Indianapolis Colts
PeterBowman

Patriots involved in another Spygate?

Bengals questioning whether Patriots we're filming their sidelines from the Cleveland press box yesterday....

Saw it on ESPN website.

1 hour ago, PeterBowman said:

Bengals questioning whether Patriots we're filming their sidelines from the Cleveland press box yesterday....

Saw it on ESPN website.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001086298/article/bengals-nfl-investigating-if-patriots-filmed-sideline

Once a cheater, always a cheater. Once again, the patriots can’t win without cheating. Should be stripped of their titles on the next confirmed offense and a post season ban for 3 years

its pretty sad they had to cheat against a 1 win team 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

No real surprise there as they've done it before.   :D

I'd want the evidence to be confirmed, of course, but it wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 1

I wonder if 20 years from now when Belichick is on his deathbed and Brady is older and divorced maybe we'll get a tell-all autobiography from a credible New England higher-up saying, "Yea, we cheated, and here's the proof we did it..."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Old Crow said:

The Patriots employee was identified as one, Alan Funt, who claimed he was filming a gag special on the Bengals. 

This was from the original Spygate.

ELYt9b6U8AAwGdD.jpeg

Could be nothing...could be the Pats being the Pats...we shall see.

https://sports.yahoo.com/patriots-explain-video-controversy-acknowledge-that-they-inappropriately-filmed-field-025450106.html

The Patriots admitted to "inappropriately" taking video on Sunday and failing to inform the Bengals and the league of their video production

According to the statement, the Patriots were taking video for a behind-the-scenes video series called “Do Your Job.” The team claims that footage from the Browns-Bengals game was intended for a feature on their scouting department.

There is probably so much cheating on the part of the Pats that we never hear about. 

• Like 6

Gotta give ‘em credit, they are persistent little devils.

If you ‘aint cheatin’, you ‘aint tryin’.

Belichek was gonna name his boat that saying,  but it wouldnt fit.  So he just went with the rings thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Gotta give ‘em credit, they are persistent little devils.

If you ‘aint cheatin’, you ‘aint tryin’.

Belichek was gonna name his boat that saying,  but it wouldnt fit.  So he just went with the rings thing.

That's funny.

"You'd think he would have found a way to cheat to make it fit" is the name of his ex-wifes' boat, ironically.

This was from the original Spygate.

ELYt9b6U8AAwGdD.jpeg

Could be nothing...could be the Pats being the Pats...we shall see.

Guess you could say that they went back to the good ol' days with this strategy.

And guess what will happen? Yeah that's right...and the biggest cheater in history (or at least the biggest to get caught) will be a first ballot hall of famer, with 8 rings in his hands (2 with the giants)

• Like 2

The video guys were “doing their job”.

Anyone else assumed they were still doing WHATEVER it takes.

Anyone surprised by this?

I guess the only positive is that it is extremely embarrassing to get caught filming the BENGALS.    Come on man !   Really Bill?    Seriously?      Seriously!     Seriuosly?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/patriots-explain-video-controversy-acknowledge-that-they-inappropriately-filmed-field-025450106.html

There is probably so much cheating on the part of the Pats that we never hear about. 

Its kinda like the Current political environment.  You get numb to all of it after a while.

Everytime they get caught , well , after the third time they got caught it now just seems like noise.  Its like “ok, yeah, it was about time for them to get caught, its been a few months, the world is back in order.”

The shame is, they are the only ones smart enough to realize that taking draft picks, sitting Tom for games, and paying $ is a SMALL price to pay for the advantages gained and the trophies it brings.  You’ve gotta have suspect character, but that organization has shown questionable  judgement in that area LITERALLY from the TOP (Florida “visit”) to the Bottom (the clown with the needles).

I suspect in Hell, when they play football games, the “home team” plays in an EXACT replica of Gillette Stadium.  

• Haha 1

Its always something with the Pats.  Yeah, just tell em it was a documentary. But may as well record the opponents sidelines while you're at it.

• Like 1

They’re saying it was a mistake hahahahahaha

You know what I believe them. They had nothing to hide to they told the truth. That hardly fixes this though. The Boy Who Cried Wolf was telling the truth 1 time too. This is the same thing!

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

"8 minutes of hand signals and substitutions." 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2866303-report-patriots-video-is-about-8-minutes-of-bengals-sideline-amid-nfl-probe

If that's true, they deserve the college football equivalent of the death penalty.  Everything they've accomplished should be vacated.  Like seriously.  Just unreal and a complete disregard for the integrity of the sport, even after being heavily penalized for disregarding the integrity of the sport.  

They already don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.  I definitely don't think anyone outside of Foxboro would ever take their accomplishments seriously.  I mean how could you take it seriously?  What a sham...

• Like 5

Agree... they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

But I gotta ask....have things gotten so bad, and desperate that they need to steal signals to beat the Bengals?  :scratch:

• Like 3

It was Brady's suspension in 2016, Edelman's suspension in 2018, they need something to use as fodder for creating another "us vs the world" narrative. Maybe it is Belichick's way of creating a new situation for the Patriots to get amped up about, for an extra oomph??? Just wildly speculating.

4 minutes ago, Gramz said:

But I gotta ask....have things gotten so bad, and desperate that they need to steal signals to beat the Bengals?  :scratch:

If they were in fact doing this to the Bengals, there's really not reason to doubt that they were doing it to other teams as well. 

The implications here are far beyond just this one game. 

They got busted for it before, and they haven't been busted since until now.  It's not a strange leap in logic to believe that they continued doing this from 2007 to today.  The difference is, they just refined their process.  I am pretty sure I saw a quote out there that this "Do Your Job" series has been going on for several years.

• Like 7

If this is all illegal, then they should surely be punished.  But I feel like this is a misunderstanding.  I've seen tweets that report the Browns knew about the Pats PR team videotaping for a documentary or something like that and had given them permission.

Also, no one needs to cheat to beat the Bengals....except maybe the Jets

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

If this is all illegal, then they should surely be punished.  But I feel like this is a misunderstanding.  I've seen tweets that report the Browns knew about the Pats PR team videotaping for a documentary or something like that and had given them permission.

Also, no one needs to cheat to beat the Bengals....except maybe the Jets

But the Bengals, the team being recorded, didn't know.  The NFL wasn't aware either.  That was my understanding.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The fans who believe this is a misunderstanding, or a mistake....are playing checkers, and BB is playing three level chess. 

It's not about teams...it's about offenses, defenses, and the coordinators that run them. Bill B has been cataloging and updating tendencies of coordinators through illegal filming for decades. He might be filming the Bengals, but it's just more info in the catalog. When he faces a team in the NFL, based on the information he has acquired, he has a much higher percentage of success against teams. I can remember games where the Colts played them that it seemed every single play, they knew exactly what was coming....exactly. Peyton devised a way to change plays at the line and confuse them, and that is why the Colts were pretty successful against them in the later part of the rivalry. 

The Patriots are a cheating franchise. They are also very well run, and no one can deny that. However, When the filming evidence was destroyed, it was nail in the coffin proof that their practices....revealed, would have struck a blow to the integrity of the NFL. 

Cheaters. Period. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

As has been said, if they are willing to break rules against the Bengals, then they have certainly found ways to break rules against other teams.

However, watch the NFL come down with another big fine and sweep it under the rug. What we really should be finding out is how severely they broke the rules with Spygate #1. It is clear to me that Ernie Adams can glean a valuable advantage for BB and co from any footage at all. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 18to87 said:

As has been said, if they are willing to break rules against the Bengals, then they have certainly found ways to break rules against other teams.

However, watch the NFL come down with another big fine and sweep it under the rug. What we really should be finding out is how severely they broke the rules with Spygate #1. It is clear to me that Ernie Adams can glean a valuable advantage for BB and co from any footage at all. 

Kraft Productions - Ernie Adams - Bill Belichick.  I don't think this would ever happen, but if there were ever circumstances to vacate wins or force an owner to sell his team, it doesn't really get much worse than this.  I suppose things could always get worse, but this could easily fall under the Section 8.13 removal/forced sell territory.  I don't know if that's worse than what Donald Sterling did, but it couldn't be much better either.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

How long before Goodell destroys the evidence.....again?

Bengals kept the originals from what I heard on the radio.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gramz said:

Heard a guy on McAfee’s show this morning that helped break the story that pointed out this is a bunch of first time coaches and that they would use this stuff to build a library on them basically.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Bengals kept the originals from what I heard on the radio.

Good for them!

It's always something with the Pat's.

Brazen and arrogant.

• Like 1

Just now, Gramz said:

Good for them!

It's always something with the Pat's.

Brazen and arrogant.

I know it would never happen but this is the third time they have been caught openly cheating id give them a version of the death penalty.  

strip the titles, make the team disband sit out a year and start from scratch like an expansion team and kick BB out of the league,

again that will never happen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Heard a guy on McAfee’s show this morning that helped break the story that pointed out this is a bunch of first time coaches and that they would use this stuff to build a library on them basically.

can't remember if that's even legal. 

4 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

can't remember if that's even legal. 

It’s not it’s what they were doing the first spygate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I know it would never happen but this is the third time they have been caught openly cheating id give them a version of the death penalty.  

strip the titles, make the team disband sit out a year and start from scratch like an expansion team and kick BB out of the league,

again that will never happen.

No. That will not happen.

But by public opinion, it already has.

I believe they're starting to implode.

Definitely declining day by day, game by game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

But it was nothing!  Just ask Bill.

Sigh..

His typical response of "we're on to Cincinnati"  (or whoever is next) suddenly takes on a whole new meaning. haha

• Like 2