Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wow ... the ultimate hold.

dw49

I can't believe no one has mentioned the insane hold on Winstons last TD pass. I believe it was Sheard that it was performed on. I really had mixed emotions on whether I wanted a win or a loss, but honest to God that hols was actually comical. O lineman on the left side of the line , grabbed Sheard's jersey as he was blowing by. He held on and dragged him down from behind , hanging on to the jersey for dear life. If you have the game taped , have a look. It's insane a player actually got away with that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dw49 said:

I can't believe no one has mentioned the insane hold on Winstons last TD pass. I believe it was Sheard that it was performed on. I really had mixed emotions on whether I wanted a win or a loss, but honest to God that hols was actually comical. O lineman on the left side of the line , grabbed Sheard's jersey as he was blowing by. He held on and dragged him down from behind , hanging on to the jersey for dear life. If you have the game taped , have a look. It's insane a player actually got away with that.

Autrey got tackled on that play too.

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

I’m sure our Secondary would have  just let them score or on the next play anyway 

Yeah .. I'm just astounded that that play could possibly go undetected. We're better off losing as 3-4 spots in the draft can be pretty big.

2 hours ago, dw49 said:

Everyone saw it.  It wasnt called, why bring it up?  Spilt milk.  Holding in the trenches is commonplace.  Sometimes called, this case not.  Incredibly obvious though, you're right about that. 

I'm more concerned there are mixed emotions about winning a professional sporting event.......

25 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

Everyone saw it.  It wasnt called, why bring it up?  Spilt milk.  Holding in the trenches is commonplace.  Sometimes called, this case not.  Incredibly obvious though, you're right about that. 

I'm more concerned there are mixed emotions about winning a professional sporting event.......

Next time I'll check with you before I post . I brought it up as it's far from "common place" for a player to be dragged to the ground by his jersey and not see it called. No Spilt milk nor do I even blame the refs for the loss. Was well officiated other than that crazy no call.

13 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Next time I'll check with you before I post . I brought it up as it's far from "common place" for a player to be dragged to the ground by his jersey and not see it called. No Spilt milk nor do I even blame the refs for the loss. Was well officiated other than that crazy no call.

So sensitive.  I just answered why I thought nobody was mentioning it. 

If we brought up every no call holding penalty across 32 teams every weekend (byes outstanding) we'd never cover anything else.  And that obvious no call is unfortunately far from commonplace.

Please, No need to check with me, I'm just a normal dude watching the same games you are.  Post whatever youd like, i actually enjoy reading them.  I actually enjoyed yours enough to respond.

Getting in a twist if someone engages with your opinion is a recipe for frustration tho.

59 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

That was awful and as much as I would like to blame the refs you can’t when you win the turnover battle 4 to 1 score 35 points and have far fewer flags on the game as a whole.  Bad missed call but least of the Colts worries right now.

I agree almost like we were destined to lose

37 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

So sensitive.  I just answered why I thought nobody was mentioning it. 

If we brought up every no call holding penalty across 32 teams every weekend (byes outstanding) we'd never cover anything else.  And that obvious no call is unfortunately far from commonplace.

Please, No need to check with me, I'm just a normal dude watching the same games you are.  Post whatever youd like, i actually enjoy reading them.  I actually enjoyed yours enough to respond.

Getting in a twist if someone engages with your opinion is a recipe for frustration tho.

I brought it up as IMO this was ridiculously blatant .. actually funny. I seriously replayed it 3-4 times and laughed . This is a Colt's forum and bringing up a player being yanked to the ground from behind by his jersey on the game winning play is worth mentioning ... no ?