Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
chad72

Colts sign Dontrelle Inman

Recommended Posts

He should have never left, but glad to see him back. He was a solid #2 WR for us last season. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

giphy.gif

kind of my reaction too

5 minutes ago, ColtsGermany said:

About 4 weeks too late.... 

13

Just now, NannyMcafee said:

"Can ya help us finish this horrible year?"

i doubt its just a 3 game contract. probably includes next year too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TY, Funchess, Campbell, Inman, Pascal and Fountain?  

 

Would we be good going in to next season with that WR crew?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lef said:

TY, Funchess, Campbell, Inman, Pascal and Fountain?  

 

Would we be good going in to next season with that WR crew?  

 

 

seth meyers laughing GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

 

Until they all get injured

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, csmopar said:

kind of my reaction too

13

i doubt its just a 3 game contract. probably includes next year too

I doubt that lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lef said:

TY, Funchess, Campbell, Inman, Pascal and Fountain?  

 

Would we be good going in to next season with that WR crew?  

The ones that are a sure thing are TY, Parris, and pascal. I am changing my mind and don’t think funchess will be back. We draft a guy and Johnson might earn a spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

The ones that are a sure thing are TY, Parris, and pascal. I am changing my mind and don’t think funchess will be back. We draft a guy and Johnson might earn a spot.

we didnt have room for him before, now we have room to spare

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Inman was injured and was on the chargers so they couldn’t of brought him back earlier. He had been on IR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I doubt that lol. 

I'm listening to NFL radio and they just had Rapport on there and he said hes not been able to confirm contract length yet but that its rumored to be more than just the remainder of this season, said they'd offered him a 2 year deal in the off season that was turned down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DEFENSE said:

we didnt have room for him before, now we have room to spare

 

I would rather have a guy like Johnson who is younger and faster.  I don’t know if anyone knows this but Johnson’s measurables as far as speed and vertical care actually better then Cain’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I'm listening to NFL radio and they just had Rapport on there and he said hes not been able to confirm contract length yet but that its rumored to be more than just the remainder of this season, said they'd offered him a 2 year deal in the off season that was turned down.

That would be interesting. I guess you can always dump him after TC if some young kid beats him out. Kind of like Hoyer. I just like the upside of Johnson better and he is younger. I just don’t see how there will be room for Inman next year. Maybe he takes the place of funchess I guess. We could go into next year with TY, Campbell, draft pick, pascal, Inman, Johnson. Maybe there is room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

That would be interesting. I guess you can always dump him after TC if some young kid beats him out. Kind of like Hoyer. I just like the upside of Johnson better and he is younger. I just don’t see how there will be room for Inman next year. Maybe he takes the place of funchess I guess. We could go into next year with TY, Campbell, draft pick, pascal, Inman, Johnson. Maybe there is room.

there's plenty of room to do it, plus we have the capspace. not saying he's gonna be some super stud for us or even more than a number 2/3 but its still decent depth. and I doubt he costs too much to cut if it was a deal for 2020 either

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He went to New England, didn’t stick there, went back to the Chargers and didn’t stick there.... Now he’s back here. 
 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51ae0ba5d8a700d3c104f

 

Forgive my lack of excitement, please. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Would anyone be surprised if Inman got hurt before the season is over?

 

Hope this signing helps out

3,2,1 injured

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

I'm content with the receiving corps after adding Inman. Now we just need someone to throw to them.


C. Wentz was practically throwing to the water boy in the 2nd half last night with success. :dunno:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, most of you are the handmaidens of the pity party. 

Waaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa. Sniff, sniff

 

Glad to see you back DI. Hope you make the most of it and get a stable contract. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

He went to New England, didn’t stick there, went back to the Chargers and didn’t stick there.... Now he’s back here. 
 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51ae0ba5d8a700d3c104f

 

Forgive my lack of excitement, please. 

I recognize that cartoon dog but cannot think of his name.  do you know it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This should have been done weeks ago, but whatever. If he has a few nice games he can get work next year, hypothetically. 

Just now, Nadine said:

I recognize that cartoon dog but cannot think of his name.  do you know it?

Droopy Dog. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Would anyone be surprised if Inman got hurt before the season is over?

 

Hope this signing helps out

Nope. Everyone not named pascal has got hurt.

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

This should have been done weeks ago, but whatever. If he has a few nice games he can get work next year, hypothetically. 

Droopy Dog. 

He has been on IR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, MPStack said:


C. Wentz was practically throwing to the water boy in the 2nd half last night with success. :dunno:

Maybe we can get Philly to swap Brissett and Wentz. All we gotta do is say backup quarterback 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Nope. Everyone not named pascal has got hurt.

He has been on IR. 


Droopy Dog has been on IR??? Well when the H did this happen???

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MPStack said:


C. Wentz was practically throwing to the water boy in the 2nd half last night with success. :dunno:

I watched the whole 2nd half, he actually did a lot of dinking of dunking and they barely beat a team they should've beat by 2 TD's. Wentz was ok but wasn't anything special, JMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Inman was injured and was on the chargers so they couldn’t of brought him back earlier. He had been on IR.

He was cut of their IR about a month ago.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John Waylon said:

He went to New England, didn’t stick there, went back to the Chargers and didn’t stick there.... Now he’s back here. 
 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51ae0ba5d8a700d3c104f

 

Forgive my lack of excitement, please. 

I think I really wanted to see Inman back when Luck was the QB but after watching what the majority of the play from JB has been this year, I don’t think Rice, Stallworth, swann, Irvin, Whiten and Emmit Smith would help make JB look any better. I’m afraid this signing is a bit of panic on CB’s part and more than likely, a bad decision if it’s more than this season. Inman just “clicked” with Luck for some really clutch catches. I don’t see him catching the same magic with JB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I watched the whole 2nd half, he actually did a lot of dinking of dunking and they barely beat a team they should've beat by 2 TD's. Wentz was ok but wasn't anything special, JMO.

Eagles have had more injuries then we have. Nor only to pass catchers but to their oline. Everyone wants to say any QB should be able to play at the same level with that many injuries it isn’t going to happen. Although I think the fact we are missing stars has hurt us in the fourth quarter I think it’s amazing pascal and Johnson have done what they have done for not being stars. Ballard really did create depth at that position. But superstars make a difference in crunch time. Everyone can trash Jacoby but I think it is amazing he has done what he has done with those two. Most teams wouldn’t be able to take a guy who was basically your fourth or fifth WR and the other not  even on the team into 1 and 2 WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I think I really wanted to see Inman back when Luck was the QB but after watching what the majority of the play from JB has been this year, I don’t think Rice, Stallworth, swann, Irvin, Whiten and Emmit Smith would help make JB look any better. I’m afraid this signing is a bit of panic on CB’s part and more than likely, a bad decision if it’s more than this season. Inman just “clicked” with Luck for some really clutch catches. I don’t see him catching the same magic with JB. 

He sure has made pascal and Johnson look good. Let’s face it those two were not even supposed to be major players. It’s funny everyone blamed Jacoby for Cain being a failure. Johnson has taken the exact same role with 50 50 balls and look at his production.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He sure has made pascal and Johnson look good. Let’s face it those two were not even supposed to be major players. It’s funny everyone blamed Jacoby for Cain being a failure. Johnson has taken the exact same role with 50 50 balls and look at his production.

You are wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. He has made Pascal look serviceable. Johnson is now vying for the pro bowl or something after having ONE SINGLE UNO breakout game. Please! If two 100 yard games are worldly, we hold different standards because he has 5 games of less than 50. He isn’t mistaken for Reggie Wayne yet. Your using poor judgement here on what’s now acceptable for being called good. I’m happy that Johnson caught the underthrown TD ball instead of it being picked. Had he been played against a better cb, he likely doesn’t get that 50/50 ball and it’s picked off. JB is just a below avg QB and tape shows that more now than ever before. I had higher hopes he would be a steady passer and spread things around but he is extremely limited into reading anything past his first and maybe second read, regardless of time given. I’d almost take Tolzein back over JB anymore. Last part I’m joking about 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Gordon has always been a 3rd day pick and I don't think that has changed.  He may have worked himself into the3rd round. We shall see prep is important no doubt but seeing how uncomfortable Love looked I'm willing to bet his prep week was not as good as some writers tried to make it out to be.
    • Yup. We have good depth at G, but T in general is horrible. I wouldn't say we need to be truly "aggressive" if AC comes back, but we do need to address by the 4th or 5th round. Good depth can be found in the middle rounds as far as AV is concerned. If you look over the past 20ish years, AV is pretty darn good rounds 1-5, and is actually highest in the 2nd round. R4 historically has a tad more AV than 1st. If AC leaves though, need to be very aggressive (FA or draft)
    • I think Luck's situation is very unique. Born to wealth, lived abroad, will inherit a ton, has career options at his fingertips, etc.. He and his future grand-kids are already set for life. Other QBs and other players with worse injury history have remained passionate. Again, he's just a different type of guy/player, and there's nothing wrong with it.    As far as SBs are concerned, sure it's nice to play for one, but 50M is the key ingredient. 
    • I'm not sure why everyone is so obsessed with us taking a QB and trying to figure out how we would get one. I mean I know it's fun in a way to sleuth and conspire, however I'm not sure the Colts are going to take a QB at all. I'm also not sure they are going to grab one in FA either. I mean I could certainly be wrong, however why the need to grab one right now? This team is not ready to compete for a SB right now at all. They WERE ready with Luck as he was the "X" factor, but without Luck, we are not fully ready. So drafting a QB might give the fan base hope and excitement about a future players potential, but does it get us to win right now? I don't think so, as we DO need WR's and interior and exterior rush guys too, as well as O-line if Anthony retires but most assuredly to better ourselves over Glowinski.   What would you rather have? A QB right now that most likely will take time to develop, meaning we won't win many games in 2020, or a chance at maybe a more polished QB like Lawrence in 2021 if the Colts don't win too many games in 2020 with what they have. The alternative is that in 2020 the Colts do get better either with Jacoby or Chad, win games, and we would have pieces we drafted in areas of WR and DT and O-line that actually put us closer to complete team and we all get surprised.    Either way, I'm a Colts fan. I'm just not sold on taking a QB at all this year via draft and only a guy like Mariota if it's FA.    Go Colts!!
    • I looked up what the Chiefs had to pay Buffalo to trade up and grab Mahomes.  The Chiefs traded up from pick 27 in the first round to get pick 10.  They gave up pick 27 and their 3rd round pick that year and also their first round pick the next year.  If that is the price to move up 17 slots, the Colts shouldn't have to mortgage the future to move up in this year's first round. Say Carolina is your trade partner; that would mean the Colts would trade up from 13 to 7. The trade value chart, for what that is worth, says they would be slightly over paying if they traded the 13th and 44th pick for the 7th. I'd do that in a heartbeat if I believed we were looking at our future franchise QB. 
  • Members

    • chad72

      chad72 10,755

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fisticuffs111

      Fisticuffs111 2,326

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CS Coltsfan

      CS Coltsfan 29

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • wig

      wig 920

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Colts_Fan12

      Colts_Fan12 5,555

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtsBlueFL

      ColtsBlueFL 6,060

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Coffeedrinker

      Coffeedrinker 7,322

      Senior Members
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CRASH

      CRASH 13

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Hark

      Hark 182

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Robin

      Robin 149

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...