Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

'Want ad' in the Star?


Rally5

Recommended Posts

I'm thinking about pulling together a go fund me to take out a full page want ad in the Indianapolis Star (in the off-season) asking Andrew to unretire and give us 5 more years...bad idea?  Who's with me? Could be fun, make up for some boo's!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Colts Fan In L.A. said:

That would be a great gesture and would definitely get the attention from all media outlets haha

I will 100% do it if the fans support it and we could do it well.  Need funding of course...

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

I'm thinking about pulling together a go fund me to take out a full page want ad in the Indianapolis Star (in the off-season) asking Andrew to unretire and give us 5 more years...bad idea?  Who's with me? Could be fun, make up for some boo's!!!

Why would you want a guy who quit on the team to come back, just to quit on the team again?

 

I wish no ill will on Luck and I hope in future years he can look back on his decision and feel it was the right decision.  But I also don't want him back on my favorite team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Why would you want a guy who quit on the team to come back, just to quit on the team again?

 

I wish no ill will on Luck and I hope in future years he can look back on his decision and feel it was the right decision.  But I also don't want him back on my favorite team.

Because:

1. He's an amazing guy with some issues to work out, I can forgive that...

2. He's a 30 YO Hall of Fame talent.

3. He can bring us a Super Bowl.

Seems like three really good reasons off the top of my head or we can hope for the best the next 20 years because lightning won't strike the same place three times in a row.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

Because:

1. He's an amazing guy with some issues to work out, I can forgive that...

And his issues made him quit on his team

31 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

2. He's a 30 YO Hall of Fame talent.

He's 30 years old hall of Fame talent who quit on his team

31 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

3. He can bring us a Super Bowl.

No he cannot, because he quit on the team.

31 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

Seems like three really good reasons off the top of my head or we can hope for the best the next 20 years because lightning won't strike the same place three times in a row.

Quite frankly, lightning didn't strike twice.  The 2nd lightning quit on his team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

If Luck don't have the desire to play, then better off without him.

Uncommitted Andrew Luck is better than all but a few NFL quarterbacks...

I don't think the ad would do anything, but it'd be an awesome gesture, especially after how he last left Lucas Oil Stadium

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rally5 said:

I'm thinking about pulling together a go fund me to take out a full page want ad in the Indianapolis Star (in the off-season) asking Andrew to unretire and give us 5 more years...bad idea?  Who's with me? Could be fun, make up for some boo's!!!

Andrew is a top 5 QB in the league right now. He has to want to do it though = comeback. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

JB is used to it by now. If he reads this forum, he probably thinks people think he stinks anyway. Sad because JB is above average, he just isn't Luck.

 

I mean you only read these forums as a player If you want to feel like crap. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

And his issues made him quit on his team

He's 30 years old hall of Fame talent who quit on his team

No he cannot, because he quit on the team.

Quite frankly, lightning didn't strike twice.  The 2nd lightning quit on his team.


Where’s the line between quitting on a team and taking care of your own health? 
 

I’m as disappointed as anyone that Luck retired.   But I never once thought if him as a guy who quit on his team.  I think of him as a man who was suffering and couldn’t put up with the NFL-life anymore.   The timing couldn’t be helped.   Sucks for us.   But I don’t see Luck as a quitter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:


Where’s the line between quitting on a team and taking care of your own health? 
 

I’m as disappointed as anyone that Luck retired.   But I never once thought if him as a guy who quit on his team.  I think of him as a man who was suffering and couldn’t put up with the NFL-life anymore.   The timing couldn’t be helped.   Sucks for us.   But I don’t see Luck as a quitter. 

It's easy math for some fans...

 

End your career after your skills have eroded = Retirement

End your career before your skills have eroded = Quitter

 

Funny thing is, if Luck had stayed on and his skills did erode and he started being a turnover machine, they would be screaming for him to retire. Funny world this is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Why would you want a guy who quit on the team to come back, just to quit on the team again?

 

I wish no ill will on Luck and I hope in future years he can look back on his decision and feel it was the right decision.  But I also don't want him back on my favorite team.

Neither do I.... I could be wrong but I think it could make for some less than ideal team chemistry.

 

If he were to decide to come back in 2020 I would prefer we trade his rights... at least salvage back a couple draft picks out of it? :dunno:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

And his issues made him quit on his team

He's 30 years old hall of Fame talent who quit on his team

No he cannot, because he quit on the team.

Quite frankly, lightning didn't strike twice.  The 2nd lightning quit on his team.

Boo freakin Hoo! I swear all you do on here is whine! You sound like that drunk at the bar that sits there and complains about his ex-wife all night! Seriously, MOVE ON!!200.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am convinced Luck will never play again. I'm disappointed, but I've made my peace with that.

 

I assume he retired for good reason, and while he technically "quit," I think it's harsh to call him a quitter, as if he's less of a person. 

 

I also don't think I'd ever be able to trust him or commit to him again, if it were up to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Superman said:

I am convinced Luck will never play again. I'm disappointed, but I've made my peace with that.

 

I assume he retired for good reason, and while he technically "quit," I think it's harsh to call him a quitter, as if he's less of a person. 

 

I also don't think I'd ever be able to trust him or commit to him again, if it were up to me. 

Same here.... he retired for valid enough reasons IMO.... but if he has 2nd thoughts and wants to play again I prefer we trade his rights.

 

How long do we reserve his rights by the way?

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a Colts.com article on Tom Rathman.  They focus on his many injuries and surgeries and how they affect him today and yet he doesn’t want to quit football as a part of his life.  Apparently Lucks issues messed with his mind and not just his body. I’ve always thought there is a certain mentality you need to be an NFL lifer ala Ronnie Lott cutting off part of his his finger. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

And his issues made him quit on his team

He's 30 years old hall of Fame talent who quit on his team

No he cannot, because he quit on the team.

Quite frankly, lightning didn't strike twice.  The 2nd lightning quit on his team.

Ok man, gotcha., solid points. he's a total loser.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Superman said:

I am convinced Luck will never play again. I'm disappointed, but I've made my peace with that.

 

I assume he retired for good reason, and while he technically "quit," I think it's harsh to call him a quitter, as if he's less of a person. 

 

I also don't think I'd ever be able to trust him or commit to him again, if it were up to me. 

I get that and that's 100% fair. Never in the history of football as I know it has a 30 year old hall of fame talent QB walked away or have been available, although we still have his rights.  I think if he announced the time away healed his mind and he wanted to play again this board would be mostly ecstatic. 

 

I too have made peace with him leaving but that doesn't mean we can't try to persuade him back, I see that as two different things.  Perhaps an injured mind should be viewed the same way as an injured body.  My gut is the guy is too much of a competitor and too much of a team guy to find peace snowboarding in the Sierra Nevada's when he could be a QB of an NFL team.  Part of his equation I believe may have also been this team would be better or as good without him, that's clearly not the case.  The simple question is, is Andrew Luck worth the effort, I say he is and I'd be willing to do put forth the effort. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LockeDown said:

There is a Colts.com article on Tom Rathman.  They focus on his many injuries and surgeries and how they affect him today and yet he doesn’t want to quit football as a part of his life.  Apparently Lucks issues messed with his mind and not just his body. I’ve always thought there is a certain mentality you need to be an NFL lifer ala Ronnie Lott cutting off part of his his finger. 

To my knowledge Lott is the only player in the history of the game to cut off part of his body so he could play but I get your point.  I actually agree with you for the most part. So are you saying if Andrew said I want to play again, you'd say 'cool but go somewhere else and do it we'd rather keep Jacoby or draft a rookie  and get some picks?'  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

JB is used to it by now. If he reads this forum, he probably thinks people think he stinks anyway. Sad because JB is above average, he just isn't Luck.

So far he hasn't proven to be above average.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I shouldn’t let it affect me, but I’m still extremely sad he retired... I can’t help it, I really enjoyed watching him play. 
 

I hope he’s enjoying the father life though, being a dad is awesome!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rally5 said:

To my knowledge Lott is the only player in the history of the game to cut off part of his body so he could play but I get your point.  I actually agree with you for the most part. So are you saying if Andrew said I want to play again, you'd say 'cool but go somewhere else and do it we'd rather keep Jacoby or draft a rookie  and get some picks?'  

If Luck said he wants to come back, I would try to trade Jacoby and look for a QB in round 1 or 2. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

Same here.... he retired for valid enough reasons IMO.... but if he has 2nd thoughts and wants to play again I prefer we trade his rights.

 

How long do we reserve his rights by the way?

We hold his rights FOREVER

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here is a question for you and the forum, what do you guys think we can get for JB if we traded him? A 1st, A 2nd, or what? I am not sure right now.

Honesty, a 3rd would be his ceiling right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, csmopar said:

We hold his rights FOREVER

Honesty, a 3rd would be his ceiling right now. 

I was thinking a 2nd but you may be right. There are several teams that need a QB and a few teams could be desperate. Unless Luck comes back we need to keep JB anyway IMO and just draft someone in round 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

I shouldn’t let it affect me, but I’m still extremely sad he retired... I can’t help it, I really enjoyed watching him play. 
 

I hope he’s enjoying the father life though, being a dad is awesome!

When your passion is sports, it will affect you. It does me. Anytime the Colts, Cubs, or Pacers lose it affects me. When I was much younger it used to ruin my whole week when the Colts would lose. It still bothers me when they lose but it isn't as bad now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here is a question for you and the forum, what do you guys think we can get for JB if we traded him? A 1st, A 2nd, or what? I am not sure right now.

I would think a 4th is the ballpark. Maybe a 3rd if there is a desperate team that is looking for a stop gap.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine   Post your predictions please 
    • I would completely disagree with everything you say.  Two years and saying he is who he is after a short lived football life is completely wrong.  Comparing him to players (Winston) who played since they were 5 is a bad comparison.  Look at Mo Allie-Cox as a better example.  He looks a lot better now this year.  Why? Because he has had time to adjust to football versus basketball.   Can the wrestling be coached out of Ya-Sin, no probably not.  You don't have to though.  He is a natural athlete and competitor so he probably wants to learn or he would not be starting.  Some players take time, yes time, which is more than just a two year time stamp.
    • That type of stuff is nearly impossible to coach out of someone. Generally speaking players are who they are in college. QBs who turn the ball over in college, tend to do the same in the pros (Winston). Receivers who drop passes in college tend to drop passes in the NFL (Sammy Coates, Eric Ebron).   It’s been 2 years, he is who he is at this point. You can’t simply coach that out of him. It’s a mentality and part of his game. You see why he grabs too. When he doesn’t he almost always gets beat. He got beat by Brown on that TD play and then started grabbing and putting his hands in the receivers face mask so he wouldn’t get beat.   Also the whole young and needing growth thing goes out the window when you’re a starter in your second year. He’s a pro now and he’ll be treated as such. That’s why he got benched.
    • We awarded Stewart so he is off this list now.  A good 3T and 1T combo for the future.
  • Members

    • danlhart87

      danlhart87 5,110

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • nzh201vs

      nzh201vs 3

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtsSouljah

      ColtsSouljah 491

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • gspdx

      gspdx 652

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ponyboy

      ponyboy 462

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jchandler7

      jchandler7 325

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • csmopar

      csmopar 10,854

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • aaron11

      aaron11 2,812

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • w87r

      w87r 2,772

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Chloe6124

      Chloe6124 8,463

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...