Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning Will Choose Next Week!

WeSpy

Suprisingly on the Niners forums many are not as keen on the idea as I thought they would be. Many wanted Smith to sign and to just keep last years squad in tact.

Broncos fans sound the most passionate about Manning IMO based on since he went to visit them initially.

Titans fans on the forums are warming up to it but were caught off guard too.

The 49ers fans on their forum seem to love the idea. I'd say 15% dont want manning, rather keep smith and the rest are drooling at getting manning. As far as passionate, you're right, it's denver fans. Titan fans are about split, but agree some are warming up to tye idea like you said.

I can see him in all three, but I think Elway will win and score for the broncos once again.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really feel that all this 'finding a team / weak division to help him get another SB ring' malarky is cheapening his legacy. It's like folk are trying to buy him another title, just because of who he is. but that is just me.

He should be looking to go somewhere he will enjoy playing, not just hunting out a cheap path to the play-offs.

That's all just media speculation, they like to make things up just to have something to talk about. I really doubt those things have factored into his decision. Besides, things change very quickly in the NFL. Just a few years ago, the AFC was much tougher and winning all the SB's. Now it has switched.

if Peyton is in it to win Super Bowls, is best chance is the 49ers.

If Peyton wants to have a FO job after his career is over, he chooses the Titans.

If Peyton wants to stay in the AFC, he goes the Broncos.

I think Peyton would be smart to go to the 49ers because they can win right now and I think in Peyton's heart, he wants to win, even if that means facing his brother possibly twice a year, one in the regular season and one in the postseason

Original 49;r story of non pursuit , thats a March 7th 49'r story, but just this Tues they worked , liked what they saw, and gave a him a physical

Yes, I realize that the link I posted is an old story, bayone, I posted it to help out another member who wasn't sure if the 49ers had always wanted Manning or if they had originally just wanted Alex Smith.

I think that SF is probably a bad idea. I loved Harbaugh as a QB, but he seems like a jerk as a coach, and I don't see Peyton working as well with him as he would with the other choices. Moss could also be a problem. They seem set in their offensive scheme. Trying to change it will hurt everyone but Peyton, and Peyton changing might make him less effective - at least short term - and that isn't likely to be tolerated. They were so close last year that they would have to win the SB next year or Peyton will be considered a failure.

Getting to the SB won't be as easy as many will assume. The Packers are probably still the best team in football, the Giants seem to match up well with them (and there is the Eli factor), any one of the four teams in the south could be dangerous. One of the reasons they had such a dominant record is because their division is so weak, but the Rams have a new coach and their QB is one year older - anything can happen. Things change quickly in the NFL.

The Broncos seem like the best choice to me. Elway knows EXACTLY what Peyton needs to succeed, and will do everything in his power to make it happen (and they have the cap room to try). They have pieces on offense that Peyton could get a lot more out of then Tebow could, and they are rumored (as some mentioned here) to be ready to get Wallace - which would make EVERYTHING else they do on offense open up. It could be interesting.

I'd hate to see him stay in the division, and the Titans owner is creeping me out. I can't believe that Peyton would want to subject himself to that. The fact that the fans already worship the ground that he walks on may not necessarily be a good thing. I'm thinking that he picks Denver. The only downside is the potential hatred from the wacky Tebow worshipers.

Yes, I realize that the link I posted is an old story, bayone, I posted it to help out another member who wasn't sure if the 49ers had always wanted Manning or if they had originally just wanted Alex Smith.

Understand now, thanks , have good weekend

if Peyton is in it to win Super Bowls, is best chance is the 49ers.

If Peyton wants to have a FO job after his career is over, he chooses the Titans.

If Peyton wants to stay in the AFC, he goes the Broncos.

I think Peyton would be smart to go to the 49ers because they can win right now and I think in Peyton's heart, he wants to win, even if that means facing his brother possibly twice a year, one in the regular season and one in the postseason

I think that's exactly why he wont go....

The nightmare for his family is a SF - NYG wild card playoff game....where one brother eliminates the other early

That's why SF is out of the running....in my mind

I think that's exactly why he wont go....

The nightmare for his family is a SF - NYG wild card playoff game....where one brother eliminates the other early

That's why SF is out of the running....in my mind

I dont think that Peyton would play in the same division as Eli, but i do think he would play in the same conference. I mean after all, the Giants miss the playoffs pretty much every year that they dont win the Super Bowl lol

I really can't root for any of these teams.

I dislike the Titans. I dislike the Broncos.

I used to like the Niners more until they got that turd in Moss who I used to say was a jinx and the Pats were better off dumping him.

I will be watching this all unfold though with interest next season for sure. Should be exciting.

I get the feeling you can't root for anyone except Colts or Packers :)

I get the feeling you can't root for anyone except Colts or Packers :)

lol pretty much.

However when Eli played the Pats in the SB twice.....you bet I was rooting for him. ;) Depends on who is playing who in the end though.

TBH I don't know how you say no to Elway but maybe thats just me. (then again saying no to a 150 year old Bud Adams who is giving you everything is tough too lmao). He is probably someone Peyton could talk to with for hours and hours and hours.....and already has.

Everyone remember when Peyton used to go to pro bowls and talk to Bill B. a lot?

Peyton loves to mingle with football legends IMO and I think Elway is 100% in his corner with all this.

THIS.. Good call J... and even more so Peyton is a football "historian" ... He will not go to a team / fanbase that has no "passion" for the game.

I can't imagine he is not in Denver or SF....

Tenn? He is already a legend there... Why go to a bad team when you can still be "YOU" in the state of Tenn. and play for a really good team somewhere else?

I just see Denver making the most football sense. Owner/front office/coach are supportive and seem to be on the same page. They have retooled their offense for a qb last year so they would do it for him. Tons of cap space. Division winner. Not a huge media market. AFC. To be honest I think San Fran has a better overall team but just not sure he fits with Harbaugh. The whole Giants thing messes it up (although I don't think they even make the playoffs next year). I know Tennessee fits all the things I mentioned as well but the owner is just plain crazy and I don't think he wants to play the Colts twice a year in his heart. I hope for either the 9ers or Broncos so I can root for the Colts and Peyton. All this shows me is that I don't believe any of the experts when they say anything about Peyton except quotes. They have no idea what he is doing or thinking. Will be happy when this is over so I can fully get over this whole thing and move on.

THIS.. Good call J... and even more so Peyton is a football "historian" ... He will not go to a team / fanbase that has no "passion" for the game.

I can't imagine he is not in Denver or SF....

Tenn? He is already a legend there... Why go to a bad team when you can still be "YOU" in the state of Tenn. and play for a really good team somewhere else?

Who knows. Remember Dungy said Peyton would have to be comfortable. It might not just be about chasing a ring he said. I know the fans want him to get the ringz (but lets not sound like Pats fans in 2005 ;)) but overall being comfortable in the environment and with the people is up there too.

The pressure of going to SF scares me for him in some ways. They had one awesome year and now it's SB or bust.

TN would likely have the least amount of pressure.

Denver is somewhere in the middle.

Who knows. Remember Dungy said Peyton would have to be comfortable. It might not just be about chasing a ring he said. I know the fans want him to get the ringz (but lets not sound like Pats fans in 2005 ;)) but overall being comfortable in the environment and with the people is up there too.

The pressure of going to SF scares me for him in some ways. They had one awesome year and now it's SB or bust.

I think SF and Denver both have very good D's....

Thus.......... They know they can do it. And they know their QB is not good enough.

Enter Peyton Manning.

Wow you said it all perfectly lol. I keep trying to see who has the edge but I can see benefits for each team. I wish the titans were in the afc west, had sf's defense, and elway as their vice president. That would be perfect :D

I think SF and Denver both have very good D's....

Thus.......... They know they can do it. And they know their QB is not good enough.

Enter Peyton Manning.

Who is willing to let Manning have the most control of the offense? That is where he might end up.

Oh and in the end he WILL get paid.

Wow you said it all perfectly lol. I keep trying to see who has the edge but I can see benefits for each team. I wish the titans were in the afc west, had sf's defense, and elway as their vice president. That would be perfect :D

Pretty much.

All of "us" Colt fans have cried about 2 things the last several years..... When will we start committing to the run and STOPPING the run?

PM is a very smart man... he will be on a team that can do BOTH right now.

Denver or San Fran make total sense.

I think Peyton is better off in the AFC(Denver). In the AFC the main and maybe only threat is Brady. With the 49ers,probably a cinch to win division BUT still will have to win shootouts in playoffs vs Rogers,Breese,up and coming qb's like Stafford & Ryan and don't forget baby bro Eli.Even with the niners good D & easier division the post season is tougher in the NFC,at least till Luck takes over the AFC.

Excellent point!!! Rogers, Brees, Stafford, & Eli Manning are no cake walk in the NFC. Even if the 49ers are skilled on defense, this team is still young & playoff inexperienced yet. Jon Fox & John Elway have been to Superbowls & they are intimately aware of what it takes to get there on a consistent basis. Denver is the only answer Peyton. You know it & I know it.