P'Son

Was that a lateral?   

29 members have voted

1. 1. Was that a lateral?

• yes
    • no

1 minute ago, TheMiz said:

Was close enough that it should have probably been reviewed 

I agree. And had the ref not blown the whistle, I believe Doyle wouldn't have stopped and would have moved that little cornerback beyond the line to gain.

22 hours ago, EastStreet said:

honestly I don't think JB even thought about it. he just ended up with the ball back in his hands and saw an open guy. doesn't matter to be honest

It does matter with respect to the refs blowing the whistle too soon.  The league needs more pertinent examples as to why they should let the play finish when safety is not the paramount concern.  There have been way too many examples of quick whistles this season.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, P'Son said:

It does matter with respect to the refs blowing the whistle too soon.  The league needs more pertinent examples as to why they should let the play finish when safety is not the paramount concern.  There have been way too many examples of quick whistles this season.

Unless I was watching a different game Doyle was run out of bounds at or behind the line of scrimmage. what is the concern?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

Unless I was watching a different game Doyle was run out of bounds at or behind the line of scrimmage. what is the concern?

The concern is the whistle.  It blew, so he quit trying.  Otherwise, I don't think that 60lb lighter corner back would have stopped him from getting six more feet.

9 minutes ago, P'Son said:

The concern is the whistle.  It blew, so he quit trying.  Otherwise, I don't think that 60lb lighter corner back would have stopped him from getting six more feet.

I think he needed at least 6 more yards. The pass he threw behind Doyle on the play before was a 3 and 6 unless I am mixed upon my plays. I felt it wasn't even a close call.

• Like 1

On the issue of quick whistles, I imagine there are some NE fans you could talk to. In Sunday's game KC TE Kelcie clearly fumbled the ball and a NE player picked it up and was end zone bound for a TD when they blew the whistle. On review NE was given the ball, but didn't score. They lost by seven. Bellichek  was furious. And as much as I hate NE he was right. Cost them the game and possibly home field.

Yeah, I thought it was a lateral too.  Made that comment on the game thread right after it happened.  Not sure if Doyle would have played it differently or not had the whistle not blown.  As with virtually all things with these refs, if reviewed it would have ended up the same way, so I just consider this more water under our broken bridge.

• Like 1