Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
BleedBlue4Shoe86

Jalen Hurts?

I posted this is another thread. I am intrigued by Jalen Hurts as a second round pick. I believe him sitting and learning from Reich would be amazing.

I know that Jalen has improvements that need to be made but look at what he has done when he has a legit coach who helps him and schemes the offense to fit him

Kiffin- 2016

2,780 yards, 23 TD, 9 INT- passing

954 yards, 13 TD- Rushing

Lincoln Riley- 2019

3,039 yards, 28 TD, 5 INT- passing

983 yards, 15 TD- rushing

Led Alabama to Back to Back CFP Championship Games. Mext he came in in the SEC title game, off the bench, and won that game. Then went to Oklahoma and led to CFP Playoff. 

All I’m saying is he intrigued me and the kid is a WINNER, everywhere he goes. Also he improves. 

imagine what Reich could do with him. 

Thoughts?

1111A636-6678-4FA3-94A1-14416A5FD714.jpeg

I don't like Hurts. He's way too much like Brissett as a pocket passer and suffers the exact same drawbacks. With some of them he's even worse. He's slow isolating and eliminating reads, he locks onto receivers, he stares down receivers, he has trouble going through progressions. When he leaves the pocket he drops his eyes and becomes a runner. He's a good runner but he's not an elite runner(Lamar) and the collisions he has on some of his runs are scary. I have no idea how he will stay healthy if he continues to do that with stronger and faster defenders around him and he needs to continue to do it because he's not good enough in the pocket to drive a good offense. 

IMO the team that drafts him needs to go 100% building around his strengths(running) and just pray that he doesn't get hurt. I personally wouldn't draft him. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, stitches said:

I don't like Hurts. He's way too much like Brissett as a pocket passer and suffers the exact same drawbacks. With some of them he's even worse. He's slow isolating and eliminating reads, he locks onto receivers, he stares down receivers, he has trouble going through progressions. When he leaves the pocket he drops his eyes and becomes a runner. He's a good runner but he's not an elite runner(Lamar) and the collisions he has on some of his runs are scary. I have no idea how he will stay healthy if he continues to do that with stronger and faster defenders around him and he needs to continue to do it because he's not good enough in the pocket to drive a good offense. 

IMO the team that drafts him needs to go 100% building around his strengths(running) and just pray that he doesn't get hurt. I personally wouldn't draft him. 

Absolutely correct read....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stitches said:

He literally just learned how to throw the football this year. Alabama went to a  heavy pro-style offense for Tua, and that left Hurts WAY behind and out of Alabama. So, of course he's going to look good in a spread/first read type of offense and playing within the B12. If his first read is gone and he can't run, everything goes down hill in a hurry for him. LSU is going to expose Hurts pretty badly IMO. 

Sure, people will point to Lamar for a comparison, but Lamar was GREAT for 3 years, and was already a good passer. However, I'm not sure how many teams will want to completely rebuild their offense to make him comfortable and make it as easy as possible for him to play QB in the NFL.

I wouldn't draft Hurts with any of our late picks...

• Like 1

I know Hurts has enjoyed a nice year at OU.  And I haven’t seen much of him this year. 

But I’ve always thought of him as a nice college quarterback and not an NFL QB.     The game is different.   I think he’d need more of a years worth of prep to be able to deliver what you’d want.   

Not for me. 

• Like 2