Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nothing positive to say

GoColts8818

33 minutes ago, IinD said:

People loved it at the time. But as per usual you suck if you're not great right off the bat.

Well to this point he has sucked, there is no other way to say it.  Now does that mean he is a bust?  Too early to tell but he has been a huge disappointment this far.  It doesn’t mean he should be written off yet.  Like I said in another thread I’d give him an incomplete due to all the injuries if I was grading him.

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yes I know there are positives to take away from this game but it’s clear Jacoby isn’t the answer at QB and I am starting to wonder about the coaches.  You can’t win the turnover battle 4-1 outscore them 17-0 off turnovers and lose.  The coaches were way too conservative after the last turnover they got.  Waisting a timeout to call a screen pass that you have called in that situation all day was just bad.  Even when things worked liked the fourth down play at the end of the half it was beyond dumb to even being going for it there.  Just take the points and don’t gamble for the sake of gambling because sooner or later you will crap out and it will cost you.  Sticking with the zone defense and blitzing nonstop despite it getting shredded and then going man when you put a backup corner in there.    The safeties constantly being out of position.  This was just awful.  Worst game the Colts have played and coached all year.  Don’t let the deep passes fool you, Brissett couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn outside of those couple of big throws.  This team is not a winner and it’s playing like it finding ways to lose.   I know people are going to come in here and spin it and attack me because I am very disappointed in the way the team played today. That’s fine and while there are some positives take away that’s the case in every game.  I’d encourage you not to get blinded by your blue glasses and see today for what it was, a losing team finding away to lose.  

The positives are that Brissett is helping us get a higher draft position.

I think this team has finally reached its breaking point. When your number one QB retires as he did. Our number one WR is hurt. Our DB’s are limited because of injuries. Our coaching staff limited because of the lack of A-1 talent. You put so much stress on the remaining few good players you have left. They will eventually break.

My Colts gave it all, but it wasn’t meant to be this year. 

At this point they need to look ahead to the off season. Some changes need to be made. 
WR-1 (Ty has I think less than 400 receiving yards this year- this late in the season) QB-1 (Jacoby is very, very limited see the game plans lately). If they don’t address nothing else in the 2020 draft. Please, Please, Please get QB-1 and WR-1 right 

• Like 1