Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zack Hicks Monday Mock

I like this one too...   as of now...   early December.

Not sure Love is a first round pick much less a mid-first round pick.

Also,  not sure I'm wild about our top two picks going to offense.    And then I'm not sure Wilson will survive to pick 49 of the 2nd round.

Those are the speed bumps for me.

But it certainly address lots of our needs with quality players.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Also,  not sure I'm wild about our top two picks going to offense.    And then I'm not sure Wilson will survive to pick 49 of the 2nd round.

Those are the speed bumps for me.

But it certainly address lots of our needs with quality players.

Totally agree. I still believe Love could be had in round 2. One of our top 2 picks need to be DT. Derrick Brown, Javon Kinlaw, and Marvin Wilson are all good options. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Totally agree. I still believe Love could be had in round 2. One of our top 2 picks need to be DT. Derrick Brown, Javon Kinlaw, and Marvin Wilson are all good options. 

14 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I dont think you can chance Love being there at our second round pick.

I dont see Wilson being there, that late...... I see him going late first

I love the first 3 picks though...... they would be a GREAT pick ups........

QB, DT, WR  Much needed !

• Like 2

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Josh Allen had a similar career in college. He had a much better sophomore season compared to his junior year. I’m certain a lot of people were surprised he went 7th overall. 

With that being said, I won’t be surprised were J. Love gets drafted. Still way to early to tell, but fans seem gun shy going QB early, because of the mocks. 

I enjoy all the mocks, but don’t put a lot stock in them at the moment.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Josh Allen had a similar career in college. He had a much better sophomore season compared to his junior year. I’m certain a lot of people were surprised he went 7th overall. 

With that being said, I won’t be surprised were J. Love gets drafted. Still way to early to tell, but fans seem gun shy going QB early, because of the mocks. 

I enjoy all the mocks, but don’t put a lot stock in them at the moment.

For whatever it’s worth...  today, Kiper and McShay came out with their first big 2020 draft evaluation.   Neither has Love as a first round talent.     Over at Scouts Inc (McShay’s crew) they’ve got Love right now at 45,  which feels about right to me.    

As I recall, both Kiper and McShay had Allen as a potential and even probable first rounder all season long.   Allen is taller, heavier/bigger and has an even bigger arm than Love.   I think those measurables made the difference for them.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

We could very well end up with a 10-15th pick, which MAY put us in range for Tua.

I feel that Tua AND Love are great talents, but to me, now that it appears that Tua will recover, he would be the guy I would take over Love.

I’ll be honest, I just want Ballard to go QB early. Burrow is out of the question, so my preference is Herbert.

However, I’d settle for Tua or Love.

• Like 1

That's an amazing mock. The longer I watch him, the more I like Devonta Smith, he may be the best WR on Bama's team and that's saying quite a bit. Dude would be a great addition, and he catches everything, like a Mike Thomas type player. 

If Ballard and Co think Love is the guy in the 1st then so be it, I'm on board, but if he tanks it's gonna be hard to recover. We would lose years waiting and then potentially have to invest another 1st somewhere down the line. 

A DT like Brown, Wilson, Coe is a must in the first couple/three rounds, they need that badly and there's some dogs in this draft. Personally Kinlaw is a machine, and I'd have no problem with them taking him in the 1st and hoping for Love or whoever with the Skins pick. WR will be there with the latter 2nd.