Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
GoColts00

A.J. Dillon, RB, Boston College

Recommended Posts

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2638165-aj-dillon-displays-freak-athleticism-will-be-all-purpose-back-at-michigan.amp.html

"Standing 6'1", 239 pounds, Dillon clocked a 4.56 in the 40-yard dash and a 4.29 in the shuttle. His athleticism (38.3-inch jump) and strength (40-foot toss) were also on display, earning him SPARQ (speed, power, agility, reaction and quickness) ratings MVP honors for a second-straight year."

 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/aj-dillon-1.html

 

Freshman 2017.  1500+ yds Rushing

Sophomore 2018. 1100+ yds 

Junior. 2019.          1600+ yds

 

RB isn't high on my "Colts need" list, but A.J. Dillon is the perfect complimentary RB for this Team. Even at 249lbs he's still running a 4.5 40-yd and he doesn't get injured like Mack bc of his size.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Dillon, but he is what he is, a between the tackles RB with zero value to the passing game. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I like Dillon, but he is what he is, a between the tackles RB with zero value to the passing game. 

Idk about "zero value" in the passing game. He would be able to set up Play-action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, GoColts00 said:

 

RB isn't high on my "Colts need" list, but A.J. Dillon is the perfect complimentary RB for this Team. Even at 249lbs he's still running a 4.5 40-yd and he doesn't get injured like Mack bc of his size.

 

Knowing the colts they will make him loss weight to get down to 220 and bam injury bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Knowing the colts they will make him loss weight to get down to 220 and bam injury bug.

Lol. U never know. That would be:loco:

 

If the guy is already running a 4.5 @ 249lbs I would leave him at that weight, but that's me..haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, GoColts00 said:

Lol. U never know. That would be:loco:

 

If the guy is already running a 4.5 @ 249lbs I would leave him at that weight, but that's me..haha

you would leave him yeah but remember the Colts want to get lighter and faster because well that always worked in the past.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

you would leave him yeah but remember the Colts want to get lighter and faster because well that always worked in the past.

That has been their M.O.  I can only hope they're learning from the past

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, GoColts00 said:

That has been their M.O.  I can only hope they're learning from the past

Remember Darius Leonard weight out of the draft was 234 and he was a beast and was everywhere. Now he drops down to 218 and bam injuries/

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Knowing the colts they will make him loss weight to get down to 220 and bam injury bug.


Yes...   I’m sure this is EXACTLY what the Colts would do.   Especially since they’ve never done it.   Not under Ballard.    I’m not even sure it happened under Grigson?

 

What RB have the Colts done this with? And suddenly that player lost weight and became injury prone?   Care to name someone.    Has this happened to ANY player regardless of position?  Name him.
 

I appreciate the season is disappointing and you’re not happy.  But please try not to make up stuff to vent with... 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

How did he wind up at Boston College?  

I honestly don't know. I was surprised that he was originally going to go to Michigan. I hadn't heard that before today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Remember Darius Leonard weight out of the draft was 234 and he was a beast and was everywhere. Now he drops down to 218 and bam injuries/

Lol. What’s injuries has Leonard had besides the concussion. Leonard said he wanted to lose weight for this season because he felt the extra weight caused his ankle issue last year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd put a huge grain of salt on what players say their weights are...it's an area where it's human nature to exaggerate, not only in sports but especially in sports.

 

I remembered how ridiculous it was when Pat Williams was listed a "317" lbs every season when reality is more like 340-380.

 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/565530-nfl-free-agency-where-will-pat-williams-land-next-year#slide0

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rock8591 said:

I'd put a huge grain of salt on what players say their weights are...it's an area where it's human nature to exaggerate, not only in sports but especially in sports.

 

I remembered how ridiculous it was when Pat Williams was listed a "317" lbs every season when reality is more like 340-380.

 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/565530-nfl-free-agency-where-will-pat-williams-land-next-year#slide0

True, a lot of players stats show them to be one weight but in reality they're heavier. I do take it with a grain of salt. That said, A.J. himself was interviewed and stated he wanted to stay under 250lbs so it wouldn't affect his speed, so I'm willing to give his weight the benefit of the doubt since it stated by him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is AJ Dillon being projected to go in the draft?  If we could get him with a mid to late round pick I'd be all for it.  However, we have more pressing needs to address in early rounds like defensive line, wide receiver and maybe a quarterback.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd prefer to have Zack Moss, RB, Utah for that between the tackles guy that has been used frequently as a receiver too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chad72 said:

I'd prefer to have Zack Moss, RB, Utah for that between the tackles guy that has been used frequently as a receiver too.

 

Or JK Dobbins... Bigger version of Hines and can handle 20+ carries a game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2019 at 8:46 AM, chrisbeldridge said:

Where is AJ Dillon being projected to go in the draft?  If we could get him with a mid to late round pick I'd be all for it.  However, we have more pressing needs to address in early rounds like defensive line, wide receiver and maybe a quarterback.

From what I've seen, a lot of draft people have him in the 4th or 5th Rd. After the combine he will probably Rise. His size & speed will probably push him to bottom-2nd thru 3rd Rd, IMO...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Burrow was not thought of this highly early(when Ballard was rumored to like Herbert and Love). It was kind of an avalanche that was gaining more and more mass and power the more games got played. I don't think it was until November-December that people started talking about Burrow as a no. 1 pick. He just never had that body of work before this year and a lot of his most impressive games and against best opponents were at the end of the year.        I've heard Brady thrown around, but no idea if there is anything real behind those rumors. The rumors say that they are having hard time attracting any fans to their games and their owners think getting a legend like Brady to play for several years for them might jump start their new fanbase in LA. No idea whether to believe this or not. 
    • To me being a boom or bust is kind of a plus for a QB, because the worst you can be is mediocre once that rookie contract comes to an end. I would prefer for whoever we draft to be either great or horrible and for us to know relatively quickly so we can either invest in him or move on quickly. This is part of the appeal with Love for me. The things he needs to improve are heavily coaching based and I think we will have a good idea of where on the spectrum he will end up pretty quickly. For example - if you draft him and he's not ready to start by year 2, this is a red flag and you might start looking for another one. If 2 off-seasons and 1 in-season period are not enough for your coaching staff to get him ready you either have made a mistake with the draft pick or with your coaching staff and I do have good trust in the coaching staff so... 
    • For me the tiers are more important the the specific ranking... I rank players within a tier very similarly and even though I would have preferences within them, I don't feel strongly enough to argue one over the other.    Tier 1(sell the farm for him - i.e. multiple 1sts, multiple day 2 picks, etc) Burrow   Tier 2 (trade a significant asset for him - i.e. a future 1st round pick) Tua(if I have medical guarantees he'd be alright health-wise)   Tier 3 (trade a medium level asset for him(i.e. a second, a third...) or take him at #13) Love Herbert Tua(if our medical staff cannot give you any guarantees whatsoever either way -for example, there were some reports that it might be too early before the draft to tell whether he will be good or not)   Tier 4 (second round) Eason Fromm     Tier 5 (third-fourth round) Gordon(have to do more work on him, might change his ranking) Hurts   Tier 6 (round 5-7) Tua(if the medicals come bad and there is high risk of reinjury/retirement/not full recovery/etc.) Tyler Huntley Nate Stanley     I'm still watching some QBs so that's not my final ranking. 
    • Hey....    we’ve all had those whoops moments.    Comes with the territory.    I’ve had some whoppers!     
  • Members

    • coltsfeva

      coltsfeva 1,392

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • harrisoncolts88

      harrisoncolts88 3

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Shadow_Creek

      Shadow_Creek 519

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • WoolMagnet

      WoolMagnet 4,350

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • stitches

      stitches 6,920

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Kc77

      Kc77 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ScotColt

      ScotColt 45

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...