Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eli Manning is back and is lighting up the Eagles

buffalo34

7 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

17-3 Giants at halftime, Eagles playing like garbage on both sides of the ball.

Really pulling for the Eagles because I don't want Dallas to win the division, but the Eagles clearly want the division less than the Cowboys do, it seems.

I don’t like Dallas either but have you ever met Eagle fans ? 

10 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

I've heard all about them, never actually met them, but the Eagles aren't shoved in my face every week like the Cowboys and the Eagles have a lot of goodwill with me for beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl, so I'm willing to look past their fans. :D

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

1 minute ago, buffalo34 said:

I've heard all about them, never actually met them, but the Eagles aren't shoved in my face every week like the Cowboys and the Eagles have a lot of goodwill with me for beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl, so I'm willing to look past their fans. :D

Philly native here... former Eagles fan from back in the day.  Many family and friends still die hard Eagles fans.  I get it, to say the Eagles fan base is “passionate” would be putting it lightheartedly LOL... and they are definitely letting their disappointment in their team be heard in this game! But being from Philly, I will always wish the demise of the Cowboys first and foremost in the NFC East LOL haha

This another reason why that the people they say JB sucks after only 1 year in Reich's system get on my nerves. Carson Wentz has looked like absolute garbage tonight and those same people probably think he is a franchise QB. Wentz has actually been average all year to put it politely. Dak also looked like garbage on Thanksgiving and at Chicago. There are really only a handful of franchise QB's in this league, we had one and he retired. I think some expect JB to be Luck, it isn't happening. I doubt drafting a QB will make much of a difference either without weapons to throw too. Unless we strike lightning and the guy is Mahomes. That is highly doubtful. You basically have Mahomes, Jackson, Wilson, Rodgers and everyone else. Brady and Brees are on their way out = old. Watson is good but isn't great.

If Wentz doesn't win this game at home vs the 2-10 Giants that will be embarrassing. 

Philly pulled it out in OT and Wentz didn't have one completion in the air of more than 10 yards. He dinked and dunked it down the field. Much like JB and over half the QB's do on most drives. I really don't think JB is much different than most of these QB's out here. Like I said earlier you only have about 4 or 5 QB's that are consistent = franchise QB's for sure that standout. The rest are inconsistent. Like Watson yesterday vs Denver at home. He stunk. Luck was a franchise QB but he retired. 

10 hours ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Philly native here... former Eagles fan from back in the day.  Many family and friends still die hard Eagles fans.  I get it, to say the Eagles fan base is “passionate” would be putting it lightheartedly LOL... and they are definitely letting their disappointment in their team be heard in this game! But being from Philly, I will always wish the demise of the Cowboys first and foremost in the NFC East LOL haha

I’m in northern MD, probably not far from you. In all sincerity, not all Eagle fans are bad. As far as the Eagles team goes, as an NFC team, they don’t really bother me. 
That being said, Lincoln Financial Field is one venue you may not want to wear your team’s jersey to. If you don’t believe me, watch YouTube videos of the Vikings- Eagles playoff game. They threw full beer cans at Vikings fans. One drunken eightball booed an infant loudly who was in mini Vikings gear. And don’t let me tell you about greasing the poles and destroying cars after victories or defeats. How about nailing Santa with snowballs ? No, the reputation is quite deserved. 

I wanted both teams to win so that was hard! I obviously wanted Eli’s return to be a win. Guy is great. A legend. He deserves a ride into the sunset or 1 last stand if that’s what he decides.

The Eagles also deserve it because they get down and out every year at this time but never quit. I thought they were going to win that Saints game really, until Jefferies whiffed. It’s also ultimately better for them to win now so that they make the playoffs, and every best possible chance to beat the Pats is in the playoffs lol as bad as they have been a time or 2 I’ll take their chances over the Cowboy’s.

11 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

Yep, I have much more exposure to annoying Cowboy fans and the constant press of the Cowboys.   I root for them to lose almost as much as I do with the Patriots.  

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This another reason why that the people they say JB sucks after only 1 year in Reich's system get on my nerves. Carson Wentz has looked like absolute garbage tonight and those same people probably think he is a franchise QB. Wentz has actually been average all year to put it politely. Dak also looked like garbage on Thanksgiving and at Chicago. There are really only a handful of franchise QB's in this league, we had one and he retired. I think some expect JB to be Luck, it isn't happening. I doubt drafting a QB will make much of a difference either without weapons to throw too. Unless we strike lightning and the guy is Mahomes. That is highly doubtful. You basically have Mahomes, Jackson, Wilson, Rodgers and everyone else. Brady and Brees are on their way out = old. Watson is good but isn't great.

I'm not sure I really believe that you believe that JB is a good QB.

His game has been the same since college.   The Colts would be settling if they stick with him.  

I know expectations are high every year and that this is professional football and everything, but I don’t know why the Eagles are always playing like they’re under such pressure since the SB when there was no (well not as much) pressure. Wentz has looked like a trainwreck more than once in simply less than perfect situations. Pedersen looks like he thinks they’re going to fire him. If they would just play the game they would be alright imo. 

8 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

I’m in northern MD, probably not far from you. In all sincerity, not all Eagle fans are bad. As far as the Eagles team goes, as an NFC team, they don’t really bother me. 
That being said, Lincoln Financial Field is one venue you may not want to wear your team’s jersey to. If you don’t believe me, watch YouTube videos of the Vikings- Eagles playoff game. They threw full beer cans at Vikings fans. One drunken eightball booed an infant loudly who was in mini Vikings gear. And don’t let me tell you about greasing the poles and destroying cars after victories or defeats. How about nailing Santa with snowballs ? No, the reputation is quite deserved. 

LOL yes I have been an eyewitness to much of this, definitely don’t need to see it on YouTube to believe you. And I have had the unfortunate experience of wearing my Colts jersey to a preseason game once, definitely got taunted and that was only preseason! Only didn’t bother me as much because I grew up in inner city Philly so I was used to the rudeness haha but no I totally get it, I never said the reputation wasn’t deserved. But since I am from Philly I just jump to hating Dallas more, just my personal bias lmao

6 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

I know expectations are high every year and that this is professional football and everything, but I don’t know why the Eagles are always playing like they’re under such pressure since the SB when there was no (well not as much) pressure. Wentz has looked like a trainwreck more than once in simply less than perfect situations. Pedersen looks like he thinks they’re going to fire him. If they would just play the game they would be alright imo. 

I think Wentz has had a chip on his shoulder since that Super Bowl. They shut the whole city down and we all watched the parade, you can tell even at the parade he was wishing he could toss Foles off of the top of that bus and take all the glory haha. He has been trying to prove to himself and everyone else that he could have won that Super Bowl just as well, if not better, than Foles did. That’s why I think he always looks like he is under pressure now, just playing out of desperation to “be great.” And that’s why he looked so devastated when they didn’t beat the Patriots this season in the so called Super Bowl rematch. Not sure if Wentz will be able to get over those feelings and just relax, play for the love and passion of the game.

31 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

LOL yes I have been an eyewitness to much of this, definitely don’t need to see it on YouTube to believe you. And I have had the unfortunate experience of wearing my Colts jersey to a preseason game once, definitely got taunted and that was only preseason! Only didn’t bother me as much because I grew up in inner city Philly so I was used to the rudeness haha but no I totally get it, I never said the reputation wasn’t deserved. But since I am from Philly I just jump to hating Dallas more, just my personal bias lmao

I agree that no one like Jerry Jones and his Cowboys. They get prime time TV slots all the time, and stink ! By the way, I forgot to bring up the drunk tank jail in the bowels of the Eagle’s stadium !!!!

On 12/9/2019 at 9:41 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Wentz doesn't win this game at home vs the 2-10 Giants that will be embarrassing. 

Kevin Bowen has said that Cain has made several important catches in his time with the Steelers. His co-host in the podcast is a steelers fan. The WRs are open.  A more skilled passer would do a lot for this team. So you dont need a franchise level QB for the WRs we have had to be more successful than they have been all year. You just need someone better than JB. JB is starter next year so it doesn't matter. If nothing changes by then, hes gone. I expect ballard to draft a QB in this years draft to sit. 

As for Mahomes, I dont think he is a franchise QB as of yet. You have to prove you can be that guy year after year like Rodgers has and Wilson. The same can be said of Jackson. They have the potential to be, but how many people are calling Cam Newton a franchise QB right now? 

What? Cam is perhaps done, but not because he wasn’t a franchise quarterback. Mahomes is going through exactly what I predicted which is exactly what always happens to 2nd year guys who ball in their first year. He’s lost a few games and has been low on acrobatic plays, and has even had a few really freaking bad plays. They’re still going to have a winning season just like Favre and Brady when they went 9-7. OMG what about Peyton right well Peyton didn’t ball his first year now did he.