Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard

Moosejawcolt

Realistically, it could take another 2-3 years of rebuilding before we have a complete team. I agree that finding another elite quarterback is going to be next to impossible. Our luck, literally, has run out in that department. 

Having an elite talent makes the rebuilding much easier. Regardless of what Ballard says, this team was built with Luck in mind and was meant to compliment him. 

I'm siding with DougDew on this. We have got to find key players in significant positions where they create the most impact and influence on the game. 

7 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Ballard is going to prove what kind of GM he is this off-season.  If he makes good moves and this season was a blimp on the radar he’s going to be here a long time.  If things continue to fall apart there is a good chance him and Frank are shown the door after next season.

I think he definitely needs to change his strategy now the Luck is gone.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Two_pound said:

I was just using those two teams as examples of teams who missed the playoffs last season and can easily make the playoffs this year. I was referencing the post that said we are at least 2 drafts away from contending and I wholeheartedly disagree with that premise. Add dt, db and og, and ofcourse better qb and we are right there. Maybe Ballard will dip into the cap space this next offseason.

dont count on it

1 hour ago, Pacergeek said:

Ballard should implement a strategy that contradicts his current vision. Needs to trade picks for good, proven players. Let's face it, the 2019 draft was not a good draft, and I don't trust Ballard to get it right in 2020. 

It’s comments like this that make me shake my head. The guys are rookies. Your not going to get all pros every year. 

35 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s comments like this that make me shake my head. The guys are rookies. Your not going to get all pros every year. 

From my experience, good players flash a little bit during their Rookie seasons. Our top draft picks have mostly been invisible. 

38 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You gotta understand something about this forum, and this will likely get me in trouble. But there are some posters on this forum, that only come out during the losing times to whine and troll. You'll find most of their comments are way nutty and make no sense, as if they never watch a single play. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

um.. no. Rock has flashed more than once. 

sounds hot

Rock has had a bad rookie year in coverage. Pretty good tackler, but who cares when he can't stop the guy in front of him from catching the ball. Maybe he get's better, but...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

sounds hot

Rock has had a bad rookie year in coverage. Pretty good tackler, but who cares when he can't stop the guy in front of him from catching the ball. Maybe he get's better, but...

he's had some decent moments too. I'm not saying he's gonna be great but I'm not ready to write him off just yet

if ballard doesn’t find a stud d lineman in the draft or FA this year im ready to blame him. I think hes actually done a decent job building this team. The reality is, from 2011 to 2017 we were a completely garbage football team being carried by a hof caliber quarterback. only way to completely turn that around is to hit on every draft pick and not overpay free agents but get them on good deals and have them significantly contribute. ballard has some misses which is expected as nobody is perfect. after this next draft and free agency we should be able to tell just how good his plan is.

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

sounds hot

He is a rookie that has taken almost all the snaps. We barely hear his name. Last nights he had good coverage and Brees just stuck it in there. Saying he has had a bad season is ridiculous. The fact he as a rookie has played as much as he has and you barely hear his name is pretty dang good.

43 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

if ballard doesn’t find a stud d lineman in the draft or FA this year im ready to blame him. I think hes actually done a decent job building this team. The reality is, from 2011 to 2017 we were a completely garbage football team being carried by a hof caliber quarterback. only way to completely turn that around is to hit on every draft pick and not overpay free agents but get them on good deals and have them significantly contribute. ballard has some misses which is expected as nobody is perfect. after this next draft and free agency we should be able to tell just how good his plan is.

Agree to a point, but we gotta stay realistic. If you want to build a dynasty, you need foundation which this teams lacked for so long. Ballard is building just that, but it's unrealistic to expect us to turnaround in a year or two without a HoF qb in the building. 

I think Ballard earned himself the respect and time to do it his way. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

That is factually not true.

29/30 last night. He was out there. Today is not the day to be sticking up for anyone in the secondary to be honest, but beyond that- the dude got beat on big plays frequently, get's targeted frequently and gives up the play. He can make the tackle though. Facts.

2 minutes ago, #12. said:

I had high hopes for Rock, but my main memories are of him grabbing, holding and getting burned.  He needs to work his * off in the offseason.

It's probably just me but I thought Rock's coverage has improved quite a bit from when he first started.  His coverage seems tighter in man coverage than it was in the beginning.  

24 minutes ago, The Fish said:

29/30 last night. He was out there. Today is not the day to be sticking up for anyone in the secondary to be honest, but beyond that- the dude got beat on big plays frequently, get's targeted frequently and gives up the play. He can make the tackle though. Facts.

And Rock was the reason come on. There are 10 other players out there. How many times did hooker and Desir get beat last night. Rock actually had some good coverage.

30 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Was there a corner in last years draft better then Rock after we selected him? Did we get the pick right? Yes or no is the question.

There is no way to answer that after one season. It also going to take at least three seasons to fully evaluate the draft picks.

We keep talking about the oline regressing. They have only given up 20 sacks. Only two more then last year. That’s pretty dang good.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

And Rock was the reason come on. There are 10 other players out there. How many times did hooker and Desir get beat last night. Rock actually had some good coverage.

Re-read what I said. I said "today is not the day to be sticking up for anyone in the secondary". You're reading things into what I'm saying. Rock isn't the sole reason for anything, but he's also had an unimpressive year in coverage. I'm mystified that this is a hot take.