Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dw49

Wow ... the ultimate hold.

Recommended Posts

I can't believe no one has mentioned the insane hold on Winstons last TD pass. I believe it was Sheard that it was performed on. I really had mixed emotions on whether I wanted a win or a loss, but honest to God that hols was actually comical. O lineman on the left side of the line , grabbed Sheard's jersey as he was blowing by. He held on and dragged him down from behind , hanging on to the jersey for dear life. If you have the game taped , have a look. It's insane a player actually got away with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dw49 said:

I can't believe no one has mentioned the insane hold on Winstons last TD pass. I believe it was Sheard that it was performed on. I really had mixed emotions on whether I wanted a win or a loss, but honest to God that hols was actually comical. O lineman on the left side of the line , grabbed Sheard's jersey as he was blowing by. He held on and dragged him down from behind , hanging on to the jersey for dear life. If you have the game taped , have a look. It's insane a player actually got away with that.

Autrey got tackled on that play too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if we're taking about the same play, but on one of those last plays Autry literally got tackled.

 

It's the NFL today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw it. It may have been on Autry.  It was on the back shoulder throw.  Didn't know a jersey could stretch that far.  It was that blatant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dw49 said:

You guys could be correct... it may have not been Sheard.

You were correct. It was obvious and should have been called. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

I’m sure our Secondary would have  just let them score or on the next play anyway 

 

Yeah .. I'm just astounded that that play could possibly go undetected. We're better off losing as 3-4 spots in the draft can be pretty big.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NFL has been absolute terrible this season with refs and they just got a new CBA. They missed blatant holds and by that I mean outstretched arms and wouldn't call, like the Bucs would go a game without a hold on Offense is crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dw49 said:

I can't believe no one has mentioned the insane hold on Winstons last TD pass. I believe it was Sheard that it was performed on. I really had mixed emotions on whether I wanted a win or a loss, but honest to God that hols was actually comical. O lineman on the left side of the line , grabbed Sheard's jersey as he was blowing by. He held on and dragged him down from behind , hanging on to the jersey for dear life. If you have the game taped , have a look. It's insane a player actually got away with that.

Everyone saw it.  It wasnt called, why bring it up?  Spilt milk.  Holding in the trenches is commonplace.  Sometimes called, this case not.  Incredibly obvious though, you're right about that. 

 

I'm more concerned there are mixed emotions about winning a professional sporting event.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was awful and as much as I would like to blame the refs you can’t when you win the turnover battle 4 to 1 score 35 points and have far fewer flags on the game as a whole.  Bad missed call but least of the Colts worries right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

Everyone saw it.  It wasnt called, why bring it up?  Spilt milk.  Holding in the trenches is commonplace.  Sometimes called, this case not.  Incredibly obvious though, you're right about that. 

 

I'm more concerned there are mixed emotions about winning a professional sporting event.......

 

Next time I'll check with you before I post . I brought it up as it's far from "common place" for a player to be dragged to the ground by his jersey and not see it called. No Spilt milk nor do I even blame the refs for the loss. Was well officiated other than that crazy no call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dw49 said:

 

Next time I'll check with you before I post . I brought it up as it's far from "common place" for a player to be dragged to the ground by his jersey and not see it called. No Spilt milk nor do I even blame the refs for the loss. Was well officiated other than that crazy no call.

So sensitive.  I just answered why I thought nobody was mentioning it. 

 

If we brought up every no call holding penalty across 32 teams every weekend (byes outstanding) we'd never cover anything else.  And that obvious no call is unfortunately far from commonplace.

 

Please, No need to check with me, I'm just a normal dude watching the same games you are.  Post whatever youd like, i actually enjoy reading them.  I actually enjoyed yours enough to respond.

 

Getting in a twist if someone engages with your opinion is a recipe for frustration tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

That was awful and as much as I would like to blame the refs you can’t when you win the turnover battle 4 to 1 score 35 points and have far fewer flags on the game as a whole.  Bad missed call but least of the Colts worries right now.

I agree almost like we were destined to lose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

So sensitive.  I just answered why I thought nobody was mentioning it. 

 

If we brought up every no call holding penalty across 32 teams every weekend (byes outstanding) we'd never cover anything else.  And that obvious no call is unfortunately far from commonplace.

 

Please, No need to check with me, I'm just a normal dude watching the same games you are.  Post whatever youd like, i actually enjoy reading them.  I actually enjoyed yours enough to respond.

 

Getting in a twist if someone engages with your opinion is a recipe for frustration tho.

 

I brought it up as IMO this was ridiculously blatant .. actually funny. I seriously replayed it 3-4 times and laughed . This is a Colt's forum and bringing up a player being yanked to the ground from behind by his jersey on the game winning play is worth mentioning ... no ?  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • It's unlikely that this happens.   However, if it did, you'd have to be nuts not to want him back on your team. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.  Some people are upset, sure. But you'd pass on a top 5 QB because of emotional entanglements? Insanity.
    • I’ve been in this boat for a couple months now. Even if we start a season I don’t see any way we end it, so it’s hard for me to put any kind of stock into players opting out one way or another. 
    • https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/dolphins-owner-turns-to-company-he-invested-in-for-covid-19-protection   Dolphins using special UV lighting to sanitize locker room and meeting rooms. Pretty cool stuff and the kind of ingenuity it takes to move forward.
    • That is how I became a Cub fan as well. I got cable tv in 1984 and the Cubs were always on WGN with Harry calling games and I got addicted. The 1984 team was great too (fun year) and should've been in the WS but blew a 2-0 nothing lead in the NLCS. I loved Ryne Sandberg and Rick Sutcliffe. In 1987 the Cubs were mediocre but Andre Dawson won NL MVP and once again the Cubs were fun to watch. I just stayed a fan since then even through the lean years and there have been many. Finally in 2015 the Cubs became a powerhouse and have been since then winning a WS in 2016. Off year last year but 84-78 was still a winning season. So far this season, the Cubs look great again.
    • Here is where I sit. Which is a safer situation to be in. A controlled environment that is constantly testing and taking measures to limit contact, sanitize, and limit  the spread of the disease and because you are being tested so often could likely notify you that you caught it sooner and help protect you from spreading it to your family and allow you quicker treatment all the while making millions of dollars well i think that would be a better option. Staying at home isn’t exactly safe...and I’d be surprised these guys aren’t at more risk by opting out then opting in. That said it’s a free country and if they are worried about their health that is respectable....I mean sure they play the most violent and harmful sport/activity that one could so obviously worrying about their health goes so far but it’s their right to choose. Just know you while you are sitting someone is taking your job and that money you pass up there is no other job after football that you can make up that money in.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...