Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning Will Choose Next Week!

WeSpy

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But M. Vick's contract is worth 80 million and doesn't end until 2016. That'd be tough to sweep under the rug, in my opinion.

He has a large contract but they paid him very little guaranteed/signing bonus dollars based on his history of being a convicted felon and the fear or threat of him doing something else to find himself in blaze orange again.

They would take on a 5.6 cap hit to get rid of him at this point in time, or if they wanted to treat him as a 6/1 cut, it would be a 1.4 hit this year and a 4.2 hit next year.

They aren't married to Vick from a monetary stand point.

I think Peyton is better off in the AFC(Denver). In the AFC the main and maybe only threat is Brady. With the 49ers,probably a cinch to win division BUT still will have to win shootouts in playoffs vs Rogers,Breese,up and coming qb's like Stafford & Ryan and don't forget baby bro Eli.Even with the niners good D & easier division the post season is tougher in the NFC,at least till Luck takes over the AFC.

He has a large contract but they paid him very little guaranteed/signing bonus dollars based on his history of being a convicted felon and the fear or threat of him doing something else to find himself in blaze orange again.

They would take on a 5.6 cap hit to get rid of him at this point in time, or if they wanted to treat him as a 6/1 cut, it would be a 1.4 hit this year and a 4.2 hit next year.

They aren't married to Vick from a monetary stand point.

Thanks! That's why guys like you and UndecidedFrog are invaluable here. I understand just enough to get by, and that's it.

I think Peyton is better off in the AFC(Denver). In the AFC the main and maybe only threat is Brady. With the 49ers,probably a cinch to win division BUT still will have to win shootouts in playoffs vs Rogers,Breese,up and coming qb's like Stafford & Ryan and don't forget baby bro Eli.Even with the niners good D & easier division the post season is tougher in the NFC,at least till Luck takes over the AFC.

True, the postseason is tougher, but can Denver sucessfully get Peyton to the playoffs and in a good spot as much as the 49ers? You raise a good point, though, as the 49ers had the path cleared of Rodgers, Ryan and Stafford. They did play well against Brees and Eli, but Alex Smith was on fire those games.

I just read here that there is 32.5 million guaranteed. Could you help me out with this as well, firejimcaldwell? I know that there are different types of guarantees, so...

http://www.spotrac.c...s/michael-vick/

Signing bonus $7 paid upon signing is guaranteed.

First year salary $13 is also considered guaranteed.

Without the details of the contract in front of me, I can only guess that the second year salary is also guaranteed $12.5

Totals $32.5

Another explanation is that the source you cited has reported it incorrectly.

I just read here that there is 32.5 million guaranteed. Could you help me out with this as well, firejimcaldwell? I know that there are different types of guarantees, so...

http://www.spotrac.c...s/michael-vick/

It looks like i made an error.

His 2012 base salary is fully guaranteed, which coupled with his 2011 base salary and his signing bonus =32.5.

So it would be about 17 million to get rid of him. so yeah they are stuck with him.

Signing bonus $7 paid upon signing is guaranteed.

First year salary $13 is also considered guaranteed.

Without the details of the contract in front of me, I can only guess that the second year salary is also guaranteed $12.5

Totals $32.5

Another explanation is that the source you cited has reported it incorrectly.

It looks like i made an error.

His 2012 base salary is fully guaranteed, which coupled with his 2011 base salary and his signing bonus =32.5.

So it would be about 17 million to get rid of him. so yeah they are stuck with him.

Thanks, guys. And, firejimcaldwell, you're still tied for smartest cap man on the forum... :) As Peyton said, "You've still got the best arm in the neighborhood, Bobby!"

True, the postseason is tougher, but can Denver sucessfully get Peyton to the playoffs and in a good spot as much as the 49ers? You raise a good point, though, as the 49ers had the path cleared of Rodgers, Ryan and Stafford. They did play well against Brees and Eli, but Alex Smith was on fire those games.

I am actually suprised Harbaugh is considering dumping Smith when he wanted him so much to be the QB. Of course it's Peyton but still it suprises me a bit.

Smith has not had stabiltiy at coach and has been improving. He was not great vs. the Giants D but a lot of QBs were not either and Smith did not have a ton of WR help. Ask Rodgers how easy it is to play vs. the Giants d line at times.......

Special teams was the main reason SF fell short.

As for next year chad knows about "the patterns". :) If the patterns hold true again then the NFC East has the next SB winner in it. Every SB winning team since 2006 has played the NFC East. And the AFC West is a jinx.

I am actually suprised Harbaugh is considering dumping Smith when he wanted him so much to be the QB. Of course it's Peyton but still it suprises me a bit.

Smith has not had stabiltiy at coach and has been improving. He was not great vs. the Giants D but a lot of QBs were not either and Smith did not have a ton of WR help. Ask Rodgers how easy it is to play vs. the Giants d line at times.......

As for next year chad knows about "the patterns". :) If the patterns hold true again then the NFC East has the next SB winner in it. Every SB winning team since 2006 has played the NFC East. And the AFC West is a jinx.

I agree on Smith, I think he could be good. Actually, I will just lay a 'blanket like' on mostly your whole post. I have heard that Smith wants more money than the 49ers are willing to give him at this point.

I agree on Smith, I think he could be good. Actually, I will just lay a 'blanket' like on mostly your whole post. I have heard that Smith wants more money than the 49ers are willing to give him at this point.

Well that is something I did not know. Hmmm.......

No Alex Smith will not become Manning or a Rodgers who they passed over for him IMO. But, Harbaugh was really into having Smith at QB.

If they don't get Manning then here is another QB ego to mend........

Well that is something I did not know. Hmmm.......

No Alex Smith will not become Manning or a Rodgers who they passed over for him IMO. But, Harbaugh was really into having Smith at QB.

If they don't get Manning then here is another QB ego to mend........

Yes. But at least they offered him a deal in the beginning and weren't chasing Manning from the start. That should help some.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/07/san-francisco-wont-pursue-manning/

Yes. But at least they offered him a deal in the beginning and weren't chasing Manning from the start. That should help some.

http://blogs.nfl.com...pursue-manning/

Interesting stuff.

I am actually not sure where Peyton goes. Usually I have this gut feeling on these things. I honestly can see a great argument for all 3 teams in the mix.

My mother thinks he goes to TN and will feel the most comfortable there, regardless of the Colts in the same division. He already has fans in TN and loves the area.

I guess we'll see.

Interesting stuff.

I am actually not sure where Peyton goes. Usually I have this gut feeling on these things. I honestly can see a great argument for all 3 teams in the mix.

My mother thinks he goes to TN and will feel the most comfortable there, regardless of the Colts in the same division. He already has fans in TN and loves the area.

I guess we'll see.

'Til next week, then, guys. We'll just have to wonder and speculate until then, I guess. Good night, all.

Suprisingly on the Niners forums many are not as keen on the idea as I thought they would be. Many wanted Smith to sign and to just keep last years squad in tact.

Broncos fans sound the most passionate about Manning IMO based on since he went to visit them initially.

Titans fans on the forums are warming up to it but were caught off guard too.

Suprisingly on the Niners forums many are not as keen on the idea as I thought they would be. Many wanted Smith to sign and to just keep last years squad in tact.

Broncos fans sound the most passionate about Manning IMO based on since he went to visit them initially.

Once they see Manning in the red and gold theyll be sold (hey that rhymed!)

Die hard Niner fans have seen the "post prime" Montana and Young... Peyton is a risk and he will be 36 next season. Buyer beware.

Denver is the best football fan base in the NFL IMO, hands down. I have a cousin that lives in Greeley and I have been there to see it first hand. The stadium shakes.... It is spooky and scary as heck. Tailgating is top notch.

I truly think PM is a Bronco, but the Niners are young and ready also.

Must be nice to be PM right now.

Maybe not so much a jinx but Oak,SD,& KC not appealing to Sponsors/Networks. Denver,this year I would say is appealing for a Super Bowl.

Maybe not so much a jinx but Oak,SD,& KC not appealing to Sponsors/Networks. Denver,this year I would say is appealing for a Super Bowl.

Die hard Niner fans have seen the "post prime" Montana and Young... Peyton is a risk and he will be 36 next season. Buyer beware.

Denver is the best football fan base in the NFL IMO, hands down. I have a cousin that lives in Greeley and I have been there to see it first hand. The stadium shakes.... It is spooky and scary as heck. Tailgating is top notch.

I truly think PM is a Bronco, but the Niners are young and ready also.

Must be nice to be PM right now.

TBH I don't know how you say no to Elway but maybe thats just me. (then again saying no to a 150 year old Bud Adams who is giving you everything is tough too lmao). He is probably someone Peyton could talk to with for hours and hours and hours.....and already has.

Everyone remember when Peyton used to go to pro bowls and talk to Bill B. a lot?

Peyton loves to mingle with football legends IMO and I think Elway is 100% in his corner with all this.

Thats it I say Denver now too. They got the money and they are gonna try to dump Tebow. They must feel pretty comfortable they are going to get Manning since if they DON'T then they got A LOT of damage control with fans concerning Tebow.

My guess is Denver is in the drivers seat.

I am completely clueless on this TN situation. It seems almost TOO desperate.

PETYON MANNING..................

Pick a team already Peyt. Geeze.

How would you like to be a Broncos fan? lmao On their forum they have the LONGEST thread since his first visit there. Some sound like borderline stalkers now with this situation. Titans and Niners fans have catching up to do.

Broncos fans are fierce, I tell ya.

I find this whole situation interesting to watch. After he picks his team it will get more boring though once it's over.

From a Titans fan:

Bud will give him anything he wants. Bud does not care about the cap, about how many good players we are losing; All he sees is a SB ring on his finger. He will sell his soul to the devil for one and Peyton is the intermediary.

We are gonna get the pitchfork, people.

I really feel that all this 'finding a team / weak division to help him get another SB ring' malarky is cheapening his legacy. It's like folk are trying to buy him another title, just because of who he is. but that is just me.

He should be looking to go somewhere he will enjoy playing, not just hunting out a cheap path to the play-offs.

I heard Denver might also give up a first for Wallace. Not sure how true this is though.

Mayock suggested this in particular if they get manning as, he also said they should go all out to ensure weapons etc

I posted it as part of another topic saying with Manning Broncos can win superbowl says Mapock

I wonder if the opportunity in San Francisco is enough to override his desire to leave Eli's Super Bowl runs unhindered...

Yep.

Not for Eli, this is an easy decision for Peyton.

We can talk all we want about Titans offering ownership, Elway giving him freedom but they arent SB ready like 49ers.

I feel for Peyton. Its really a tough decision for him. One side, he wants to win the SB so bad. Other side, he loves his little brother and dont want to be the reason to be on his way.