Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign Dontrelle Inman

chad72

57 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Eagles have had more injuries then we have. Nor only to pass catchers but to their oline. Everyone wants to say any QB should be able to play at the same level with that many injuries it isn’t going to happen. Although I think the fact we are missing stars has hurt us in the fourth quarter I think it’s amazing pascal and Johnson have done what they have done for not being stars. Ballard really did create depth at that position. But superstars make a difference in crunch time. Everyone can trash Jacoby but I think it is amazing he has done what he has done with those two. Most teams wouldn’t be able to take a guy who was basically your fourth or fifth WR and the other not  even on the team into 1 and 2 WR.

Heard on NFL radio that Philly was down to like one WR and their TE played WR in the fourth. At crunch time though Wentz pulled it out. Fourth Quarter is when the cream comes to the top and he has not been that great this season compared to before he tore his ACL.

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The ones that are a sure thing are TY, Parris, and pascal. I am changing my mind and don’t think funchess will be back. We draft a guy and Johnson might earn a spot.

Parris's mama didn't give him enough milk as a kid... His bones are brittle... Like glass. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

Everyone seems to think there are high quality WRs falling out of the trees.  Ballard can't just go and grab any guy he wants--the real good ones are already playing elsewhere

Ballard can't draft or sign a free agent receiver of quality to save his life... Period. Doesn't matter what time of year.

He can stack draft picks though. And he can trade down in the draft like no one else. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Eagles have had more injuries then we have. Nor only to pass catchers but to their oline. Everyone wants to say any QB should be able to play at the same level with that many injuries it isn’t going to happen. Although I think the fact we are missing stars has hurt us in the fourth quarter I think it’s amazing pascal and Johnson have done what they have done for not being stars. Ballard really did create depth at that position. But superstars make a difference in crunch time. Everyone can trash Jacoby but I think it is amazing he has done what he has done with those two. Most teams wouldn’t be able to take a guy who was basically your fourth or fifth WR and the other not  even on the team into 1 and 2 WR.

I get your point, I just find it funny when Wentz has WR's hurt people use it as an excuse, when JB is dealing with the same thing it is he sucks. In all honesty, Wentz didn't look good last night, really hasn't all season. They were lucky they were playing a team like the Giants. He won though, so that is what counts as I do say a lot lmao .

2 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

Heard on NFL radio that Philly was down to like one WR and their TE played WR in the fourth. At crunch time though Wentz pulled it out. Fourth Quarter is when the cream comes to the top and he has not been that great this season compared to before he tore his ACL.

He wasn't good before the ACL.  His best games pre-ACL were Falcons and Texans.  Our receivers were running wide open in those games due to blown coverages.  That is a testimate to Frank, not Jacoby.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I get your point, I just find it funny when Wentz has WR's hurt people use it as an excuse, when JB is dealing with the same thing it is he sucks. In all honesty, Wentz didn't look good last night, really hasn't all season. They were lucky they were playing a team like the Giants. He won though, so that is what counts as I do say a lot lmao .

I respect your decision big boy but we are talking apples and oranges. Wentz had but 1, 1 receiver to throw to in the 2nd half. There were no able body WRs. They put a TE to play WR just to fill roster. JB has never been in that predicament.

I would take Wentz over brissett  every day of the week and 3 times on Sunday. In spite of the injuries he rallied his team to a tie in the 4th quarter and a win in OT. How many times has JB did this with multiply receivers in the 4the quarter? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

That would be interesting. I guess you can always dump him after TC if some young kid beats him out. Kind of like Hoyer. I just like the upside of Johnson better and he is younger. I just don’t see how there will be room for Inman next year. Maybe he takes the place of funchess I guess. We could go into next year with TY, Campbell, draft pick, pascal, Inman, Johnson. Maybe there is room.

After this year’s injuries at WR, Ballard will go with 8 WRs on the 53 man roster.  So there is plenty of room.

1 hour ago, hoosierhawk said:

I respect your decision big boy but we are talking apples and oranges. Wentz had but 1, 1 receiver to throw to in the 2nd half. There were no able body WRs. They put a TE to play WR just to fill roster. JB has never been in that predicament.

I would take Wentz over brissett  every day of the week and 3 times on Sunday. In spite of the injuries he rallied his team to a tie in the 4th quarter and a win in OT. How many times has JB did this with multiply receivers in the 4the quarter? 

Not even my point. I would take Wentz over JB too but all year he hasn't looked good. I am just saying it seems like JB is the only one in here that catches flack when other supposed good QB's play just as bad in some weeks. Also I even already said we should draft a QB in another thread as I feel that JB can win games and can be above average but I am not sold on him winning the SB. I see both sides of everything, I have a knack for that. It seems like some in here can't and just want to bash the guy over everything little thing. As a Colts fan it is getting old reading it from the same people over and over. At least I know JB hasn't played well lately but the dude doesn't suck. How anyone can sit around with a straight face and say JB has had good weapons to throw to all year is ridiculous. Our WR core actually sucks without TY, I will even go that far with it. Not having Mack vs Houston and Tennessee absolutely killed us as well. Hell, our kicking game has even cost us a game or 2 but to some everything is JB's fault. Was it JB's fault that the defense couldn't hold a 14 point lead on Sunday? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree 100%, that is what I wanted too. That addition would've really helped.

I think SF gave up a 2 for him.   You were ready to surrender a 2nd round draft pick for a player of his age which is roughly 30?   Seriously?   Really?

Not me.   No thanks. 

A 3rd and a 4th may still be a little much but they did get a 5th in return. On Sunday, Sanders had 7 catches for 157 yards and a TD in the teams biggest win of the season at NO. His YAC was off the charts. He is a fast playmaker and still has game, JMO. It would be nice if JB had a WR that he can dump it off to for 8 yards and the guy can go for 70 yards on any given play.

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think SF gave up a 2 for him.   You were ready to surrender a 2nd round draft pick for a player of his age which is roughly 30?   Seriously?   Really?

Not me.   No thanks. 

Absolutely serious, really.  So instead we keep drafting WR's,  although might look great playing college ball, but are unproven in the big's, and think the oline, and defense we currently have are going to last forever?  

We have run TY into the ground because he has been the only real threat we have had, and unless CB decide's to open up the purse and add some proven talent, I see the injury bug hitting the Oline, trying to keep JB a clean pocket while he goes through his reads and waits for some separation.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

We have run TY into the ground because he has been the only real threat we have had.  

I agree. TY looks broken down and that is sad to say. I love TY and IMO he is the 3rd best WR we have ever had here in Indy only behind Marv and Reggie. Since TY got drafted (2012) besides Reggie in the 2012 season, we haven't had a great #1 and #2. Reggie got injured in 2013 and since then it has been TY and a bunch of??

2 hours ago, ojsglove said:

Absolutely serious, really.  So instead we keep drafting WR's,  although might look great playing college ball, but are unproven in the big's, and think the oline, and defense we currently have are going to last forever?  

A 3rd and a 4th for a 32 yo WR, when we weren't even sure what we had at QB (and what we might need to spend to get one) ... sounds like a good way to lose your job if you are a GM to me. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They gave up a 3rd and 4th, 49ers got Sanders and a 5th. 

38 minutes ago, esmort said:

A 3rd and a 4th for a 32 yo WR, when we weren't even sure what we had at QB (and what we might need to spend to get one) ... sounds like a good way to lose your job if you are a GM to me. 

Thanks, guy.   Appreciate the correction.

That said,  the deal is too rich for my comfort level.     And I suspect Ballard's as well.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not even my point. I would take Wentz over JB too but all year he hasn't looked good. I am just saying it seems like JB is the only one in here that catches flack when other supposed good QB's play just as bad in some weeks. Also I even already said we should draft a QB in another thread as I feel that JB can win games and can be above average but I am not sold on him winning the SB. I see both sides of everything, I have a knack for that. It seems like some in here can't and just want to bash the guy over everything little thing. As a Colts fan it is getting old reading it from the same people over and over. At least I know JB hasn't played well lately but the dude doesn't suck. How anyone can sit around with a straight face and say JB has had good weapons to throw to all year is ridiculous. Our WR core actually sucks without TY, I will even go that far with it. Not having Mack vs Houston and Tennessee absolutely killed us as well. Hell, our kicking game has even cost us a game or 2 but to some everything is JB's fault. Was it JB's fault that the defense couldn't hold a 14 point lead on Sunday? 

Didn't want to sound harsh in my rely to you but it did seem that way. I know you have been very objective in your opinions. My response was intended for those who have been making excuses or blaming the coaches for our 4th Quarter failings. I agree that this JB thing has gotten way out of hand to the point where it is dividing the forum like politics is dividing country!:thmdown:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

Didn't want to sound harsh in my rely to you but it did seem that way. I know you have been very objective in your opinions. My response was intended for those who have been making excuses or blaming the coaches for our 4th Quarter failings. I agree that this JB thing has gotten way out of hand to the point where it is dividing the forum like politics is dividing country!:thmdown:

We cool :thmup:

I agree with your last sentence. I have been around here long enough to know how the forum can get so I should ignore some of the stuff but as a Colts fan it is tough to do sometime. By nature I am just not a negative person.

• Like 1