Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard

Moosejawcolt

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Cox isn't in cook's level.    They weren't paying ebron, doyle and cook.   Use your brain

Use your brain. You asked who else Ballard could have bought, and I gave you an answer. With all the money we had available, we could have afforded a better TE3. Could have also afforded a better Safety with Mincah Fitzpatrick.

2 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

This is my beef with Ballard. He's created a narrative, amongst Colts fans, that he is an expert at the draft. Narrative that we can trust him to nail the draft every year. This isn't true. Draft picks are 50/50, and Ballard has not shown us he is capable of exceeding this percentage. For every Darius Leonard, there will be Quincy Wilson. 

He has pretty much nailed the draft. 

23 minutes ago, Pelt said:

The guy was building the team with the understanding that Luck was going to be his QB.

But Luck screwed the team over 2 weeks before the season opener, which has thrown the trajectory of this build off by a decent margin. 

He's had to (Along with the rest of us) sit back and see what he had with Brissett going forward. 

And knowing I'm just guessing here, I would say that Ballard going to see Love play recently tells me he's near the same ballpark in being as satisfied with Brissett's play as the rest of us are.

The Steelers and the Titans, in a sense, lost their starting qbs and kept ticking

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

who are your losses with Luck?

Probably opening day because for some reason Luck always lost on opening day and a game where you normally don't lose like at Pitt. That 11-2 is just based on I do not think he would be perfect. 11-2 would be outstanding though and we would have the division wrapped up. If we had Peyton I would say 13-0. 

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He has pretty much nailed the draft. 

Terrell Basham, Quincy Wilson, Paris Campbell, Rock Ya Sin, Tyquon Lewis. Ballard has whiffed on many high draft picks, which is to be expected. He should have signed a few FA's for insurance. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Probably opening day because for some reason Luck always lost on opening day and a game where you normally don't lose like at Pitt. That 11-2 is just based on I do not think he would be perfect. 11-2 would be outstanding though and we would have the division wrapped up. If we had Peyton I would say 13-0. 

So you're saying we lose for anecdotal reasons like bad opening games, and we always lose to Pitt... 

IMO we would have killed LAC and Pitt. Especially Pitt. 

I think the only game we would have come close to losing to is at Houston.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Terrell Basham, Quincy Wilson, Paris Campbell, Rock Ya Sin, Tyquon Lewis. Ballard has whiffed on many high draft picks, which is to be expected. He should have signed a few FA's for insurance. 

Rock was pretty great tonight. It was the vets who gave up the big plays. Guess what happened whrn rock went out. He has had a great rookie season. Campbell is incomplete. Calling him a bust is dumb. 

This defense has been great playing as many rookies as we have.  There has been way more success then busts. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

So you're saying we lose for anecdotal reasons like bad opening games, and we always lose to Pitt... 

IMO we would have killed LAC and Pitt. Especially Pitt. 

I think the only game we would have come close to losing to is at Houston.

See I think Luck would've manhandled Houston because he did last year and the magnitude of the game. I look at circumstance when factoring this stuff in. As great as QB's can be, going 13-0 rarely happens. Peyton and Brady do it and that is about it.

Look I like Ballard but I’m starting to have my doubts. If your going to be a team that’s built through the draft, you’ve got to hit on the majority of the picks. His first draft doesn’t look all that impressive and this past years draft is up and down. I’ve always said if you take away the Leonard pick, Ballard’s draft rep wouldn’t be what it is now.  

9 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Campbell, Ya Sin, and Lewis are still undetermined.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

How come with the Colts current record and down ward spiral does Ballard seem immune to criticism?  Or a thorough evaluation of his drafts and moves since being the Colts's GM?

I still like the makeup of the team.

We’ve had injuries in the past, but i dont remember being 2,3, and 4 players deep at multiple positions like this.

I also remember thinking in the off-season that we really need one more draft and offseason to get this team where it needs to be.  I think Ballard thinks this too.

THEN..... we lose a top QB (who’s production CAN’T be replaced easily, imo), lose the top half of our WRs, half our CBs at times, our top RB and WR at times.

Im not gonna beat Ballard up yet.  I am anxious to see what they do or dont do at QB.  And i’m interested how he addresses FA and the draft.  
  We also havent been blown out by anyone.  Our guys play hard, theres just something small missing.  

I dont know , i’m trying to stay positive.  

27 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

I'm not evaluating players, just stating facts. With all the money available, Ballard could have bought a better TE3 than Mo Allie Cox. 

MOC is a helleva blocker. Doyle and Ebron were the pass catching TE. What better blocking TEs were available that he should have signed?

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Jared Cook is not signing with the Cokts to be TE3.   He wants to play.   He wants be a bigger piece of the puzzle. 

Stop with the MAC nonsense.   TE3 is the perfect spot for a developing player like him.  

With Ebron being out, Cook would be playing. I don't understand your argument. 

45 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think this is on ballard. Everything that could go wrong has gone wromg. It’s been a comedy of errors. 

We are close. We have been in every game this year with a chance to win in the 4th.

The way we fold in the 4th makes me put more blame on coaching / playcalling.  No?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Look I like Ballard but I’m starting to have my doubts. If your going to be a team that’s built through the draft, you’ve got to hit on the majority of the picks. His first draft doesn’t look all that impressive and this past years draft is up and down. I’ve always said if you take away the Leonard pick, Ballard’s draft rep wouldn’t be what it is now.  

He is trying to build a good foundation with the draft. Once he does that you will probably see him add in FA more. If you don’t build a good foundation it will crumble and you become too heavy. Just watch what will happen to the Texans next couple of years with no first round picks. The defense is probably at a point we could start getting those 1 to 2 playmakers in FA.

29 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

We're at least 11-2 and in it for a 1 seed. And honestly, what game would Luck have lost?

Honest question? We've played a very weak schedule vs a bunch of bad passing Ds. 

With our running game and gelled OL, Luck would have finally had a full year of a good supporting cast.

We have not even sniffed a playoff bye since Manning left. If you believe we’d be 13-0 or even 11-2 with Luck then that would mean that this roster is one of the best in the league. This build is still pretty far from being complete. 

The schedule we played this year maybe does support 11-2 but that’s due to schedule and not because the team is so good. 

Just now, WoolMagnet said:

The way we fold in the 4th makes me put more blame on coaching / playcalling.  No?

I would say it’s 50/50 between coaching and play calling. All year Reich is aggressive for three quarters then turns timid in the fourth coaching not to lose instead of playing to win. It’s really confusing.

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Rock was pretty great tonight. It was the vets who gave up the big plays. Guess what happened whrn rock went out. He has had a great rookie season. Campbell is incomplete. Calling him a bust is dumb. 

This defense has been great playing as many rookies as we have.  There has been way more success then busts. 

If you have been watching what Metcalf has been doing on Seattle, you would understand that Campbell is a huge miss. 

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

See I think Luck would've manhandled Houston because he did last year and the magnitude of the game. I look at circumstance when factoring this stuff in. As great as QB's can be, going 13-0 rarely happens. Peyton and Brady do it and that is about it.

I just think we really lucked out schedule wise and opponent injury wise. Our schedule turned out to be very supportive of a 13-0 run. Luck would have had a pretty bad game (under his average) to lose to one of our opponents. I agree he likely beats Houston on the road, but I think it's also the only game that's close.

2 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

With Ebron being out, Cook would be playing. I don't understand your argument. 

Of course you do. 

Because to get him, we’d would’ve had to sign him.   And Cook would see that we have Doyle and Ebron.  He’s not signing to be the third tight end for any team.   

If you have a developing player, then at some point MAC has to play.   So that he can develop.   You’re making way too much out of way too little. 

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

How come with the Colts current record and down ward spiral does Ballard seem immune to criticism?  Or a thorough evaluation of his drafts and moves since being the Colts's GM?

Our wide receivers are decimated. With the exception of Campbell our WR's are all at one time practice squad players. The fact we are competitive is because of Ballards work to build the team 

5 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

We have not even sniffed a playoff bye since Manning left. If you believe we’d be 13-0 or even 11-2 with Luck then that would mean that this roster is one of the best in the league. This build is still pretty far from being complete. 

The schedule we played this year maybe does support 11-2 but that’s due to schedule and not because the team is so good. 

Yeah I have 11-2 with Luck which is still great. 13-0 with Peyton, and I would go 8-5 with JB being healthy all season. His injury messed him up for a few games.

5 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Again, who would have beat us. We lucked out with a schedule that was much softer than expected. 

This roster isn't complete, but it's by far the strongest a Luck team has ever had. We've had an OL that's been pretty much healthy all year compared to one last year that was musical chairs the first 6 games. Our running game, the same. 

32 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

What games do we lose if Andrew didn't retire?

No one can answer that question. There are no guaranteed wins on the schedule. Andrew has lost plenty of games we’d thought were easy wins. He’s also won a game or 2 we thought we’d have no chance. 

24 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Ya Sin is a whiff in the second round? He played more D snaps than anyone until he got banged up. For a second rounder, not sure what more you can expect from a rookie. He's not struggling with speed or strength, he getting used to scheme and working on technique. Those are things that can easily click in year 2.

Campbell has hardly been on the field. To call him a "Ballard whiff" because of injury, not even knowing how he will develop, is, well, pretty dumb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Again, who would have beat us. We lucked out with a schedule that was much softer than expected. 

This roster isn't complete, but it's by far the strongest a Luck team has ever had. We've had an OL that's been pretty much healthy all year compared to one last year that was musical chairs the first 6 games. Our running game, the same. 

I can’t name who would have beaten us just like you can’t name who we’d have beaten if he had played. 

Jacoby is good enough to win with a really good team around him. This team is not there yet.