher ceiling, and Herbert has the higher floor. Need to look at all of them closer after the season is done.

I don’t look at any recruitment items and I barely follow any college teams outside of casually watching the Irish play. Kids take a lot of my time to follow their activities and such, which is my first love. I rely on a lot of information here on the forum and once I see someone I think I may like too, I’ll go take a casual look through their profile. 

so I always appreciate you guys/girls here who add content. What is it that makes you not like Fromm over a Love guy? I typically would rather take my selections over teams who play on bigger stages as those would typically be guys who were heavily recruited and demonstrated the most talent going into college. Some may not have developed or fit in but someone seen it at the onset and they went to get that guy.

It absolutely amazes me when teams hit on a TY Hilton type

player from some obscure team that 3/4 of the country never even knew existed. while not a huge school, Mahomes and Texas Tech at least was a named school that has had its share of big profile names in their sports programs, Bob Knight to name one. Texas being a god, guns and football state is also positive to get a productive player to come there over say Purdue or IU or Iowa state programs. So to have these scouts scour for every single guy from the Div 1 to Div 3 guys and hit on some higher levels and lower levels is incredible really. I just know if it were me scouting and picking, I’m hanging my hat on the bigger programs, at least for my 1-3 round guys maybe. It just seems like your boom to bust is limited much more in my head. 

So what’s your trait likes or dislikes generally about the top 5 QB prospects on the board? Things like Fromm has a top tier arm and Hurbert has limitations in his arm. What Evans of apples to apples on these top 5 would you list? Appreciate your evaluations 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I don’t look at any recruitment items and I barely follow any college teams outside of casually watching the Irish play. Kids take a lot of my time to follow their activities and such, which is my first love. I rely on a lot of information here on the forum and once I see someone I think I may like too, I’ll go take a casual look through their profile. 

so I always appreciate you guys/girls here who add content. What is it that makes you not like Fromm over a Love guy? I typically would rather take my selections over teams who play on bigger stages as those would typically be guys who were heavily recruited and demonstrated the most talent going into college. Some may not have developed or fit in but someone seen it at the onset and they went to get that guy.

It absolutely amazes me when teams hit on a TY Hilton type

player from some obscure team that 3/4 of the country never even knew existed. while not a huge school, Mahomes and Texas Tech at least was a named school that has had its share of big profile names in their sports programs, Bob Knight to name one. Texas being a god, guns and football state is also positive to get a productive player to come there over say Purdue or IU or Iowa state programs. So to have these scouts scour for every single guy from the Div 1 to Div 3 guys and hit on some higher levels and lower levels is incredible really. I just know if it were me scouting and picking, I’m hanging my hat on the bigger programs, at least for my 1-3 round guys maybe. It just seems like your boom to bust is limited much more in my head. 

So what’s your trait likes or dislikes generally about the top 5 QB prospects on the board? Things like Fromm has a top tier arm and Hurbert has limitations in his arm. What Evans of apples to apples on these top 5 would you list? Appreciate your evaluations 

Honestly I've not done enough research to say who I like best right now. My uninformed gut says Burrow, Love, Herbert, Tua, Eason, Hurtz in that order. I think it will likely end up being Burrow, Herbert, Love, Eason, Tua, Hurtz, but that's just a guess. I've seen enough of Fromm (live and TV) to know I don't like him. The injury history with Tua probably rules him out as well. Cinci is going to take Burrow, so he's out. So really it'll likely come down to Love and Herbert, with maybe Eason. We'll see. 

I'm in the research mode right now. After I'm done reading up on their scheme, supporting rosters, reviews, stats, etc.. I'll start watching film over the holidays. I'll likely post stuff along the way. Individual stuff at first, then some comparative. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, EastStreet said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-jordan-love-lands-with-raiders-eagles-prioritize-receiver-with-ceedee-lamb/

CBS's update now has 4 QBs going in the top 14.

Burrow (Cinci), Tua (Miami), Herbert (LAC), and now Love (OAK).

It wouldn't surprise me at all for Gruden to pick a QB. He has never been known to be patent at all for any QB. He has been looking for that Montana/Young type QB every since he was at San Francisco. 

On 12/11/2019 at 7:35 AM, EastStreet said:

QB listing by mocks listed below, as well as position break down of Colts picks in various mocks.

3. WR all over the place 2x1st, 2x2nd, 2x3rd but trending later from previous weeks
4. Decent showing for CB

4. Love is starting to trend more and will likely increase now that he's declared.

DE - NBC1, PNF2b, WF1
OL - MM3
S - DW2b
TE - NM2b
RB - SN1
LB - MM2b, PFN3

NOTE - With our current draft capital, and current positioning, we could move up somewhere between 4th and 6th by trading our first and one of our seconds.... In other words, we can get a top 3 QB without sacrificing the future if that is what we want to do.

CBS
1. Bengals - Burrow
19. Jags - Herbert
30. Saints - Love

Fox
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Burrow
11. Brocos - Herbert

NBC
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
8. Chargers - Herbert

Sporting News
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
12. Panthers - Herbert
28. Saints - Hurts

Draftwire
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Herbert
30. Saints - Hurts
43. Panthers - Eason

Matt Miller
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Herbert
10. Chargers - Tua
49. Bears - Fromm
52. Titans - Eason
74. Jags - Hurts
79. Bucs - Love

Yahoo
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Herbert
17. Colts - Love
19. Titans - Eason

PFN
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Herbert
44. Bucs - Hurts
49. Bears - Fromm
52. Titans - Eason

Draft Network
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Herbert
8. Jags - Tua
29. Pats - Fromm

1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
9. Panthers - Herbert
16. Titans - Love
32. Colts - Eason

Walter - Campbell
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Herbert
10. Chargers - Tua
19. Titans - Fromm
37. Colts - Eason
54. Steelers - Montez

NFL Mocks
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Herbert
17. Colts - Love
78. Panthers - Hurts
83. Titans - Eason
92. Saints - Fromm

another great post, great read, you sure put a lot of work in your posts, great job.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It wouldn't surprise me at all for Gruden to pick a QB. He has never been known to be patent at all for any QB. He has been looking for that Montana/Young type QB every since he was at San Francisco. 

With Carr having a top 10ish QBR and 70% completion %, perhaps his common sense will overpower his impatience given their bottom 4 points allowed.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Maybe, but I doubt it. haha

I think he'll add a WR, which will make Carr look even better. 

I'm gonna guess they take WR and CB in their first 3 picks. He'll probably take DL or LB as well. 

Given his contract, he's not in a situation where he's forced to be great overnight. They've definitely improved this year, and the right draft can put them right in the thick of things. If they prioritize QB, I don't see a lot of improvement, and perhaps even a step back. I'd bet a decent amount of money that if they give Carr a 1st or 2nd round WR, they'd have a top 10 passing O.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think he'll add a WR, which will make Carr look even better. 

I'm gonna guess they take WR and CB in their first 3 picks. He'll probably take DL or LB as well. 

Given his contract, he's not in a situation where he's forced to be great overnight. They've definitely improved this year, and the right draft can put them right in the thick of things. If they prioritize QB, I don't see a lot of improvement, and perhaps even a step back. I'd bet a decent amount of money that if they give Carr a 1st or 2nd round WR, they'd have a top 10 passing O.

The thing about Gruden is history tells us he gets worse with time. 

Take the super bowl that was gift wrapped for him and his track record is not that impressive. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The thing about Gruden is history tells us he gets worse with time. 

Take the super bowl that was gift wrapped for him and his track record is not that impressive. 

I think old age may have changed him for the better. He's still cocky, but I'd hope he's a bit wiser.

18 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I think old age may have changed him for the better. He's still cocky, but I'd hope he's a bit wiser.

Could be?  With his picks last year and this years combined there should be some serious upgrades on that roster. Only time holds that answer. 

With that long term 10 million dollar contract  I am sure Mark Davis wants results sooner than later. 

12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Could be?  With his picks last year and this years combined there should be some serious upgrades on that roster. Only time holds that answer. 

With that long term 10 million dollar contract  I am sure Mark Davis wants results sooner than later. 

That pass D is still pretty bad, and they really need to upgrade at LB and DL. 

We'll see. Pass D is definitely the worst out of the 4 primary units. On O, the biggest need is a WR.

On 12/11/2019 at 7:35 AM, EastStreet said:

4. Decent showing for CB

DE - NBC1, PNF2b, WF1
OL - MM3
S - DW2b
TE - NM2b
RB - SN1
LB - MM2b, PFN3

CBS
1. Bengals - Burrow
19. Jags - Herbert
30. Saints - Love

Fox
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Burrow
11. Brocos - Herbert

NBC
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
8. Chargers - Herbert

Sporting News
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
12. Panthers - Herbert
28. Saints - Hurts

Draftwire
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Herbert
30. Saints - Hurts
43. Panthers - Eason

Matt Miller
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Herbert
10. Chargers - Tua
49. Bears - Fromm
52. Titans - Eason
74. Jags - Hurts
79. Bucs - Love

Yahoo
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Herbert
17. Colts - Love
19. Titans - Eason

PFN
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Herbert
44. Bucs - Hurts
49. Bears - Fromm
52. Titans - Eason

Draft Network
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Herbert
8. Jags - Tua
29. Pats - Fromm

1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
9. Panthers - Herbert
16. Titans - Love
32. Colts - Eason

Walter - Campbell
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Herbert
10. Chargers - Tua
19. Titans - Fromm
37. Colts - Eason
54. Steelers - Montez

NFL Mocks
1. Bengals - Burrow
4. Dolphins - Tua
10. Chargers - Herbert
17. Colts - Love
78. Panthers - Hurts
83. Titans - Eason
92. Saints - Fromm

Who needs to go to any other site when we have you, great work :thmup:

I watch a YouTube account called strong opinion sports. He is an ex college QB who watches lots of tape and has good breakdowns. He says that Love has Patrick Mahomes talent and needs to sit behind a veteran QB to learn good habits. Carrying a bad team caused him to learn bad habits and hurt his development. He does not like Eason at all. He thinks Fromm is a good leader but is not super talented. He was surrounded by great players and still struggled somewhat. And of course he loves Burrow.  Who doesn’t ?

11 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

I watch a YouTube account called strong opinion sports. He is an ex college QB who watches lots of tape and has good breakdowns. He says that Love has Patrick Mahomes talent and needs to sit behind a veteran QB to learn good habits. Carrying a bad team caused him to learn bad habits and hurt his development. He does not like Eason at all. He thinks Fromm is a good leader but is not super talented. He was surrounded by great players and still struggled somewhat. And of course he loves Burrow.  Who doesn’t ?

I have similar thoughts on Love, but not sure what happened this year is something he's "learned". I think it was just a little unavoidable given all changes to the program, and a product of him being asked to do too much. Not sure if the bad would carry over to a better situation and better coaching.

I agree on Fromm. I'm still up in the air on Eason. Did he say anything about Herbert?

On 12/12/2019 at 9:12 PM, crazycolt1 said:

I’m curious as to why would Gruden pick a QB when his offense doesn’t have a true WR1 and other needs. Their TE leads the team in receiving yards and none of their receivers are even close to his total.  

4 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

I’m curious as to why would Gruden pick a QB when his offense doesn’t have a true WR1 and other needs. Their TE leads the team in receiving yards and none of their receivers are even close to his total.  

I think the raiders have 2 or 3 first round picks. They can do both if they want to. I suspect though they might stick with Carr a little longer.

15 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:

The need both WR and DB big time. Probably DE too, or a good rushing DT. No WR1, and one of the poorer passing Ds in the league. Carr is doing a very good job given the state of WR.

15 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think the raiders have 2 or 3 first round picks. They can do both if they want to. I suspect though they might stick with Carr a little longer.

They have two, their own, plus one from the Bears. Both will be middle rounds.