Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts’ 4th quarter offense today (yikes)

zibby43

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not so sure he doesn't love JB and tries to build around him. I have no idea what he is thinking or what Irsay wants. Irsay wants Luck back would be my guess haha if he had his choice. I do too.

Irsay has hinted at that.  While I would love Luck back I wouldn’t bet on it and I hope the team isn’t.  

• Like 1

We can all blame Jacoby all we want. This season has been a comedy of errors and he is just one piece of that. We have been in position to win every game.  Just a weird season with so many things that went wrong. 

This defense is still not good enough. A good defense plays lights out to hold the lead. 

This is going to be Ballard’s biggest off season of his career.

BTW I saw a tweet awhile back that ballard keeps in touch with Luck.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Texans still play Titans twice. I think Titans will win the division as of now. They have some serious MO.

Did you see how quick they put up points again. That game was tied and in a blink of a  eye they are way ahead. They did that to us, KC, and the jags. Imagine if Tannehill had started the season.

• Like 1

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Did you see how quick they put up points again. That game was tied and in a blink of a  eye they are way ahead. They did that to us, KC, and the jags. Imagine if Tannehill had started the season.

I have never been a fan of Tannehill but he seems to fit that offense like Foles did in Philly. That team isn't messing around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

I wish we could pull a Boston Celtics/Larry Bird move & draft Justin Fields this upcoming draft & then get him the next year.  That kid is making grown man throws.  While we're at it draft David Bell from Purdue for two years from now...

If they were going to do that you take Trevor Lawrence.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

If they were going to do that you take Trevor Lawrence.

Not me. I like Fields better.  I've liked him better since he beat Lawrence out at the Elite 11 competition for the best high school QB.  They'll get the chance to rematch in the national semifinals.  But I'm taking Fields over Lawrence every time.  Lawrence is my number 2. I only like Burrow in this year's draft. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Painter plays, maybe so haha . 

Well, I’m definitely starting Brees in my FF next week, lol.  I made the mistake of not playing him today and started Rodgers but fortunately I still won my quarter finals match up.   

Brees put up astronomical numbers in a tough loss so I’m sure they’ll just go crazy on us.  Hopefully the games competitive with the Colts having a chance in the fourth but I’m not feeling too confident.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Well, I’m definitely starting Brees in my FF next week, lol.  I made the mistake of not playing him today and started Rodgers but fortunately I still won my quarter finals match up.   

Brees put up astronomical numbers in a tough loss so I’m sure they’ll just go crazy on us.  Hopefully the games competitive with the Colts having a chance in the fourth but I’m not feeling too confident.

This is year 6 with playing in a 12 team league with close to the same players every year. I had a bye week this week finishing 2nd. I won it all last year with Luck as my QB lmao but the previous years I always finished like 5th or 6th. It took me long enough to win it, a lot of it is being lucky haha . I am going for a repeat this year. I have Lamar at QB. I can't even believe I won it all last year, you should see the guys I play against. They bring in laptops and notepads and look serious lmao . I am not kidding. We always meet up every year at a local bar and do the draft.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Watch those first qtr. Passes.... The majority of those he's locking onto his target while still in the huddle.... Ok, not that early, but not only are those plays scripted... He's picking his man and making no attempt at reading the d or going through progressions, it's throw to option a scramble and pray option a gets open, or take off.... Late game?  God knows how limited the play calls are considering the above is describing your QB....

He seems a lot more nervous in the 4th quarter (many times not all) and really zones in on the "wrist band coach", he also definitely telegraphs.  But sometimes he seems "on it". There's the good and the bad all wrapped up into one (Jekyll & Hyde).  I hope his pre-snap reads get better, because his awareness of blitzes and what to do then is atrocious at times.

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Something that is really confusing is Reich wanted a top 5 running offense. Now they have it and he refuses to use it in the 4th quarter with leads. That’s when you see if the oline can take over.

Lord Chloe, someone points out JBs horrible QB rating in the 4th quarter and you turn it around and are putting it all on FR. You always play the blame game but it is never JBs fault.

3 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Lord Chloe, someone points out JBs horrible QB rating in the 4th quarter and you turn it around and are putting it all on FR. You always play the blame game but it is never JBs fault.

No. It’s just a piece of the puzzle and why Reich even said himself his coaching has to get better. He said he wanted a top run offense for situations where we are ahead in the 4th quarter. It’s just one piece of why we are failing in the 4th quarter.

What a choke job by the Colts yesterday.  That zone defense was getting buzz sawed.  Walker, Ya-Sin and Quincy were popular targets.  Sickening.  Every time you see those guys or anyone really, give up a catch in coverage, they're a full step off coverage.  Felt like rarely you saw a contested catch.

Then the putrid offense in the 4th quarter... Just the epitome of inefficiency.  I felt like I was watching a Pagano run offense.  We could not run the ball for (Matt Foley voice) jack squat.  All day long.  Our best runs were scrambles and there was an outside zone I believe that netted 13 yards.  But pretty much other than that, nothing.  Especially up the middle.  Apparently that was a no fly zone. 

It was nice to see Brissett throwing downfield.  Hope he does that more often, but dear lord the accuracy of practically all his throws except the TD to Pascal was awful.  Throwing behind guys, the long throws looked like the ball had a parachute on the descent.  Plus they were underthrown.  A better secondary would have picked at least two of them. 

We looked lost out there a couple of times with the timeout call after we had already taken a timeout.  The play was just as befuddling.  It's a wonder we even put up points on the scoreboard despite the play.  The JB  pass to himself, Marcus Johnson was wide open, but Glowinsky looked like he tried to pass protect with his eyes closed.  I thought that was a bad call, but the OL has to give JB a fighting chance.  I don't care for any excuses about young OL, you are a paid professional and you are one of the better offensive lines in the league, you can't miss that badly when you are in a 4th-down-do-or-die situation.

What's the capital of Thailand?  Yeah, there were 53 guys doing that to themselves along with the coaching staff.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is year 6 with playing in a 12 team league with close to the same players every year. I had a bye week this week finishing 2nd. I won it all last year with Luck as my QB lmao but the previous years I always finished like 5th or 6th. It took me long enough to win it, a lot of it is being lucky haha . I am going for a repeat this year. I have Lamar at QB. I can't even believe I won it all last year, you should see the guys I play against. They bring in laptops and notepads and look serious lmao . I am not kidding. We always meet up every year at a local bar and do the draft.

Lamar is just a monster lol.  Good pick up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

No. It’s just a piece of the puzzle and why Reich even said himself his coaching has to get better. He said he wanted a top run offense for situations where we are ahead in the 4th quarter. It’s just one piece of why we are failing in the 4th quarter.

Interesting fact I came across today .Leading after 3 quarters, here is the percentage of games lost by Colt QBs:

Manning-6.7% (14/208)

Luck-       3.5% (3/86)

Brissett- 25.9% (7/27

Reich only has been his coach 1 year. Pagano the other year.

idc how bad the def played the offense got 4 gifted turnovers and still couldn’t score enough..and it’s not the first game they’ve done this it’s been consistently bad in sooo many games unlike the defense..how many times had the offense been shut down leaving. up to Vinny to miss a kick or have it blocked..how many times has JB thrown a pick in crunch time..the offense just can’t FINISH period every year majority of blame goes to the def but the damn O always decides to play “One half” of football and never play seriously in the 4th and once we lose or the def finally caves after the O goes 3 and out 10 times we decide to blame the def we gave Winston nonstop opportunities to score and eventually that’s what he began doing While THROWING PICKS but yes let’s blame the Def for getting turnovers and a Pick 6..take those turnovers away how many times do you think this O scores?