Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I do think its weird how this Julio Jones chatter keeps staying attached to us
    • Between Canada and the USA?   I usually drive to Montréal twice a year and was planning on Quebec last summer ....   hopefully this summer.  
    • If Doyle doesn’t retire already had him being cut saving the Colts $5.45 million against the cap next season.  A replacement in FA would be TE Dallas Goedert (Eagles).  In Round 1 am projecting TE Jalen Wydermyer from Texas A&M to be a target.   Both Rhodes and Carrie I project to be unsigned.  RCB Rasul Douglas (Raiders) would be a backup RCB might be a target.  If we had the cap space RCB Darious Williams (Rams) went UDFA to NFL star 11m valuation (15m easily).  Still hold out on adding FS Marcus Williams (Saints) who is playing on a 10.6m tag.  Should get around 4yr/60m 35m guaranteed.   In the end I doubt the Colts sign any of these options and focus on the draft.   I like the Sam Tevi addition and think the Colts got a steal of a deal for him.  Am hoping Fisher is healthy and can start by week 5 giving the Colts an option to trade Tevi to a team that just drafted a rookie LT that is struggling or got injured and need trade capital.  See Will Holden as our 3rd LT and Davenport getting released during cut downs.  One idea is to sign Fisher to his one year contract this year and use additional capital to go after someone younger like RT Brian O’Neill (Vikings).  Was very high on O’Neill coming out of college as a LT.  O’Neill and Smith are two of the best players currently playing RT that moved from original college positions and have flourished.  O’Neill would be a long-shot addition but would create options to mix-n-match scenarios here.  Either way by not drafting a rookie OL that can start we are going to be financially hurting I believe next off-season unless we cut players like Doyle and Stewart with a Post-June 1 designation.  I don’t see the Colts being aggressive next off-season in Free Agency but below is an early look to next off-season have been working on.   FA Adds RT Brian O’Neill (move to LT) 4yr/64m 16m APY with 30m guaranteed.  Option 2: resign Fisher with 2 year extension 12m/15m   Cut IDL Grover Stewart – save 8.125m or 9.378m June 1 Cut TE Jack Doyle – save 5.45m   Resign/Extend LB Darius Leonard -not a true MLB. My original offer 5 years $82.5 million 40m guaranteed  RT Braden Smith 4/58m 30m guaranteed LG Nelson 5 years $85 million (17m) = 15m, 16m, 17m, 18m, 19m – top LG makes 14.781m / yr TE Mo Allie-Cox 3yr/20.8 or 6.93 APY (5.5-6.8-8.5)  WR Zach Pascal 3/24 8m APY (5.4-8.6-10)  LDE Tyquan Lewis 3/11.4m 3.8m APY (2.2m, 3.8m, 5.4m)  RB Nyheim Hines 3yr/13.645m (4.55m APY) (base 3.9m, 4.5m 5.65m with 1.35m roster bonus each year) Similar to A. Eckler  DE Kemoko Turay 1/2m  LT Will Holden 1/1.4m 1 C Joey Hunt 1/1.25m 9 RG/LG Chris Reed (OTC eval 6.3m backup capable of 13.4m pay play) signed for 1.127m renew 1/1.75m RG Glowinski 2yr/18m DE Al-Quadin Muhammad 1yr/4m 12.063m cap space IDL Isaac Rochell 2/3-3.5m 9.063m cap space   2022 Early Draft    Edge Kayvon Thibodeaux, Edge, Oregon RD 1 Drake Jackson, Edge, USC – or LB good 2019 RD 1 Myjai Sanders, EDGE, Cincinnati – all day every day good hand moves and pass deflections RD 2 George Karlaftis III, DL, Purdue – solid 2019 7.5 sacks 1 FF 2 PDs – great field awareness hands for Ints Aidan Hutchinson, IDL, Michigan 2019 only decent year 4.5 sacks 2 FFs 6 PDs.  6’6” 269 LBS.  Great catch-up speed RD 2-3   CB   Derek Stingley JR, CB, LSU – career year in 2019 6 INTs and 15 PDs.  Low 2020 but FF RD 1 Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida – low tkls, 2-3 INTs/yr improved 2020 with 11 PDs RD 1-2 Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati – 3 INTs each year 2020/2019 and 6-8 PDs RD 1 Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn – 1 FF capable of INTs and decent at PDs 6/11 2020/2019   S Kyle Hamilton, S, ND – hands for INTs and 6-7 PDs/yr RD 1 Kolby Harvell-Peel, S, Oklahoma State – sacks, FFs, hands for INTs and 2019 13 PDs RD 2-3   WR Justyn Ross, WR, Clemson RD 2 George Pickens, WR, Georgia RD 1 John Metchie III, WR, Alabama RD 2-3 Romeo Doubs, WR, Nevada   LB Christian Harris, LB, Alabama – size, sacks, FF, Int RD 1-2 Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah - size, sacks, FF, Int – low on PDs   OL RG Cain Madden, Marshall Finished top 10 among RGs RT Evan Neal, Alabama R2-3 RT Darian Kinnard, Kentucky R3-4   Come draft day be it Round 1 or Round 2 would like to see the Colts address either WR or CB early but with our Edges I wouldn’t be upset if we drafted someone like Myjai Sanders (Cincinnati).  Realize pay scale always influx and we hope the cap increases at the end of next year and players might just play to bigger contracts.  Good baseline to start with and reason why teams draft rookies to help off-set the rising costs of contract extensions.  
    • As you likely guessed, I think we either re-sign Fisher or re-sign one OR both of Tevi and/or Davenport.   Figured if we couldn’t find a LT that worked for us at pick 54 this year,  we’re likely not going to find one in the 2nd round next year.  I think we’d fill the hole with someone until 2023 and use our 1st in that draft to fill the LT.  But for now, I’m guessing EF.      As to CB, if we had to, we could go corner in the 2nd and TE in the 3rd.  But, for whatever reason, I’m far more optimistic on Rock and Tell than most here.  
    • Believe it or not, some people thought JT was better than Saquan
  • Members

• cjrichard

cjrichard 66

• Giddie Up

Giddie Up 0

Rookie
    • Defjamz26

Defjamz26 2,218

• Fourstar40

Fourstar40 16

• coltsfan_canada