Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Nadine

Colts @ Buccaneers Game Day thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, Shafty138 said:

Now you kick of course

With 3 seconds left?  Yes,  kicking was the right move

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone who didn’t catch the reasoning...

 

jacoby was trying to call timeout. You can’t take 2 timeouts in a row. Therefore the play had to be run. Thank God we got the 1st.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game is so funny. Outside of 2 defensive plays, our defense has been abysmal, and outside of 2 or 3 offensive plays our offense has been abysmal... but we're still winning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Indy_Mike said:

Frank is slowly turning into Chuck Pagano!

Did Chuck ever go for it on the 4th down?   WTH are you talking about?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CamMo said:

For anyone who didn’t catch the reasoning...

 

jacoby was trying to call timeout. You can’t take 2 timeouts in a row. Therefore the play had to be run. Thank God we got the 1st.

If it was intentionally run as a ruse - it was brilliant!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

No matter what happens this has been entertaining and fun. 

This is the most fun I have had watching a game since we beat Houston earlier in the year. We opened up the playbook that day as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Another bomb by JB, yeah he can't throw deep at all lmao That one was 50 yards. 

He is definitely throwing it downfield much better today than all year. Not sure if our guys are winning battles or the Tampa guys are bad. 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

wth was that 

Great question. Don’t kick it, try for it on 4th and 1 then kick it after converting. It feels like this staff coaches using the black magic 8 ball, I’ve used this reference many times this year and it seems true. Taking the 3 and getting the ball after the half would have been the right call. JB doesn’t know your team can’t call 2 time outs in a row by now? Dear lord 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We might of found a future WR in Johnson.

Tampa is terrible at pass defense. Johnson will probably be invisible next week

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Riverboat Frank haha . I am glad we took the 3 actually. 27-21 at the half. 

What would the thinking be if we didn’t convert? That imho was a horrible coaching decision to not take the 3, convert and then take the 3 after all because it was the proper call. Had they not scored when in that spot, the media and fans would have roasted him. I wonder if Reich is just being too unsure on several calls he makes as a head coach that it’s showing. Needs more confidence in making a call and sticking to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, runthepost said:

Tampa is terrible at pass defense. Johnson will probably be invisible next week

He has had some big moments since being called up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is the most fun I have had watching a game since we beat Houston earlier in the year. We opened up the playbook that day as well.

The mixing it up has been great to watch. Also like seeing JB continue to respond to the criticism about holding onto the ball.  I don’t think it’s a horrible thing to have weaknesses, but it’s how you respond that matters. Go Colts! :rock:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jdubu said:

What would the thinking be if we didn’t convert? That imho was a horrible coaching decision to not take the 3, convert and then take the 3 after all because it was the proper call. Had they not scored when in that spot, the media and fans would have roasted him. I wonder if Reich is just being too unsure on several calls he makes as a head coach that it’s showing. Needs more confidence in making a call and sticking to it. 

Kicking it was the correct play.   Completely different than going for it on 4th down.    There were only 3 seconds on the clock

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, runthepost said:

Tampa is terrible at pass defense. Johnson will probably be invisible next week

Tampa pass D is bad but JB is throwing to someone that nobody even had on the roster before the season started. There is always 2 ways at looking at something. Johnson isn't even a #4 on most teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...