Indianapolis Colts
hambone35

If Eberflus was to walk?

So if Eberflus, was to get offered a head coach job and walked, who could we get to replace him that would be and upgrade?

I kinda doubt Eberflus will get a HC position (or selfishly hope he won't), mostly because of the popular trend to go with offensive minds, but if he does...at first I thought maybe a promotion within the staff...Mike Phair, DL coach, seems to come from the same sort of philosophy as Ballard. Or maybe the LBer coach, Borgonzi. Although neither of them really have any play calling experience...I think Phair was a co-DC for a year at Illinois but not much otherwise.

It's an interesting question though.

John Butler, defensive backs coach of the Buffalo Bills. 

He's in his 2nd year with Buffalo after spending 4 years with the Texans, 2 years with Penn State

2018 Buffalo

#1 Pass Def. & #2 Total Def.

2019 Buffalo

#3 Pass Def.  & #3 Total Def.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Can’t imagine any team would offer him an HC job with how poor the team is performing.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GoColts00 said:

He's in his 2nd year with Buffalo after spending 4 years with the Texans, 2 years with Penn State

2018 Buffalo

2019 Buffalo

It is clear this guy has regressed year over year :sarcasm:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If Ron Rivera doesn’t get a head coaching job he would be a good candidate.

That would be great, but I don't think so.    He'll be a head coach.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Rex Ryan 

I can't lie I always loved him in terms of D Coordinator. He wasn't a good coach, but can definitely coach up a D.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, IinD said:

I can't lie I always loved him in terms of D Coordinator. He wasn't a good coach, but can definitely coach up a D.

I would be thrilled if we brought him in.

• Like 1

Question:  If Eberflus was to walk?

Answer:  I'm not sure I would care.

14 hours ago, GoColts00 said:

2018 Buffalo

2019 Buffalo

You know what's amazing? They just played two of the best offenses in the league, and their defensive rankings improved. The Bills D is for real. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Superman said:

You know what's amazing? They just played two of the best offenses in the league, and their defensive rankings improved. The Bills D is for real. 

I agree, that Def is great.

Penn State almost always has a good defense. The Texans, while Butler was there, was one of the best Defenses, and now he's with the Bills and their Defense is great too. This guy has a track record and I think it would behoove us to bring him onboard. 

21 hours ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Rex Ryan 

he was a head coach for 8 years and is at espn now.  i would be surprised if he took a DC job 

26 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

he was a head coach for 8 years and is at espn now.  i would be surprised if he took a DC job 

He wants a head coaching job ,not any offers .Might try to take a d coordinator job in right spot .Then the hope if he does well maybe he gets a offer .

Chuck has done a great job with the Bears, I would welcome him back with open arms.  Make for a great story.

• Haha 1

On 12/10/2019 at 11:04 PM, GoColts00 said:

2018 Buffalo

2019 Buffalo

and they play press man  i’d be happy :)

• Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 9:52 PM, Mr.Debonair said:

Kris Richard

This would be my choice assuming they want to stay with the same scheme.  However I don't think Eberflus is going anywhere.

On 12/11/2019 at 11:00 PM, ojsglove said:

Chuck has done a great job with the Bears, I would welcome him back with open arms.  Make for a great story.

Nope that defense was better with Fangio.

3 hours ago, GwinnettColt said:

I'd want Ron Rivera but I think he'll end up somewhere in the NFL or a big college HC position.

I would take him.

On 12/11/2019 at 11:00 PM, ojsglove said:

My biggest problem with bringing Chuck back would be that Ballard would have to almost completely start over in terms of defensive personnel

• Like 2