Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Have we found our WR

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Looks like we might have found two really good WR in pascal and Johnson. Pair them up with TY, Campbell and a draft pick next year that could be a force. I don’t think we need to go get a FA next season. Just draft a guy and this WR group will be very good.

Regarding Johnson imagine if he had been here earlier in the season when TY was healthy.  

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Looks like we might have found two really good WR in pascal and Johnson. Pair them up with TY, Campbell and a draft pick next year that could be a force. I don’t think we need to go get a FA next season. Just draft a guy and this WR group will be very good.

Regarding Johnson imagine if he had been here earlier in the season when TY was healthy.  

I think pascal has upside ,need to see more out of Johnson to make a opinion 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Still missing  something.  Maybe draft another rb and elite defensive  player. Shouldn't  have lost up 35 to 21

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

I think pascal has upside ,need to see more out of Johnson to make a opinion 

So far Johnson is making his case. It really does help if we don’t need to spend in FA on a WR. He has some speed and is a good route runner.  He will have a big chance here in the last three games. If he had been healthy he would of helped so much more then Cain.

1 minute ago, John Hammonds said:

The problem with having five viable options in your offense is that, if you have a 2-read QB, options 3 through 5 tend to get nothing.

This isn’t a thread on Jacoby. 

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

So far Johnson is making his case. It really does help if we don’t need to spend in FA on a WR. He has some speed and is a good route runner.  He will have a big chance here in the last three games. If he had been healthy he would of helped so much more then Cain.

Regardless  if it is or not someone  will always bring him up. We need another  rb that is just as good as mack

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You are right.  Seems like every thread eventually becomes one on Jacoby, doesn't it?

I agree, that Zach Pascal has definitely staked a claim to a regular role in the Colts offense, maybe even as a starter.  And I also agree that we should spend a significant draft pick on a receiver this year.  Although for a different reason.  I think TY's trajectory is on the bad side of a career.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

They were both signed off the street and I don't consider either of them as being special.  They both dropped easy catches today.  Johnson at least two.  They are only starting because of injuries to our starters and even Rogers is a borderline starter at best.   Otherwise they are on the bench.  BTW Cox is not a full time starter either.  Our WR core is a mess. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

They were both signed off the street and I don't consider either of them as being special.  They both dropped easy catches today.  Johnson at least two.  They are only starting because of injuries to our starters and even Rogers is a borderline starter at best.   Otherwise they are on the bench.  BTW Cox is not a full time starter either.  Our WR core is a mess. 

Ballard  like wrs with high upsides and high drop rates so even if we draft a wr he might not do much. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would still love a true #1/#2 WR to pair with TY.  A guy with some size.  Basically what we hoped Funchess would/could be.

Campbell at #3, and Pascal and Johnson i can handle at #4 and #5.  Maybe Fountain or other player moves into #4 or #5 or we keep 6.
  We need a guy that makes them think twice about doubling TY.  (Think of the days of Harrison and Wayne.  That is a good comparison in many ways)

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

In a word.....    no. 

Sorry.   

• Thanks 1

I don't see how we can form any opinion on our WRs given our qbs erratic play. Also with funchess lost all year and pretty much campbell, and lately ty, I wouldn't be comfortable saying with any certainty that we should take a wr early.  I'd put that around 4th on positions I'd draft. 

I don't think either of these guys should prevent the Colts from signing a veteran wide receiver and drafting one fairly early next spring. These guys can give the team some decent snaps but neither are guys a team is going deep into the playoffs with if they are playing a high number of snaps.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cbear said:

I don't see how we can form any opinion on our WRs given our qbs erratic play. Also with funchess lost all year and pretty much campbell, and lately ty, I wouldn't be comfortable saying with any certainty that we should take a wr early.  I'd put that around 4th on positions I'd draft

I agree, DL, QB, OT, then WR

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Pascal reminds me of Hines Ward. Tough, Physical, and can block and catch. I like Johnson too good hands. I just wish we had some taller possesion types. TY Pascal and Johnson are all short lol.

I can see that.  I think a poor man’s Hines Ward is a good way to describe him.

• Like 1

Let me set the record straight. I wasn’t saying they are a number two. It won’t prevent us from drafting a WR. But we are in great shape if they are say three and four. I think we can get away from signing a FA. They always bust anyway.

40 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Pascal reminds me of Hines Ward. Tough, Physical, and can block and catch. I like Johnson too good hands. I just wish we had some taller possesion types. TY Pascal and Johnson are all short lol.

Pascal is 6’2.

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I've seen so many swings on the WR situation.

From "we have nobody", and "we have ignored the position for years", to "we have two good ones in Pascal and Johnson".... The narrative seems to change every game.

Saying I think we have a couple good ones does not mean I think we don’t need a stud or a upgrade. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ar7 said:

I don't think either of these guys should prevent the Colts from signing a veteran wide receiver and drafting one fairly early next spring. These guys can give the team some decent snaps but neither are guys a team is going deep into the playoffs with if they are playing a high number of snaps.

I never meant they should be the main guys. But add them to TY and a draft pick with Campbell and we are really good.

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

I would hope Ballard still adds 2 WRs in this upcoming loaded WR draft class. One of which should be a guy who could be the #2 WR right away. Can’t count on Campbell or Pascal to be that guy. 

I never said pascal should be a number two. But boy if he is the number 3 or 4 we are loaded. 

BYW Pascal has size. He is 6’2.

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Saying I think we have a couple good ones does not mean I think we don’t need a stud or a upgrade. 

Your highs and lows are off the charts game to game. 

If Johnson does nothing next week you'll be off him and back to the injury narrative. 

If Johnson has a great game, we'll be talking HoF (like Okereke).. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Regarding Johnson imagine if he had been here earlier in the season when TY was

Johnson had a terrible game????

17 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Your highs and lows are off the charts game to game. 

If Johnson does nothing next week you'll be off him and back to the injury narrative. 

If Johnson has a great game, we'll be talking HoF (like Okereke).. 

No you just misunderstood what I said.  Just because I think they could be keepers doesn’t mean we shouldn’t upgrade. Maybe I should of made that more clear. I was talking about having guys like that as depth and how good that could make this WR group.

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

No, I doubt it.