Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
stitches

Conferences Championship Games: discussions, impressions, etc.

I didn't know where to post my thoughts on the games today, so I decided this week of college football is worth its own thread. So here we go... 

Here are the games 

BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

12:00 pm #7 Baylor vs #6 Oklahoma

SUN BELT CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

12:00 pm Louisiana vs #21 Appalachian State

MAC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

12:00 pm Miami (OH) vs Central Michigan

CONFERENCE USA CHAMPIONSHIP

1:30 pm UAB vs Florida Atlantic

AMERICAN ATHLETIC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

3:30 pm #20 Cincinnati vs #17 Memphis

SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

4:00 pm #4 Georgia vs #2 LSU

MOUNTAIN WEST CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

4:00 pm Hawai'i vs #19 Boise State

ACC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

7:30 pm #23 Virginia vs #3 Clemson

BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

8:00 pm #1 Ohio State vs #8 Wisconsin

What are you guys looking forward to watch? 

^this is the exact thing I've been saying about Hurts... he's way too much like Brissett as a pocket passer and I don't really want to rely on his running. This is the reason I personally would not want to draft him. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can't wait to see that LSU/Georgia game. I may be wrong but I think LSU keeps their train rolling. 

I'm more interested to see how Fromm does. It's very likely they will need to actually score some points in order to win this one, so Fromm will need to move the ball and make things happen. This is important game for his draft profile. 

• Like 3

So far I have not been impressed in what I have seen from these QB that are supposed to go high in the draft.  

I know that Jalen has improvements that need to be made but look at what he has done when he has a legit coach who helps him. 

Kiffin- 2016

2,780 yards, 23 TD, 9 INT- passing

954 yards, 13 TD- Rushing

Lincoln Riley- 2019

3,039 yards, 28 TD, 5 INT- passing

983 yards, 15 TD- rushing

Led Alabama to Back to Back CFP Championship Games. Then went to Oklahoma and led to CFP Playoff. 

All I’m saying is he intrigued me and the kid is a WINNER, everywhere he goes. Also he improves. 

imagine what Reich could do with him. 

5 hours ago, stitches said:

I didn't know where to post my thoughts on the games today, so I decided this week of college football is worth its own thread. So here we go... 

Here are the games 

BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

12:00 pm #7 Baylor vs #6 Oklahoma

SUN BELT CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

12:00 pm Louisiana vs #21 Appalachian State

MAC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

12:00 pm Miami (OH) vs Central Michigan

CONFERENCE USA CHAMPIONSHIP

1:30 pm UAB vs Florida Atlantic

AMERICAN ATHLETIC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

3:30 pm #20 Cincinnati vs #17 Memphis

SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

4:00 pm #4 Georgia vs #2 LSU

MOUNTAIN WEST CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

4:00 pm Hawai'i vs #19 Boise State

ACC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

7:30 pm #23 Virginia vs #3 Clemson

BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

8:00 pm #1 Ohio State vs #8 Wisconsin

What are you guys looking forward to watch? 

Hi Stitches,

There is a College Football thread for the whole season. There are not many posts but I thought I'd mention it since you wrote that you were not sure where to post this. 

I am looking forward to Georgia and LSU. My favorite college QB is playing. Fromm is not the better of the two but he is the type of QB I like. He does not have glossy stats but seems to have all the intangibles. 

Note: I'm not sure where the Purdue Boilermakers logo came from. It does not show on the College Football thread.

• Like 2

Re: Georgia -- LSU

Joe Burrow looked like Aaron Rodgers on this first TD throw. He had so much time to throw!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Re: Georgia -- LSU

Joe Burrow looked like Aaron Rodgers on this first TD throw. He had so much time to throw!

Burrow is a baller. AND a good QB. I can't believe this transformation. Someone's gonna get a real nice player. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Burrow is a baller. AND a good QB. I can't believe this transformation. Someone's gonna get a real nice player. 

I agree. He may be the only sure thing in the draft at QB. I would be surprised if ends up being a bust. He is going #1.

• Like 1

Fromm is pushing it... he's made some uncharacteristic mistakes with somewhat easy throws. He's feeling the pressure of having to score a ton of points. I hope he settles down a bit. 

Why was that not a fumble on that LSU player earlier? The player caught the pass, fell and lost the ball BEFORE he was touched by any Georgia player. 

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. He may be the only sure thing in the draft at QB. I would be surprised if ends up being a bust. He is going #1.

He transferred from Ohio State, I believe. How did they let him go?

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Why was that not a fumble on that LSU player earlier? The player caught the pass, fell and lost the ball BEFORE he was touched by any Georgia player. 

Because they don't need to be touched to be down. If knee or forearm, etc touched the ground the player is ruled down. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

Because they don't need to be touched to be down. If knee or forearm, etc touched the ground the player is ruled down. 

I guess that is in College football. In the NFL, you have to be touched.

• Like 2

Burrow is clearly ready to start in the NFL.

Fromn actually doesn’t look bad it’s just he has been inaccurate and WR have dropped the ball.  I can see him as a NFL QB if he just works in his accuracy. They did mention his accuracy took a hit with WR injuries. They also mentioned his personality which tends to not be a alpha which hurts his leadership skills.

Burrow looked like an NFL QB for sure. Calm and poised, pocket awareness. If his receivers didn’t drop passes he would be killing Georgia.

16 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Burrow looked like an NFL QB for sure. Calm and poised, pocket awareness. If his receivers didn’t drop passes he would be killing Georgia.

Oh he's killing Georgia now....27-37 347 and 4 tds...in 3 quarters.

I have a feeling outside of Burrow and TUA there are going to be a lot of QB busts out of this draft. If the colts can’t get Love and develop him for a year we might be screwed. Some of these teams that need QB are going to be in trouble. Maybe they decide to build their team and wait for a QB in a later round. Some of these guys might drop. Didn’t Mariota go to Oregon. Seems that system hurts players going to the next level.

7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

He transferred from Ohio State, I believe. How did they let him go?

The Buckeyes had a better QB in Haskins.. 

26 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

The Buckeyes had a better QB in Haskins.. 

Thank you.

Do you think Haskins will become a successful starting NFL QB?

13 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Some of these teams that need QB are going to be in trouble.

they will just have to try again next year.  teams swing and miss in the draft it happens 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

they will just have to try again next year.  teams swing and miss in the draft it happens 

Furthermore - this is the best strategy when it comes to QBs. If you don't have a franchise QB you are screwed in the league... so... when you don't have one you try and try again until you get one. 

11 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you.

Do you think Haskins will become a successful starting NFL QB?

Haha no.. not with that %show in Washington. I cringed when Washington took him.